What did you do to your Type R today?

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Got this installed today. Throaty sounding exhaust. It has plates to control the resonator to have it wide open, partially blocked, or completely blocked. A little too aggressive wide open for daily driving, so I’ll play with the other plates in the days to come. Honestly, for a weekend car, there is a slight bit of drone (when wide open) that would be tolerable, but probably not for a DD IMO.

DSC08989.jpg

DSC08990.jpg

DSC08991.jpg
Looks good man! I went with the full plate. There is still a bit of drone, but nothing too bad. And like Borla states, there there is no loss in performance when using the plates. I tested it on a dyno.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good man! I went with the full plate. There is still a bit of drone, but nothing too bad. And like Borla states, there there is no loss in performance when using the plates. I tested it on a dyno.
The only thing that looks funny to me with my center blocked off is how clean that stays and how quickly the others get dirty.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Over the weekend I put my summer tires on (NSX wheels w/Michelin PS4S) and changed the OEM front brake pads to Akebono. Waiting on a caliper piston windback tool from Amazon to do the rear pads. I have heard the Akebonos generate much less dust than the OEM pads, tired of feeling like I needed to clean my wheels twice a week to keep them looking good.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The only thing that looks funny to me with my center blocked off is how clean that stays and how quickly the others get dirty.
This never really occurred to me. I got black tips hoping that the crud that builds up on the tips wouldn't stand out as much as on polished silver tips.

kevo.fk8

instagram.com/kevo.fk8
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Aegean Blue
Country flag
Might get flamed for this but found a Mishimoto intake for very cheap and decided to buy it and heat tape it to see if it would help with complaints that some people had of it soaking heat. Taped all exterior sides. We shall see...if not, back to the PRL/ K&N

IMG_20200330_182452.jpg

IMG_20200330_182501.jpg

IMG_20200330_182505.jpg
I been thinking bout doing the same thing with the Mishi Intake has the wrap been able to keep it cool?

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I totally agree man! I have the carbon fiber tips, so it was super obvious. I also didn't like that you could clearly see that there was a plate covering the middle exhaust opening. So I taped off the carbon fiber portion and painted everything else black. Definitely makes it less noticeable now.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I totally agree man! I have the carbon fiber tips, so it was super obvious. I also didn't like that you could clearly see that there was a plate covering the middle exhaust opening. So I taped off the carbon fiber portion and painted everything else black. Definitely makes it less noticeable now.
Yeah good point. Maybe I will at least paint the plate with hi temp flat black.

bwalla12

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I been thinking bout doing the same thing with the Mishi Intake has the wrap been able to keep it cool?
I haven't had the chance to test any temps. Was going to do that once I got Hondata installed but I haven't physically noticed any kind of power decrease vs the K&N filter + PRL silicone...

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Interesting look with the wrapped mugen lip! I kinda dig it... Reminds me of a slightly toned down version of the EVS lip.
thank ya that’s exactly what I was going for.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I removed the front seats to do a proper cleaning. Any other lunatics out there do this?

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
I removed the front seats to do a proper cleaning. Any other lunatics out there do this?
I am not that crazy yet, but did wash my car on Sunday, and just before I was finished, there is three piles of bird dropping on my car, have to rinsed it again

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the one I wanted to get, but can't find it anywhere. The item has been off ebay for awhile...
Not sure if same yet but I have these inbound, imported from the Amazon:
(Link looks strange but works for me)
Car
Sponsored

Last edited: