Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Added the JDM/UK door illumination kit. I appreciate those who shared the pdf’s of instructions. It looks complicated, but in reality it’s wiring up 3 wires routing the harnesses and making 8 holes with the drill. Pretty damn simple.
I read that the door illumination only lights up with ignition. Is this true for you too?
I want to figure out how to wire it so it lights up upon headlights activation, like the ambient lighting kit does....
Sponsored

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I read that the door illumination only lights up with ignition. Is this true for you too?
I want to figure out how to wire it so it lights up upon headlights activation, like the ambient lighting kit does....
if you follow the instructions yes the car needs to be on but it activates when you have the headlights, city lights on. so it does work as the ambient does. just not as you open the doors like the ambient does. im sure you could try tapping into different wires than the brown accessory. but this honestly does'nt bother me. they are on at night while driving just like the ambient/consoles are.

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
if you follow the instructions yes the car needs to be on but it activates when you have the headlights, city lights on. so it does work as the ambient does. just not as you open the doors like the ambient does. im sure you could try tapping into different wires than the brown accessory. but this honestly does'nt bother me. they are on at night while driving just like the ambient/consoles are.
Well damn.....now I want the doors to light up when you open the door lmao
I guess I can tie the door lights into whatever powers the ambient and console lights, so that all of them light up when the door opens, and stay on while driving.
Thanks for the info ! I wanna be absolutely sure, before I do all these 30+ page installs at the same time (all 4 doors, ambient, console, and type r door sills).
Speaking of which, if y'all don't hear from me in the next year, you'll understand what happened....:confused::banghead::headbang:

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Slightly embarrassed to mention it but today was the first time I was able to drive to work without a single jerky upshift. What I was never told when learning was that you are supposed to wait a second after changing gears before you let the clutch out. I shifted gears and generally just brought it right up and most of the time it produced a jerk. Probably something I’m missing still but whatever, still proud of my accomplishment. Only took about a year... :oops:

Turn rev match off. Believe it or not rev match has a noticeable affect on upshifts as well, causing a good bit of rev hang. I've noticed that with rev match OFF the rpm's drop significantly faster.

That might suit your driving style better, although you'd have to learn how to heel-toe for track use. But you should be learning that anyway if you're tracking.

Try it out. I bet you'll be able to shift quickly like you do without the jerk.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Turn rev match off. Believe it or not rev match has a noticeable affect on upshifts as well, causing a good bit of rev hang. I've noticed that with rev match OFF the rpm's drop significantly faster.

That might suit your driving style better, although you'd have to learn how to heel-toe for track use. But you should be learning that anyway if you're tracking.

Try it out. I bet you'll be able to shift quickly like you do without the jerk.
My only fear with that is I have become very dependent on the auto rev matching when downshifting so I’m almost definitely get even worse jerks downshifting. I don’t know really how to downshift without revmatching and when I do it myself I always seem to mess it up.

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My only fear with that is I have become very dependent on the auto rev matching when downshifting so I’m almost definitely get even worse jerks downshifting. I don’t know really how to downshift without revmatching and when I do it myself I always seem to mess it up.
And Honda certainly didn't make it any easier. The gas pedal is too far away from the brake pedal for us beginners (me).

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i guess i'm a little ticked there's no glove box light nor is the glove box lined in felt or something. so used to all my cars having lighted lined glove boxes.
no glove box light? what region are you from? I only ask cause my 19 has a glove box light. im in the US

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag

Then I say just practice and adapt your driving style to suit the rev hang. It sounds like you're already getting used to it from your earlier posts. Enjoy the car!

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
And Honda certainly didn't make it any easier. The gas pedal is too far away from the brake pedal for us beginners (me).
So true dude. My first car was a 240sx and I always thought the term "heel toe" was weird because it was more like I was using my toes on the brake and the side of my foot to blip the throttle.

Then I got the CTR. It's like literally heel and toe. The pedals are so far apart.

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So true dude. My first car was a 240sx and I always thought the term "heel toe" was weird because it was more like I was using my toes on the brake and the side of my foot to blip the throttle.

Then I got the CTR. It's like literally heel and toe. The pedals are so far apart.
lmao Yeah, heel and the Big toe

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Totally pointless mod, but apparently the 2019s came with this cover for the capless gas tank. Just snaps into place.

For someone who owns a 2017 (or 2018) and wants to FEEL like they own a 2019 but don't need a volume knob. Lol

P/N: 17666-TGG-A01
Price before shipping: ~$5.00

2019-02-07 05.17.56 1.jpg
2019-02-07 05.17.55 1.jpg
Just ordered mine today. Water in the fuel and/or freezing us not my idea of fun.