First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not that crazy yet, but did wash my car on Sunday, and just before I was finished, there is three piles of bird dropping on my car, have to rinsed it again
I think crazy is removing the front seats, lunatic is when you remove the back ones.
To keep sanity, I use an adapter that came with my shop vac that has small nook & cranny attachments. Not sure what a cranny is but I bet grandpa knows (ewww).
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I totally agree man! I have the carbon fiber tips, so it was super obvious. I also didn't like that you could clearly see that there was a plate covering the middle exhaust opening. So I taped off the carbon fiber portion and painted everything else black. Definitely makes it less noticeable now.
What he said!
The Borla ATAK is a great exhaust, I had trouble deciding, AWE Touring won.

The black paint is good because even the flashiest pirate wears a black eye patch.

That reminds me of a joke (the humor impaired press on mateys):

A pirate captain was sailing along when suddenly from the crows nest a cry came— “Three enemy pirate ships approaching off the bow captain.” The captain quickly turns to the first mate and says, “Bring me my red shirt.”
A huge sword battle ensues and the crew is victorious. The first mate then asks, “Why the red shirt sir?” Captain says, “I wore that so if I would get injured in battle, the men wouldn’t notice my blood and would bravely fight on.”
Weeks later, an urgent call from the crows nest, “Nine enemy ships approaching sir!”
The captain turns to the first mate and says,
“Fetch me my brown pants!”

Last edited:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not that crazy yet, but did wash my car on Sunday, and just before I was finished, there is three piles of bird dropping on my car, have to rinsed it again
Whatever works for you is fine here. I would have cleaned the spots with detailing spray.

Then again, I’m assuming sparrow or blackbirds. I wasn’t there; could have been vultures— by all means wash it—
Lather, rinse, repeat!

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UPS finally released and delivered my procivic visors.
Driver side I messed up and the alignment is off ~3-5mm... that's going to bug me forever...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_3893.JPEG

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UPS finally released and delivered my procivic visors.
Driver side I messed up and the alignment is off ~3-5mm... that's going to bug me forever...

IMG_3893.JPEG
Nice.

Do they only attach with double sided tape? I know the OEM Honda ones have brackets (easily removed) But aid in alignment. You could always pull them off and get the existing, used tape off, and use new tape.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Nice.

Do they only attach with double sided tape? I know the OEM Honda ones have brackets (easily removed) But aid in alignment. You could always pull them off and get the existing, used tape off, and use new tape.
The ones I installed (if I'm not mistaken they were ProCivic as well) used metal brackets as well as tape. The brackets could be slid up and down the window though, so it is adjustable (you'd still need new tape though).

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice.

The version I got just uses tape and no clips.

We'll see how much it bothers me over time. Likely once this corona virus pandemic passes and I'm back to daily driving, I'm sure it will bug me enough to re-do.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recieved ebay vents , these are great for the price ,fitment is spot on

B1E14AA0-0488-4F1B-8DC7-1D2C92179C46.jpeg

6EC8B2BE-B88F-4673-ABD9-2C43EB07B711.jpeg
Omar0123,
Please sharesome fairly close-up pictures once installed if you can.
Hope you quarantine packages for a day or three depending on origin & time enroute.
Something about 2 to 3 percent chance of dying should there still be live Sea Monkeys within makes me put down packages and mail to chill for a bit, set in safe secure weatherproof area outside. Obsessive to some, smart to others,
I totally covered myself with green Plasti-dip today except for essential orifaces, (I can’t think of any non-essential ones actually).
Not sure if Wal-Mart will let me in with my twin antenna hat, green mask, and matching shoes, no pics will be shared.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Covid does not live on paper or cardboard much other than that i always clean with alcohol trust me these front grill have better build quality than oem only thing is its not gloss black wich i like because it matches the middle grill ill shoot some close ups in a bit

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Proper fog light area vents look great chaps, but you not worried about the effect on airflow and the extra drag you are creating?

They are even smooth on the 2020 car for a reason I guess, and your creating turbulence in areas honda didn't design for.

Hey I am no expert and they do look better but just thought I'd chuck it out there!!!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I dont drag or track my car i live in a hot area tropics 24/7 heat is a big factor cooling is a much more concern for me if you look through the vents air does go through the side vents , members here do worse by killing the cars ride quality and stability of the car by changing springs and wider wheels but to each his own true this car is perfect look at hondas race version see the front grills there open
Sponsored