m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
We out here making room for big boy tires. It’s really not bad shaving the metal underneath the clip on plastic fender trim to make the room needed for big tires and being lower than the usual swift spring setup. Follow the seam sealer where the pinch welds are and you’re good to go
What tire and wheel specs are you trying to run? Was it difficult removing the plastic flare without breaking any clips?
Sponsored

Baldilocks

First Name
Jacen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Just drove my car today after installing the ADS on Friday, and I must say., Comfort definitely feels like Sports mode when it comes to suspension damper rate. Not sure if anyone else thinks this but now with the LE ADS, Comfort and Sports mode to me feel almost identical on stiffness which i love. R mode you can really feel the stiffness of the damper and valving adjusting to keep that car planted to the ground. Just ordered my Spoon Rigid Collars so eager to see how much better the car feels on all driving modes.
i recently put rigid collars on mine and the difference was very much noticeable

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
What tire and wheel specs are you trying to run? Was it difficult removing the plastic flare without breaking any clips?
I'll be sizing up to a 275/35 RT615k on 18x9.5 +38 Advan GT. Previous tire was the Continental DWS06+ one size down. I was rubbing pretty bad and wore down the paint and metal on the inner metal panel that the over fender trim clips onto. I'm on coilover suspension and lower than the usual spring drop. I would lurk the System motorsport aggressive wheel fitment page to see comparable fitment.

The plastic fender trim was not hard to remove. The clips were flexible and I was able to press them in a little bit before pulling off the trim. You have to unscrew the two screws and pop off the clips to the rear bumper to reveal two screws that secures the fender trim to the panel. The 3m sticky tape is strong when pulling off the trim piece.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'll be sizing up to a 275/35 RT615k on 18x9.5 +38 Advan GT. Previous tire was the Continental DWS06+ one size down. I was rubbing pretty bad and wore down the paint and metal on the inner metal panel that the over fender trim clips onto. I'm on coilover suspension and lower than the usual spring drop. I would lurk the System motorsport aggressive wheel fitment page to see comparable fitment.

The plastic fender trim was not hard to remove. The clips were flexible and I was able to press them in a little bit before pulling off the trim. You have to unscrew the two screws and pop off the clips to the rear bumper to reveal two screws that secures the fender trim to the panel. The 3m sticky tape is strong when pulling off the trim piece.
Thanks. So 265/35 was rubbing? Must be a pretty wide tire tread. Oh and the low drop is probably what really did it

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
Hell to the na na na. Thats why i live in AZ. Talking about its 118 degress in summer but beats the hell out of its a warm 10 degrees out.
Yep. Four real Seasons up North is nice, but after being in AZ for 8 years after 48 in MT, I have no regrets.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i love the 4 seasons, it's the corrosion caused by salt I don't like. Snow with the right car/tires is no problem. I was in the Poconos for 5 years and loved it there. But, mountain roads and salt and snow and going thru tires, rotors, and brake pads quite a bit more than here in FL is a difference I've noticed. Mountain roads with no curbs and black ice is kind of sketch-at night.

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag
@MadMage
Fun fact , i see your in AZ and your gonna be able to understand this better than anyone else and chuckle over this
So its October and in California
Me and my wife are cuddled up in very very warm clothing and here comes over her cousin and family. I answered the door to see their whole family wearing shorts, shivering, and studdering their speech from the absolute cold and wind. I was like wtf are you guys wearing? His response is "its frigging beautiful weather in AZ and we figured it would only be a little colder out here."
Now that i lived in AZ for 5 years I too see what he means

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
So I'm facing a bit of a quandry.

The LE ADS Module I bought still hasn't shipped from oempartsonline.com (whom I've used before).... but I still saved $15, right? ...right?

While I've been waiting it got me to thinking about what RepyT was saying. I'm not as young as I used to be, and I REALLY like the way my Type-R drives. R mode is stiff for autocross or when I'm feeling froggy, Comfort mode is for long road trips where I'm mentally on autopilot, and sport fits right in the middle for most of my daily driving.

In June I'll be taking a long (4000+ mile) road trip around the country with the wife in my CTR, and I'm wondering now if switching to the LE ADS is a good thing or not.

Heck, I already have a set of Perrin rear motor mount inserts I haven't put in becuase I talked myself out of doing so for fear of the additional NVH. If I get the LE ADS, it might end up on the same shelf.

As a result, the long delay may be a blessing in disguise. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'm leaning towards cancelling the order.

On a related note, I'd read that the LE had different part numbers for the suspension springs than those of the standard FK8, and I was concerned that it might cause undue stress on the shocks.

However, after looking at the actual differences in the part numbers I'm less worried about that now. The Standard vs LE springs all have the same main part numbers, just the last parts are different. In my (admittedly limited) experience with Honda parts, that last part (A01, A02, A11, etc) generally seems to just be the revision number of the part. Doing some spot checking on the internet seems to confirm this.

Description
2017-2021 Part Number
21 LE Part Number
SPRING, R. FR.51401-TGH-A0251401-TGH-A11
SPRING, L. FR.51406-TGH-A0251406-TGH-A11
SPRING, RR.52441-TGH-A0152441-TGH-A11

As a result, that didn't turn out to be the problem I was afraid it might have been. As I said though, my concerns are now about the LE ADS's resulting stiffness in general. I don't suppose any of the folks that got an LE ADS module are going to be going to the CivicX+ Tail of the Dragon event are they? I'd love to be able to ride in one of the cars with the LE ADS module to see the difference first hand.

Oh, and so that I'm not entirely off topic in this thread, I finally purchased a set of Paragon front and 350mm rear rotors and P3 pads, which should be here in a couple days. I jumped while they were on sale - they weren't as cheap as the group buy price last year(?), but I didn't have the funds back then, and with the special they're running they're the cheapest I've seen them for outside of that group buy.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? paragon

I also purchased a set of rear brake caliper bushings to even out rear pad wear, which is a problem I noticed last time I changed the rear brakes. I didn't even know these shims existed before yesterday.

-bob

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
So I'm facing a bit of a quandry.

The LE ADS Module I bought still hasn't shipped from oempartsonline.com (whom I've used before).... but I still saved $15, right? ...right?

While I've been waiting it got me to thinking about what RepyT was saying. I'm not as young as I used to be, and I REALLY like the way my Type-R drives. R mode is stiff for autocross or when I'm feeling froggy, Comfort mode is for long road trips where I'm mentally on autopilot, and sport fits right in the middle for most of my daily driving.

In June I'll be taking a long (4000+ mile) road trip around the country with the wife in my CTR, and I'm wondering now if switching to the LE ADS is a good thing or not.

Heck, I already have a set of Perrin rear motor mount inserts I haven't put in becuase I talked myself out of doing so for fear of the additional NVH. If I get the LE ADS, it might end up on the same shelf.

As a result, the long delay may be a blessing in disguise. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'm leaning towards cancelling the order.

On a related note, I'd read that the LE had different part numbers for the suspension springs than those of the standard FK8, and I was concerned that it might cause undue stress on the shocks.

However, after looking at the actual differences in the part numbers I'm less worried about that now. The Standard vs LE springs all have the same main part numbers, just the last parts are different. In my (admittedly limited) experience with Honda parts, that last part (A01, A02, A11, etc) generally seems to just be the revision number of the part. Doing some spot checking on the internet seems to confirm this.

Description
2017-2021 Part Number
21 LE Part Number
SPRING, R. FR.51401-TGH-A0251401-TGH-A11
SPRING, L. FR.51406-TGH-A0251406-TGH-A11
SPRING, RR.52441-TGH-A0152441-TGH-A11

As a result, that didn't turn out to be the problem I was afraid it might have been. As I said though, my concerns are now about the LE ADS's resulting stiffness in general. I don't suppose any of the folks that got an LE ADS module are going to be going to the CivicX+ Tail of the Dragon event are they? I'd love to be able to ride in one of the cars with the LE ADS module to see the difference first hand.

Oh, and so that I'm not entirely off topic in this thread, I finally purchased a set of Paragon front and 350mm rear rotors and P3 pads, which should be here in a couple days. I jumped while they were on sale - they weren't as cheap as the group buy price last year(?), but I didn't have the funds back then, and with the special they're running they're the cheapest I've seen them for outside of that group buy.

paragon.jpg

I also purchased a set of rear brake caliper bushings to even out rear pad wear, which is a problem I noticed last time I changed the rear brakes. I didn't even know these shims existed before yesterday.

-bob
For the ADS module I look at it like this - It's easy to plug / unplug. I'm just looking at gaining three new modes. I may find the R+ is too harsh for everyday and simply keep the ADS for track days. Heck you could swap it out at the track. So I def get what you're saying but if you ever do go full send, then this is a cheap way to maximize that hooning.

Don't talk yourself out of it lol. I am putting mine on soon but this is the thought behind it with me. If it's too harsh for my wife to ride with it, it'll be track only and I'm good with that. Hope yours ships soon!