First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
good looking, how hard to put on the rear panel ones? what r things to watch out for?
Enj’Drivin’,
Thanks, trying to be unique or at least different.

i installed all of these wet using app fluid Amazon). The rear fender ones were easiest but still a bit tricky to ‘float do positioned just right. I left just enough thin tip to tuck into the seam at the bottom. Watch outs would be ensuring even placement along long edges and not stressing its perfect static fit shape. This being a peel and place vinyl decal (Premium brand) can also stretch quite a bit along length. I did wet as I didnt want to take a chance distorting it dry reappling as it’d probably stretch and be narrow at that point. I’m good but not perfect with dry so second chance comes with risk here, none with wet and patience. I mist not only the paint but decal back too. Felt rectangular squeegee is best to seal edges to pait along the crowned surface. Material wise it’s medium thick and glossy. This niche’ is already raised to fit but Premium is the only one I’ve seen sell a pre-cut decal. Sure a pro wrapper could tailor fit and cut in place. I personally couldnt cut against a painted surface and no knife used on any, they all fit great positioned correctly.

The only thing I wish Premium did differently is to use satin black (not matte) black instead of glossy for a more realistic look. I’m telling them in hope we might get option on fascia.
Sponsored

TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CBP CTR, '17 SGP SPORT TOURING 6MT(SOLD)
Country flag
None of the type rs had this Easter egg. As far as I know, the Si does.
I think you're right, I don't think any Swindon built Civic's hatchbacks have this easter egg, just the regular Civic's and Si's built in US/Canada

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My hatch and my R both had plain bottoms on the little cubby covers, so I doubt any other Swindon ones had them unless dealers are taking them out on purpose.

Ordered a set of Rally Armor mud flaps today, and I'm looking for a set of rain visors too. Any recommendations besides the OEM Honda ones? I had a set on the hatch that did just fine, some of the aftermarket ones are cool but they all seem to have fitment issues?

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Easter Egg Hatched in 2019?

There’s no ‘’Easter Egg’ design on the bottom of my center console Rubber pad bottom as Honda-Pro Jason talks about and has been seen here before with varied designs molded in. Not unless my design is Traces of Carbon Fiber at Night With Snow Flurries.

Did Honda stop this in 2019? Mine was bought new from dealer in ATL.

I dont remember which thread has it nor could i find it searching about the several chance diff logos that used to be in the R.

Really disappointed (kidding) but maybe lack of design saves me a few hundredths of an ounce, giving me an inconceivable speed advantage?

56B670FA-B25B-4A02-8373-30973CB98E81.jpeg
They're in the Si, I was lucky enough to remember to take it out when I traded my Si. I didn't think many people knew of this, I might be one of the few CTRs with one ?
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? unnamed2

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Volksparts Nice. How is it working with vinyl? Never tried it before.
Can be time consuming and you have to be very patient. YouTube and using VVivid air release technology helped me a lot. I feel the quality has made it easier to lay the vinyl these days. I had worked with wrapping a couple years ago and failed horribly. But I'm at a point these days where I like to try to improve my technique with things. Last night I completed the roof "fins". I have to say that I'm happy with the outcome.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200514_123828

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200514_123836

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Can be time consuming and you have to be very patient. YouTube and using VVivid air release technology helped me a lot. I feel the quality has made it easier to lay the vinyl these days. I had worked with wrapping a couple years ago and failed horribly. But I'm at a point these days where I like to try to improve my technique with things. Last night I completed the roof "fins". I have to say that I'm happy with the outcome.

20200514_123828.jpg

20200514_123836.jpg
Looks pretty good - mind sharing your technique?