What did you do to your Type R today?

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Painted the hubs and got rid of the surface rust that was starting to form in prep for the new wheels. I decided to go with a flat black in lieu of silver just to switch it up a bit.
When I pulled the wheels, I noticed I had a nail in my tire. I got real lucky because it still held pressure. This seems to be a real trend with these tires.

IMG-3011.JPG

IMG-3013.JPG

IMG-3012.JPG
I got two coats of clear on the hubs and came out really Sharp.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200103_1734495_rewind

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200103_1735046_rewind

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Those turned out badass Jim, very clean work!

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
SPC rear adjustable control arms showed up today. As soon as I can slip my own car in at work next week I'll get the springs and arms knocked out.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? A3DA2B26-406F-4F86-BE7D-E44846B5EE77

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 4B4EAFCC-2233-4F7E-A794-F911BDCDF716

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? AAD6C5EE-0458-4CCD-83EA-D311BC61FF7D

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone here have experience or know someone that has J's full titanium exhaust ?? I wonder how bad is the drone in this exhaust.. anyone has any input? Thanks

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Installed the illuminated door sill harness and driver side sill. That was a pain in the ass to do in the driveway. I'm too old and fat to be bending like that. All I need now is the passenger side sill to come off backorder. Just place it and run the wire up to meet the harness. All for like $100!

Also got the $25 Red Carbon Fiber Faux Mugen shift knob off fleabay. It actually looks good. I really did it to see if I like a lighter and slightly larger ball. Which I do.

Also tried and failed to put the Civic Type-R door decals from fleabay. I got the first one good but the second went on wrong. Then went back and looked at the completed one and reevaluated the look. Way too rice'y. So pulled all of it off. $18 lesson learned.

Got my first tire puncture in my right rear. Dead in the middle. Slapped an orange tire plug in it. Cut off the excess. That should hold until replacement. :popcorn:

Finally if PRL could ever ship my dam intake and Perrin inserts that would be nice. So I can do all of that along with the Mishi IC kit and hybrid racing shifter cable bushings.

Last edited:

PMM-R22024

First Name
Vannack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM Civic Type R #22024
Country flag
Hey, hope you donā€™t mind but how much is this setup roughly? Thanks.
I donā€™t mind. I went through Etrailer.com because they had the best prices and the complete set available.

Rack with no wind fairing and locks: $622.73
Yakima Hightower Bike rack x2: : $498
Wind Fairing: $125
6pk lock set: $80

My total setup: Roghly $1300 after taxes.
Hope that helps.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
rally armor flaps!

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed the illuminated door sill harness and driver side sill. That was a pain in the ass to do in the driveway. I'm too old and fat to be bending like that. All I need now is the passenger side sill to come off back order. Just place it and run the wire up to meet the harness. All for like $100!

Also got the $25 Red Carbon Fiber Faux Mugen shift knob off fleabay. It actually looks good. I really did it to see it I like a lighter and slightly larger ball. Which I do.

Also tried and failed to put the Civic Type-R door decals from fleabay. I got the first one good but the second went on wrong. Then went back and looked at the completed one and reevaluated the look. Way too rice'y. So pulled all of it off. $18 lesson learned.

Got my first tire puncture in my right rear. Dead in the middle. Slapped an orange tire plug in it. Cut off the excess. That should hold until replacement. :popcorn:

Finally if PRL could ever ship my dam intake and Perrin inserts that would be nice. So I can do all of that along with the Mishi IC kit and hybrid racing shifter cable bushings.
OneSickFK8,
Have you ever tried putting stickers/decals on with RapidTac? I know some like soap and water but I have the prep and application fluids (hindsight is app one does it all well) and itā€™s great. Gives more control over positioning and can help keep bubbles out and allow for smoothe positioning just right for a minute or three until squeegeeing. Add a little more to extend working time, doesnā€™t take much. Does good job with surface prep too, smarter than rubbing alcohol. The RapidTac II is stronger for glass installs, it made getting my VTEC sticker on back (the one Canucks get) a breeze to position just perfect. Hereā€™s a link to the small bottle on Amazon:
RapidTac Rapid Tac Vinyl Application Solution, 4. Fluid_Ounces

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RMC8J6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_a8ueEbHR74A7N

View attachment 192575

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? EE18B858-A4CA-4405-B7FA-7A7C1207D93E

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
OneSickFK8,
Have you ever tried putting stickers/decals on with RapidTac? I know some like soap and water but I have the prep and application fluids (hindsight is app one does it all well) and itā€™s great. Gives more control over positioning and can help keep bubbles out and allow for smoothe positioning just right for a minute or three until squeegeeing. Add a little more to extend working time, doesnā€™t take much. Does good job with surface prep too, smarter than rubbing alcohol. The RapidTac II is stronger for glass installs, it made getting my VTEC sticker on back (the one Canucks get) a breeze to position just perfect. Hereā€™s a link to the small bottle on Amazon:
RapidTac Rapid Tac Vinyl Application Solution, 4. Fluid_Ounces

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RMC8J6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_a8ueEbHR74A7N

View attachment 192575

EE18B858-A4CA-4405-B7FA-7A7C1207D93E.jpeg
I appreciate that but I'm not going to do them. I didn't like the look. If I ever need to do stickers again. I'll try that stuff.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate that but I'm not going to do them. I didn't like the look. If I ever need to do stickers again. I'll try that stuff.
RapidTac does make it easier, good reviews and experience.

Sorry to hear about your flat, at least it was between outer treads vs replacing tire.

Sounds like you have some exciting mods lined up and I look forward to seeing pics/YouTube videos once complete. If you feel like sharing pics of shift knob or anything else you do, some of us get a kick out of that and often learn from skilled peeps like you , FatherPain, too many others to mention.

Iā€™m considering a Race Chip since thee HQ in FL is close by. Iā€™m not much into tinkering to where you can screw things up as I feel Iā€™d know just enough to be dangerous with KTuner or Hondata but supposedly either is fine if you donā€™t tweak downloaded tunes. Guess deep down I donā€™t want to change ECU itself when piggyback can do close to same thing. Rather have their pro set things up (theyā€™ve done Si but not an R yet) and just select a profile (E,S,R via phone app on the fly) prolly doing that next week.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I donā€™t mind. I went through Etrailer.com because they had the best prices and the complete set available.

Rack with no wind fairing and locks: $622.73
Yakima Hightower Bike rack x2: : $498
Wind Fairing: $125
6pk lock set: $80

My total setup: Roghly $1300 after taxes.
Hope that helps.
It does, thanks!
Sponsored