What did you do to your Type R today?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Returned to dog mode. It does feel slower without a tune. Unit is pending sale along with flex fuel kit. Just returning the car to mostly stock as I don't drive it enough (1600 miles in eight months, yikes!).

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? upload_2019-12-3_19-48-58
Sponsored

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
I've decided lately to give up my CTR... Sell it and kiss Honda goodbye for good.

There are several reasons for this, but the main reason is that Honda is basically pulling the plug on Norway.
Most Honda dealerships has now said that they stop with selling cars, but will (for now) keep there service agreements open.
There are a few dealers left, but basically no one buys Honda here. No one!

Why???
I have some thought about this but not sure if it's the reason...
  • Honda have no electric cars on the market. Electric cars are booming in Norway the last years. Urban EV fails compared price/range.
  • Few selection of models. Only CRV, HRV, Civic and Jazz(Fit). They stopped with the Accord in 2011 (which in my opinion was a really stupid idea).
  • Honda has never spent a penny on commercials in Norway. Never seen them on TV and Radio. Sometimes a web-ad, but that's it.
  • Honda sold 988 cars in 2018 in Norway :eek:
For me, I love my CTR. But I think it would be hard to keep the value of the car when Honda is giving Norway the finger. So I think that I will move on.
It was fun as long as it lasted.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Returned to dog mode. It does feel slower without a tune. Unit is pending sale along with flex fuel kit. Just returning the car to mostly stock as I don't drive it enough (1600 miles in eight months, yikes!).

upload_2019-12-3_19-48-58.png
Meanwhile 1600 miles only takes like 2-3 months for me :nixon:

What is dog mode? Stock tune?

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I swapped out the stock mats for a set of plain black regular Civic OEM mats. Love the lack of red trim and metal badge.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 94941C18-A3E2-4C16-817F-FC0A1AE51A69

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wabby, this saddens me to read this.. I stopped having the dealer service my car and have gone the DIY route... though it is convenient to have a Honda dealer down the street where I can stop by their parts department anytime. Ordering parts online would add transit time.

Can understand the decision to move on from the CTR... but you have the exclusivity factor out there. There are a lot of Type Rs here in SoCal.

I've decided lately to give up my CTR... Sell it and kiss Honda goodbye for good.

There are several reasons for this, but the main reason is that Honda is basically pulling the plug on Norway.
Most Honda dealerships has now said that they stop with selling cars, but will (for now) keep there service agreements open.

Why???
  • Honda have no electric cars on the market. Electric cars are booming in Norway the last years. Urban EV fails compared price/range.
  • Few selection of models. Only CRV, HRV, Civic and Jazz(Fit). They stopped with the Accord in 2011 (which in my opinion was a really stupid idea).
  • Honda has never spent a penny on commercials in Norway. Never seen them on TV and Radio. Sometimes a web-ad, but that's it.
For me, I love my CTR. But I think it would be hard to keep the value of the car when Honda is giving Norway the finger. So I think that I will move on.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag

Why???
Don't get your thinking here, as long as they will fix it and parts can be sent over you have the rarity exotica factor, plus surely value will hold if there are only a few

Hondas electric city car thingy will be out soon as well

Keep it!!

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag

Why???

I can see why you're selling (and I do agree with your sentiment), but I don't think I've seen as many people sell their cars after 1-2 years more than the CTR.. I really do wonder if this is just an influx of people who purchased based on the fact that Type R's would be as special as the Integra, or people buying way above what they can afford. They're holding value pretty well but definitely going down a lot quicker than many people probably thought.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Meanwhile 1600 miles only takes like 2-3 months for me :nixon:

What is dog mode? Stock tune?
Stock tune. I’ll drive it a while on stock tune to see if it has a future in the fleet. This used to be the grocery getter but with the addition of the Fit, it’s become a weekend toy, as in drive around the block twice and park.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Installed my ecuity poco nice and short and shift are shorter than before, best mod just by changing the knob height

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? BA440A11-5758-4B36-8A01-3E9068AFCCB4

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 9CF44651-3662-49C4-BC2F-205D63821A3B

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I have I stalled , modded slave clutch cylinder, master clutch cylinder, modded Mishimoto intake , and aftermarket taillights and lower rear grill light strips. All modded by AAES ( my brand )

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 5F7BB7A7-3B3B-4704-8B9D-011A9615037F

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 81B0B002-3286-4F6C-848F-0DBC5D807585

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? C6927910-12AD-4152-B605-FBEAD49D811F

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? A4695EF6-E9CF-404C-9E7E-1F205221A0A5

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 2710A23E-850B-4750-8D0B-44AC69D08CCD

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 847DE5A1-F1DC-4606-B9CE-5DD45B669ECE

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You got it in there though... so good work! Saw your post on FB, suggest heat gun to warm those hose ends and some oil on the fittings next time to make it easier if ever do a similar future mod.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 4CEDB730-1125-4D3A-B621-EB89E00A63F5

Radium Catch Can is a worthwhile mod. Will catch a bit of oil.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 87942FE1-A620-475F-BDF0-58D59D62865D

Suggest rotating the left fitting and hose a little like this. Will make it easier to reach in and unscrew the can when it’s time to empty it. Might consider cutting the hose end and trimming the hose a little to remove some of the slack.

What a pain in the ass...]

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
I can see why you're selling (and I do agree with your sentiment), but I don't think I've seen as many people sell their cars after 1-2 years more than the CTR.. I really do wonder if this is just an influx of people who purchased based on the fact that Type R's would be as special as the Integra, or people buying way above what they can afford. They're holding value pretty well but definitely going down a lot quicker than many people probably thought.
I have no idea why people do it, but for me it basically because of Honda leaving Norway and that the government is pushing electric so hard and punishing people on fossil fuel by raising the gas prices insanely and adding additional tolls on the roads.
So I want to sell while the car has warranty and value.
But I had much fun during my 2.5 years with the car, first owner in Norway.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have no idea why people do it, but for me it basically because of Honda leaving Norway and that the government is pushing electric so hard and punishing people on fossil fuel by raising the gas prices insanely and adding additional tolls on the roads.
So I want to sell while the car has warranty and value.
But I had much fun during my 2.5 years with the car, first owner in Norway.
EVs are the future. We’ll slowly follow Norway, maybe in 10 to 20 years. As soon as Honda or Toyota electrified all their cars, you’ll know it’s time. I’ll row my own gears into the grave if my legs permit.