ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Swap my 20" oz with PS4S new tires on my car and uploaded the photo on my facebook. That same evening, someone came to slash all four of my tires...
Alarm went off at 1:30am, my phone beep me to notify me, i checked gps and my car still on drive way so i thought false alarm and took my time to put on a jacket and went out to take a look and found all 4 tires are completely flat.
No suspect or car can be seen.
Called police and they told me they are practicing social distancing and i just suck my own thing...
Wont even come to file a case and told me just do it online.. amd claim insurance..
2g gone.. big sucky day
It just sucks that they'll happily write you a ticket for social distance violations but property damage? Oh well.
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Darn shame about the slash, who wins? Rates can go up for all of us from acts like this. The perp prolly has insurance so they in an odd way, hurt themselves.

This sort of was a social distancing infraction.
Someone got closer than six feet with a utility knife.

Protect yourself with video. There are many overt and covert options, overt is a better deterrent for watching, post it. I hope you get everything covered. Depending on your insurance company they might only pay for OEM tire replacements even if you produce a receipt,

Probably somebody was jealous, look for repeated drive by from orange Kia Stingers, any yellow cars, record plates, Someone you know might know someone who could have a look see in LE.

Some people do stuff like this on a dare to see if they get caught, if not, the car itself might disappear next One good crime enables another, it has happened. There are still old school motion sensitive car alarms with location/risk specific modes so someone in a spot next to you doesn’t tickle it daytime at work yet nighttime mode could of perhaps yelped before crawling scum got started. These typically reset or more sdvanced systems call/alert you instantly. Problem is, these can cost several thousand. I had an entry level one 10 years ago and could leave windows down, people could walk by. If they lingered, warned, reach inside, full alarm, windows roll up, guess who disabled reversing? Never caught anyone and they’d just break the window but I felt better.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah man that sucks. Funny that you put the police notice over the plate. Good idea. And is that another Type R behind the yellow one?
Whenever I see stuff like this makes me glad I can park my cars off street in a locked area. Good luck with everything bro.
I normally park my car in garage.. but that day i just changed the wheel and got lazy.. didnt move around the car and leave it on drive way..
The car behind is a sport hatch.. i did hella amount of work on it ..

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Darn shame about the slash, who wins? Rates can go up for all of us from acts like this. The perp prolly has insurance so they in an odd way, hurt themselves.

This sort of was a social distancing infraction.
Someone got closer than six feet with a utility knife.

Protect yourself with video. There are many overt and covert options, overt is a better deterrent for watching, post it. I hope you get everything covered. Depending on your insurance company they might only pay for OEM tire replacements even if you produce a receipt,
I filed police case online, called insurance.. gave them receipt.. and now waiting for reimbursement...
I will go get cup2 this time, heard it grip so well and tread will last a good 2 years.

Probably somebody was jealous, look for repeated drive by from orange Kia Stingers, any yellow cars, record plates, Someone you know might know someone who could have a look see in LE.

Some people do stuff like this on a dare to see if they get caught, if not, the car itself might disappear next One good crime enables another, it has happened. There are still old school motion sensitive car alarms with location/risk specific modes so someone in a spot next to you doesn’t tickle it daytime at work yet nighttime mode could of perhaps yelped before crawling scum got started. These typically reset or more sdvanced systems call/alert you instantly. Problem is, these can cost several thousand. I had an entry level one 10 years ago and could leave windows down, people could walk by. If they lingered, warned, reach inside, full alarm, windows roll up, guess who disabled reversing? Never caught anyone and they’d just break the window but I felt better.
I did have good alarm with all sensor that i can possible get.. motion sensor, tilt sensor shock sensitive, glass break sensor, back up battery, GPS with smart start.. i spent over 1g for it..
I did get alert from my phone but by the time i went out... they are gone.. neighbour of entire street checked their cam but couldnt pick up any suspect.

Last edited:

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
Swap my 20" oz with PS4S new tires on my car and uploaded the photo on my facebook. That same evening, someone came to slash all four of my tires...
Alarm went off at 1:30am, my phone beep me to notify me, i checked gps and my car still on drive way so i thought false alarm and took my time to put on a jacket and went out to take a look and found all 4 tires are completely flat.
Called police and they told me they are practicing social distancing and i just suck my own thing...
Wont even come to file a case and told me just do it online.. amd claim insurance..
2g gone.. big sucky day
Some people just hate to see others prosper. Don't let em get ya down.

bwalla12

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Might get flamed for this but found a Mishimoto intake for very cheap and decided to buy it and heat tape it to see if it would help with complaints that some people had of it soaking heat. Taped all exterior sides. We shall see...if not, back to the PRL/ K&N

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200330_182452

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200330_182501

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200330_182505

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed JDM/EDM clear side markers. Didn't know the light sockets aren't USDM compatible. Had to dremel out two additional tabs on the USDM sockets and swap over to JDM makers. Job done but just took a little longer than expected with little room to do the work.

Finished product with LED amber bulb.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? upload_2020-3-30_19-39-28

EDM/JDM parts that needed modification: 34300-TET-H01, 34350-TET-H01
Left is JDM, Right is USDM. Need to dremel out two tabs on the USDM and swap it over to the JDM marker.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? upload_2020-3-30_19-42-30

Later I found out that Honda actually makes another set of clear side markers that don't require modification. Part number is 33800-TEM-M01-LR. But that's after the fact and they're quite a bit more than what I paid for my set (used).

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? upload_2020-3-30_19-49-43

Last edited:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
“Customize - to modify or build according to individual or personal specifications or preference: to customize an automobile.”

I guess I was into comics as a kid. Tried to spruce up the somewhat understated TSW Interlagos. The inner step lower level fit these decals best and gives deeper look.

One down, three to go.

Not many left in 19”x9.5”, under $175 each for Rotary Forged @ CARID & BBWheels. Guaranteed R fit, +41 offset but they also make a 33. There are 18 & 20” too, offset varies by size, flat wheel but fits big calipers.

View attachment 208144

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 12E08C17-44BD-4301-9B1D-92B245C95959

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? ECF6A45F-B2FF-4C79-BAFC-9FBE0D524A3C

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2g gone.. big sucky day

20200326_134909.jpg

20200326_135250.jpg

20200326_105135.jpg

Maybe they wanted to steal your wheels and realized they couldn't because of your badass lug nuts? Then they just wanted to do something else instead. Do you have an aftermarket alarm?

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this won't be for everyone but ordered some aerosol aegean blue paint and paint matched the engine cover. The red stuck out a little too much for my taste with the other mods I have

IMG_20200322_143542.jpg

I LOVE THIS! Where did you get the paint from..?

bwalla12

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I LOVE THIS! Where did you get the paint from..?
Bought it off Amazon - some company sells the aerosol kits that come with the paint code, primer, clear, and cleaner. They are out of stock now bc of the C19 crisis

phan10ms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R, '06 AP2 S2000
Country flag
Installed JDM/EDM clear side markers. Didn't know the light sockets aren't USDM compatible. Had to dremel out two additional tabs on the USDM sockets and swap over to JDM makers. Job done but just took a little longer than expected with little room to do the work.

Finished product with LED amber bulb.
upload_2020-3-30_19-39-28.png

EDM/JDM parts that needed modification: 34300-TET-H01, 34350-TET-H01
Left is JDM, Right is USDM. Need to dremel out two tabs on the USDM and swap it over to the JDM marker.
upload_2020-3-30_19-42-30.png

Later I found out that Honda actually makes another set of clear side markers that don't require modification. Part number is 33800-TEM-M01-LR. But that's after the fact and they're quite a bit more than what I paid for my set (used).

upload_2020-3-30_19-49-43.png
To add to this for those that don't have a Dremel or want to use a Dremel, I was able to remove those tabs cleanly with a pair of dykes. The plastic is soft.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? dikes

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To add to this for those that don't have a Dremel or want to use a Dremel, I was able to remove those tabs cleanly with a pair of dykes. The plastic is soft.

dikes.jpg
To remain PC, they’re really diagonal cutting pliers.

Down the street they had several old carpet remnants rolled up by the mailbox for pickup. I then realized, not that it matters, it was the two ladies with short hair, lots of tatts. I guess the rugs had been shorn down about as far as two could nibble. What kind of pliers were those again?
Sponsored