Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm going to try the Mach-E
See how I will like the life of electric car.
I'm very skeptical, but I don't like the way the Norwegian government punish us driving fossil fuel.
Wabby,
Very interesting choice to get a Mach-E SUV. Do you realize how much fossil fuel is used to make this vehicle compared to an internal combustion engine one? Do you also realize how much fossil fuel is used inefficiently for generating electricity for charging and that environmental impact? Depending on location, charging can be a problem but it helps find spots for you.

I like Ford’s approach with SYNCH as people are going to text & drive regardless so they embrace it while maintaining eyes on the road (brain split means half attention). I think they do this better than the two phone platforms. If inattentive, Ford stepped up the nav and cruise features closer than ever but still short of Tesla.

Regarding Norway, you’re just doomed until Trade in with the Type R. Let’s break down the word Norway... No R way so this could be model bias.

If Ford solicits public inputs on what they say it’s the E is supposed to do vs. what customers really want, they should put out an SDK so geniuses can design Open Source Software Helping Integration Tomorrow ((OSSH*T). Maybe it’s better if we just refer to their Open source testbed vehicle as MACH-O instead.
Sponsored

Last edited:

silentTCK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi all, new Type R owner from Missouri USA here. Today I finished reading this thread. I wanted to get through it all before posting, so here are the things I did to my Type R while taking in this vast expanse of information...

I found my Type R listed for sale after it had lost its driver unexpectedly. The driver's girlfriend was selling the car since she had no interest in keeping it.
When I test drove, it was covered in winter dirt due to the unexpected situation, and the seller was not in the mood to mess with it. The car drove well and was priced right, so I brought it home. I was in love with the filthy beast.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_0865.JPG

The previous owner had 2 sets of wheels, but almost all of the tires were bald or flat. His girlfriend said he REALLY loved driving it, and it shows.
There were 2 stock wheels/tires on the front, and 2 18x8 Flow One F1s with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s 235/45 on the back. These tires were the least bald of the bunch, and all held air.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_0891.JPG

I bought Continental Extreme Contact DSW 06 245/40 for the F1s since i plan to daily drive it year round.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_0904.JPG

Immediately played hooky from work and took the back roads down to Hermann, MO.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_0957.JPG

Still deciding what to do with the OEM wheels this summer, but I'd like to do autox and track days at Gateway Motorsports Park.

Thanks to everyone for the info, tests, reviews, and great photos of gorgeous cars.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Just installed and HKS Spec-L exhaust on my car in about 3 hours! Sounds sooo damn good!
I was thinking about going this route. I'm kind of torn between the Spec-L or the 27Won (waiting on some less process sound clips). I know 27Won claims power gains if I'm not mistaken. Do you feel anything similar wit the Spec-L? Just curious.

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I was thinking about going this route. I'm kind of torn between the Spec-L or the 27Won (waiting on some less process sound clips). I know 27Won claims power gains if I'm not mistaken. Do you feel anything similar wit the Spec-L? Just curious.
I’m not tuned other than JB4, but no noticeable power gains. Biggest reason I went with HKS Spec-L is the reason it’s 15.5lbs lighter than stock. So I can drop weight without breaking the bank.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice. Those are (2) great mods and excellent choices Chris. Have caught a boatload of oil in the PCV can but nothing so far in CCV. Radium provides (2) methods to route the CCV. Recommend doing the more involved one for a cleaner look.

looking forward to hearing your feedback on the Hasport :)

Got a Radium Engineering Dual Catch Can setup and a Hasport 62A RMM. I installed the rmm today after work.

20200124_154805.jpg

20200124_170238.jpg

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
Very nice. Those are (2) great mods and excellent choices Chris. Have caught a boatload of oil in the PCV can but nothing so far in CCV. Radium provides (2) methods to route the CCV. Recommend doing the more involved one for a cleaner look.

looking forward to hearing your feedback on the Hasport :)
Tom, I hope to get out on the road today & see how it feels. it's supposed to 65 degrees today. The summer tires will thank me. I'll let you know what I think. If I have time this weekend, I'd like to get started on the catch can set up as well. We'll see.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Hi all, new Type R owner from Missouri USA here. Today I finished reading this thread. I wanted to get through it all before posting, so here are the things I did to my Type R while taking in this vast expanse of information...

Still deciding what to do with the OEM wheels this summer, but I'd like to do autox and track days at Gateway Motorsports Park.

Thanks to everyone for the info, tests, reviews, and great photos of gorgeous cars.
Congrats on the new car.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Installed the lighted Type R door sills yesterday. I was waiting for the passenger side piece to come off of backorder but it showed up yesterday so I put them in. Very easy to install these, literally plug and play. Not a bad interior mod for around $100.00.:thumbsup:

View attachment 195923

View attachment 195924

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 9756C085-2C10-4555-90D7-D6DDD1D81F82

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 00A86266-CDFE-4D6F-B3D8-B02A65CDE54A

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 008AA63F-4763-49F2-8FC3-C5D78A03DA64

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? B45C96D8-9460-4C65-B18C-431622886E72

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 89A9E600-13CC-4CE0-BA72-80D372BBC969

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? CF6753C3-B393-45D4-B699-BE771FC1BAF5

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 25FB4E70-627B-49AA-B5C8-8044BA128A95

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 8A88CAE1-A1F7-4258-8779-62A684F98209

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just installed and HKS Spec-L exhaust on my car in about 3 hours! Sounds sooo damn good!
Can you describe the sound more? Do you get much burble? Thinking of going this route too based on the sound and weight savings.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you describe the sound more? Do you get much burble? Thinking of going this route too based on the sound and weight savings.
mdm24 & IHadToRun,

Good choice with HKS Spec-L (subtle Special).

What other exhaust systems did/have you considered?

Silly as it is, I’ve limited choices to 3-tip systems as I like the look and lots to choose from.

I couldn’t decide between Borla ATAK and AWE Touring. Bought AWE but it’ll still be a few weeks before installation. The Borla is great but with all that polyphonic tech seems like just a louder version of OEM.

I wanted a little more growl vs. purr and the AWE is not known to drone (not that Borla drones either). The 180 noise cancelling resonator (actually anti- by definition) seems effective based on research.

I’ll put some video on YouTube once installed but it’s not going to be a slick production for sure.

Keep us posted on how the L sound changes (if at all) and mdm24, what you finally decide on.

Surprising thing to me is the price range of R exhaust systems. They start at about $1k to over $3k and manufacturers control pricing so don’t expect to get any discount, maybe 5-10% at best.
Sponsored