First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That exhaust is know for drone . I installed and tested myself in another R, great sound btw .
Alejandro,
I don’t understand your post. The one thing the TOURING version is known for is NO drone yet you kind of say you like it? Set me straight on your opinion if I can stop being dense and read to understand more.

While there’s a bright spot at around 2,500 and some increased hummy sounds in a range that ends with 69 (how bad can that be?) the intensity is intentionally designed to be lower in intensity and broader spectrum speed wise perhaps on purpose to ease through it vs a big vawhoomph that might be narrower and loosen fillings. This all happens due to the 180 amplitude noise cancellation tech within, same principle in ANR headphones/headsets but passive not electronic. As Joe Walsh once said (Google), “You Can Tuna Piano But You Can’t Tuna Fish”. Life has been good to me so far JW.
I realize sound is subjective but you almost make it sound like a ear bleeding torture chamber in the back seat.
If it bothers you terribly, maybe get a good radar detector as anything under 70 you risk Priu-sneer. That’s the unconscious mini-grin Prius owners get passing a Type R. I experienced this just once about to make a signaled right turn, it won’t happen again. (Them passing, I’ll likely turn to the right again).

Seriously though, maybe due to me usually cracking windows (not gassy generally-TMI!) or down all the way I don’t sense any severe SPL problem with resonance. I wonder if you had the Track version without the 180 trap, LOL?

Have you compared it to other more expensive exhausts? Several owners I catch here have diff R exhausts and I can confidently say AWE Touring has the least annoying irregularities, maybe it hadn’t settled/broke in yet. Anything beats drone of C-130 engines, couple thousands of hours doubled up ear protection in that environment and still can hea.... What’s that honey, your hair’s on fire? Oh, your car has a flat tire, got it now. It’s only flat on the bottom. Not you, the tire.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Sold mine today.... Was sad to see it drive away.
Will try electric, but I'm afraid that I will miss stick (and I know that will be gone for good in a few years :( )

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
Sold mine today.... Was sad to see it drive away.
Will try electric, but I'm afraid that I will miss stick (and I know that will be gone for good in a few years :( )
Well I hope you enjoy whatever you purchased! You're always welcome here.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Alejandro,
I don’t understand your post. The one thing the TOURING version is known for is NO drone yet you kind of say you like it? Set me straight on your opinion if I can stop being dense and read to understand more.

While there’s a bright spot at around 2,500 and some increased hummy sounds in a range that ends with 69 (how bad can that be?) the intensity is intentionally designed to be lower in intensity and broader spectrum speed wise perhaps on purpose to ease through it vs a big vawhoomph that might be narrower and loosen fillings. This all happens due to the 180 amplitude noise cancellation tech within, same principle in ANR headphones/headsets but passive not electronic. As Joe Walsh once said (Google), “You Can Tuna Piano But You Can’t Tuna Fish”. Life has been good to me so far JW.
I realize sound is subjective but you almost make it sound like a ear bleeding torture chamber in the back seat.
If it bothers you terribly, maybe get a good radar detector as anything under 70 you risk Priu-sneer. That’s the unconscious mini-grin Prius owners get passing a Type R. I experienced this just once about to make a signaled right turn, it won’t happen again. (Them passing, I’ll likely turn to the right again).

Seriously though, maybe due to me usually cracking windows (not gassy generally-TMI!) or down all the way I don’t sense any severe SPL problem with resonance. I wonder if you had the Track version without the 180 trap, LOL?

Have you compared it to other more expensive exhausts? Several owners I catch here have diff R exhausts and I can confidently say AWE Touring has the least annoying irregularities, maybe it hadn’t settled/broke in yet. Anything beats drone of C-130 engines, couple thousands of hours doubled up ear protection in that environment and still can hea.... What’s that honey, your hair’s on fire? Oh, your car has a flat tire, got it now. It’s only flat on the bottom. Not you, the tire.
Haha hahah! I couldn’t stop laughing the whole post , you’re awesome man never change !
The exhaust drone , is not that bad , is the touring version , not the track version , is not that low frequency drone like the nvidea r400 or GReddy 3 tips hg , the drone is on another frequency , outside the exhaust has a great tone , I install bolts on as a side job so no , is not my first experience with aftermarket exhaust. Mostly aftermarket exhaust drone with exception of those exhaust system with helmholtz resonators, or any other cancellation resonators , for example for those exhaust system with a large muffler on the back with dead ends like Miltek , Remus etc , for those design doesn’t drone at all , but those exhaust doesn’t sound any deep like R400. The other exhaust system with cancellation resonators is for example 27 won , ultimate racing ( ultraquiet) and there is a couple more any of those exhaust system with a pipe or resonator conectes just in one side and the other side is close , I will post a example picture . Clarifying what I call drone is when you have resonances or exhaust sound inside the cabin and not outside , and usually came with certain notes vibrating inside the car , I understand many people don’t care or is not annoying or noticeable for them .
just my opinion, hopefully this info helps .

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 3EF6D356-9A81-4056-A427-9CCF1B4C467A

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1EB0E004-DBF3-4102-BB75-D5D68932EF1E

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? D1A0055D-782A-47D6-91FD-9EE9566D2700

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
What did I do today..

Well I woke up the CTR from its slumber and ended up finally installing:

- new shoes (Gramlight 57DR 18x9.5), thanks @System Motorsports !
- ZL1 Rock Guards
- Hondata basemap
- dead pedal.

I'm in love all over again.

IMG-1615.JPG

IMG-1620.jpg

IMG-1622.jpg

F98BA857-0559-4B02-9240-677DBD539A97.jpg

3E1572C5-5841-43AF-881C-E9B58DECDF47.jpg

21B9FD77-AADE-49CE-8E7C-17DDD3DBDE26.jpg
Car is looking great!:thumbsup: Awesome choice on the wheels!!:bow:

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Why not TIG it all? Don’t get why they would MIG those joints.
Very valid question, especially when everything around that point is TIG:dunno: Possibly a structural joint that needed a wider penetration weld area for better support. There has to be a reason for that.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Why not TIG it all? Don’t get why they would MIG those joints.
Because this exhaust was originally track version and I added those resonators .
The mostly muffler shop doesn’t have tig for that kind of job

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because this exhaust was originally track version and I added those resonators .
The mostly muffler shop doesn’t have tig for that kind of job
There we go!:thumbsup: Thanks Daniel!:headbang:

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha hahah! I couldn’t stop laughing the whole post , you’re awesome man never change !
The exhaust drone , is not that bad , is the touring version , not the track version , is not that low frequency drone like the nvidea r400 or GReddy 3 tips hg , the drone is on another frequency , outside the exhaust has a great tone , I install bolts on as a side job so no , is not my first experience with aftermarket exhaust. Mostly aftermarket exhaust drone with exception of those exhaust system with helmholtz resonators, or any other cancellation resonators , for example for those exhaust system with a large muffler on the back with dead ends like Miltek , Remus etc , for those design doesn’t drone at all , but those exhaust doesn’t sound any deep like R400. The other exhaust system with cancellation resonators is for example 27 won , ultimate racing ( ultraquiet) and there is a couple more any of those exhaust system with a pipe or resonator conectes just in one side and the other side is close , I will post a example picture . Clarifying what I call drone is when you have resonances or exhaust sound inside the cabin and not outside , and usually came with certain notes vibrating inside the car , I understand many people don’t care or is not annoying or noticeable for them .
just my opinion, hopefully this info helps .

3EF6D356-9A81-4056-A427-9CCF1B4C467A.jpeg

1EB0E004-DBF3-4102-BB75-D5D68932EF1E.jpeg

D1A0055D-782A-47D6-91FD-9EE9566D2700.png
I like your opinions, good stuff. I can’t afford the 27won (<—Korean’s are probably perplexed) system or I’d own it, same for Remis except for Bluetooth aspect. I’d want an old school pull cord like old trains and buses had to signal stop at next spot.

What are you running exhaust wise and why? Curious, not saying any one system is better than another but they’re related all +\- aspects.

Heck, my wife’s younger sister is blonde and has her picture in the dictionary under Hottie, great sense of humor too. That doesn’t mean I want to drive her daily. Wait, that’s not quite what I consciously meant.