First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so basically they color sanded it too much after the repair was made.

you either have to get the whole car color sanded or reclear the sections that was fixed and have them not color sand as much. A good body shop would have matched the orange peel of the newly sprayed pieces to the factory paint.
Yes, correct.

The shop offered to the do the whole car, but I'm not sure if it might create alternative long term impact - but honestly, if they mess it up worse they are on the hook for it. It's been a rough experience with the car getting repaired.

Remember they will sand down the orange peel , that means your clear coat will be thinner than factory
Yes, that is my biggest fear.

The only thing I can think - is if they do it, I can put a ceramic coating and hopefully that will help tide me over. No plans on getting PPF.
Sponsored

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Highly suggest the PFF for the front + mirrors if you ceramic.

Ceramic will not protect against rock chips

Yes, correct.

The shop offered to the do the whole car, but I'm not sure if it might create alternative long term impact - but honestly, if they mess it up worse they are on the hook for it. It's been a rough experience with the car getting repaired.

Yes, that is my biggest fear.

The only thing I can think - is if they do it, I can put a ceramic coating and hopefully that will help tide me over. No plans on getting PPF.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Not exciting but, ~2400 miles on it so I changed the oil. Went with Amsoil Signature Series 0W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil and an Amsoil filter. Will be installing some Acuity bushings tomorrow. Not doing the engine one as I want that to be OEM when it becomes subzero around here.

Simmons-Racing

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
what wheels/tires are you running for events? and how are you doing in your bracket? i still cant believe we are classed in d street
I have Motegi 19x8.5 wheels and RE71R 265's

Last event I won Pax and FTD in the CTR.

Here is the video, it was a small lot.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
reflashed my dynotune on sport mode!

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Winter prep:
Wrapped my hood.
On a tight budget due to pending contract renewal at work so I had to improvise. Ordered some wrap from Amazon, 3.5hrs later, some profanity and a few flying tools and she's done. Not perfect but for $40 and my first hood wrap I can't complain. Gotta touch up the edges.
CK Wraps FK7 carbon hood wrap video helped a lot. The sag from the scoop area though made it a bit of a pain.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20191016_203922

Melvinspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2015 Ford Flex
Country flag
Used a waterless wash on it for the first time, last night. Pretty happy with the results but it makes me nervous about scratches.

Discovered a healthy dose of rock chips on the front end. I've had to daily it for the last couple of weeks and its really murdered the paint. :cry:
Oh yeah, knocked over a bike onto the back hatch and put a small dent and spiderweb in the clear coat. No one will see it but me, but :doh:.

All in all, probably should've left it dirty.

Last edited:

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
Used a waterless wash on it for the first time, last night. Pretty happy with the results but it makes me nervous about scratches.

Discovered a health dose of rock chips on the front end. I've had to daily it for the last couple of weeks and its really murdered the paint. :cry:
Oh yeah, knocked over a bike onto the back hatch and put a small dent and spiderweb in the clear coat. No one will see it but me, but :doh:.

All in all, probably should've left it dirty.
I daily my car for 2 years now the front grill look like look like 8 years old car with knick and chips coming from poor road conditions/road constructions and highway driving, it hurt after first few wash, but now it is a characteristic, and still loving it ever time I get in the driver's seat

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
rocked the red shift boot for a while but changed it to black w/ red stitch to better fit my "OEM +" build i am doing.
both are done by overland design.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Pxkz9rt

before:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? lh5ioU4

after:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PLQqJYt

the red alcantara boot will be for sale btw for anyone interested. :p

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Timeout.

Is this thread here just to make everyone buy shit?
Maybe start a new thread with "What did I not pay for today, so that I could do this today"?...:bow:

:drool:

...PRL IC and DP on order.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 5B1C8FBD-493B-48C3-8F4A-0EAD11CB84DE

Rerouted the Radium PCV catch can hoses to the correct locations.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? B256EDBE-3763-45F0-AF8E-A01CA9035C01

The correct hose locations make it easier to unscrew the catch can to drain it. PCV catch can is definitely trapping oil. Wish I had gotten this earlier.

Have not caught anything in the CCV catch can so far. Thinking the CCV can is more of a nice to have mod...as opposed to the PCV catch can mod.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Timeout.

Is this thread here just to make everyone buy shit?
Maybe start a new thread with "What did I not pay for today, so that I could do this today"?...:bow:

:drool:

...PRL IC and DP on order.
I agree 100%!! :rofl:
Sponsored