Boomstick1832

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2015 Honda Civic
Country flag
I banged my head against a wall and will continue to.
My car has been getting a lot of work done at a very reputable shop. ( G25-660 kit, Complete fuel system upgrade, clutch/flywheel upgrade, motor mounts, new intercooler, and a few other things.

I ordered my G25 kit from a well known company on here with nothing but QC nightmares that have cost me over $1800 to fix so far. ( Improper fitment, misaligned threads, piping that doesn't fit )

I ordered my clutch and flywheel from another really really well known company on here.
The box had the correct part # for a Clutch Masters FX450 FK8 clutch.....with an SI clutch inside.

Needing to keep the build going I had to buy another kit and have it overnighted to the shop.

Contacted the " company " about being sent the wrong stuff and asked how can I get a refund since I had to fork over an additional $1300 for the correct clutch kit.
So far have received half-@** response that they simply order from the manufacturer (Clutch Masters ) and that they don't keep that item in stock.
I explained that I understand that, but I purchased the item from them.. so they need to help me figure out the refund process or they shouldn't be "selling" that companies stuff.
I was asked to send pictures to verify the part was wrong and even Clutch Masters confirmed they sent the wrong part.
Absolutely no word or response from this " company " and I'm incredibly mad and disappointed since they are very well known on here.

I'm really trying hard to let these companies do the right thing before I start throwing their names out there.
But the Turbo kit was over 6k and the level of quality issues is disappointing.
The other company I forked over more and 4k in other parts ( pistons, rods, cams, valves, engine studs ) in the order not just the clutch and they absolutely don't seem to care.

I will be posting emails, texts, lack of responses and pictures of all of the issues.
I really hope they do the right thing and help.

The turbo kit I don't want a refund or any handouts, I just think its absolutely crazy how much I have had to spend to fix their issues.

The other company I'm a little less understanding with.
I was sent the wrong thing. I was forced to purchase the right thing. I contact the company for help or a solution and I get the run around and now silence. ( Won't respond to my emails )

I just want to keep other people from making my mistakes.
I think about people who have to save up for this crap and can't afford to pay to fix these issues.
That these companies are more than happy to sell you everything under the sun but absolutely won't help you if there is an issue.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I banged my head against a wall and will continue to.
My car has been getting a lot of work done at a very reputable shop. ( G25-660 kit, Complete fuel system upgrade, clutch/flywheel upgrade, motor mounts, new intercooler, and a few other things.

I ordered my G25 kit from a well known company on here with nothing but QC nightmares that have cost me over $1800 to fix so far. ( Improper fitment, misaligned threads, piping that doesn't fit )

I ordered my clutch and flywheel from another really really well known company on here.
The box had the correct part # for a Clutch Masters FX450 FK8 clutch.....with an SI clutch inside.

Needing to keep the build going I had to buy another kit and have it overnighted to the shop.

Contacted the " company " about being sent the wrong stuff and asked how can I get a refund since I had to fork over an additional $1300 for the correct clutch kit.
So far have received half-@** response that they simply order from the manufacturer (Clutch Masters ) and that they don't keep that item in stock.
I explained that I understand that, but I purchased the item from them.. so they need to help me figure out the refund process or they shouldn't be "selling" that companies stuff.
I was asked to send pictures to verify the part was wrong and even Clutch Masters confirmed they sent the wrong part.
Absolutely no word or response from this " company " and I'm incredibly mad and disappointed since they are very well known on here.

I'm really trying hard to let these companies do the right thing before I start throwing their names out there.
But the Turbo kit was over 6k and the level of quality issues is disappointing.
The other company I forked over more and 4k in other parts ( pistons, rods, cams, valves, engine studs ) in the order not just the clutch and they absolutely don't seem to care.

I will be posting emails, texts, lack of responses and pictures of all of the issues.
I really hope they do the right thing and help.

The turbo kit I don't want a refund or any handouts, I just think its absolutely crazy how much I have had to spend to fix their issues.

The other company I'm a little less understanding with.
I was sent the wrong thing. I was forced to purchase the right thing. I contact the company for help or a solution and I get the run around and now silence. ( Won't respond to my emails )

I just want to keep other people from making my mistakes.
I think about people who have to save up for this crap and can't afford to pay to fix these issues.
That these companies are more than happy to sell you everything under the sun but absolutely won't help you if there is an issue.
Contact and refund should be through the clutch retailer you bought the R one that turned out to be Si.

They’re trying to say not our problem, it’s Clutch Masters. With due respect to both, that’s not how sales work to pass the buck to OEM. You’re clearly owed a full refund (and possibly return shipping) for this vendor error. Just because you received wrong part doesn’t make it your responsibility to contact CM. It should be completely transparent to you. If once elevated you get same lack action, contact your credit card company used for the initial purchase. If you used PayPal they’ll assist and likely refund you full purchase price once error verified, sometimes without regard for what the seller wants to do to disposition the errant part. Good luck, sorry for the agony. I understand your hesitance to share selling company and I suspect who but sharing might help others beware of their methods, after your situation is resolved of course.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
It's the maxed out one with ceramic brakes and all other bells and whistles MSRP 72k. Yes there was an ADM, no I didn't care - it's the state of things and the car is a treat and the ADM wasn't crazy like 15-20k etc.. And after seeing the beast green in person it slid into the must have list. At least it was a ton cheaper than an X5 M50i we looked at so all things considered -a deal lol.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's the maxed out one with ceramic brakes and all other bells and whistles MSRP 72k. Yes there was an ADM, no I didn't care - it's the state of things and the car is a treat and the ADM wasn't crazy like 15-20k etc.. And after seeing the beast green in person it slid into the must have list. At least it was a ton cheaper than an X5 M50i we looked at so all things considered -a deal lol.
Thx for sharing. Beautiful car!

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Last edited:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not to bash our replacement but WTF is up with the R badge? I guess if you lose your identity from the other Gen-11 bars of soap you need a new way to stand out.

To me it ooks like someone designed a new badge and copy & pasted the car, then added wing, “We finish by runch time rike I tewl you.”
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 0A3EC052-D163-4474-8D68-CF2CE4696F15

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Not to bash our replacement but WTF is up with the R badge? I guess if you lose your identity from the other Gen-11 bars of soap you need a new way to stand out.

0A3EC052-D163-4474-8D68-CF2CE4696F15.jpeg
I’m sure that won’t be the legit emblem, looks like part of the camo wrap. It should be off to the right like usual Is my bet and that will be the normal H. You can actually see the legit R emblem on the right of the grill.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m sure that won’t be the legit emblem, looks like part of the camo wrap. It should be off to the right like usual Is my bet and that will be the normal H. You can actually see the legit R emblem on the right of the grill.
That other subtle R stands for Redundant, Really-boring, Rongd-design. I’m not a hater but this is just stupid if R emblem XI legit.

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

To me it ooks like someone designed a new badge and copy & pasted the car, then added wing, “We finish by runch time rike I tewl you.”
0A3EC052-D163-4474-8D68-CF2CE4696F15.jpeg
that’s part of the Camo, Honda has kept the Red “R” emblem since the first TypeR ever introduced which was the NSX TypeR back in the 91-91, then later Followed by the Integra TypeR in 95., doubt they’ll change it. Its Iconic.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Thx for sharing. Beautiful car!
I will say after some wheel time I still love the Type R 'more'. The RS3 is fantastic, but it's fast luxury so it's a bit softer here and there which is great - but the Type R is just a bit better - some element of it being manual - the rest just how the car feels, but it's trying for a different 'thing' if that makes sense. Will be interesting to see how the RS3 feels when we can finally punch it though. Should scream!