First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It loads the audio control software but hangs afterward. It can happen without any input from me and occurs regardless of iPhone connection. I haven’t joined my phone to BT and only connect via USB. Phone is running iOS 14.8.
Read this whole thread.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/infotainment-failure.59729/

Talks about the main chassis ground. I went and did the sanding and it helped a lot. That, plus not plugging in the phone until the head unit is loaded up, has led to zero failures from me. I may or may not have punched the head unit once out of rage from this issue, so I understand the frustration.
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So back in August my infotainment screen goes black, stays black, no buttons work, etc...

Aug 7th: take to dealer (takes 4 hours), says it needs a wiring harness, should be in next week

Aug 14th: take to dealer (takes 4 hours), says wiring harness didn't work, orders new radio "it should be here next week"

Aug 27th: call dealer, don't have it yet

Sept 8th: call dealer, don't have it yet...and don't know ETA (I asked multiple people over the phone)

Sept 23rd: I go up to the dealer & talk to the Parts Dept Manager. He ups the order to urgent, tells me he needs to call Honda to find an ETA...cant do it today since it was so late

Sept 24th: Guy calls & says ETA is 10/15

So yea, part shortages are stupid right now for obvious reasons...i just wish somebody would make an aftermarket head unit that's compatible with the Type R
24Sep21 (retired mil): Stopped by Honda dealer to ask if any TSBs exist for daily screen blackouts using ACP. Service writer said nothing except one for Bluetooth dropout, not it. He suggested hard reset, tried that. Also suggested disco battery and short cables together for about 15 minutes, been there done that.

Usually every day or second day, ACP OK first couple minutes then goes black. I have routine worked out that resets it so it works while driving, just takes 5-7 minutes without Infotainment:

1. In soon as screen blacks out, hold power knob down by pushing in until prompted to reboot, select YES
2. Unplug iPhone (X-Max here) from lightning cord, restart it, enter code so can unlock
3. Restart HU again after rebooted and display ready. If you don’t do this phone may not connect via lightning cord to ACP.
4. Connect unlocked phone to cord, ACP should work now. This procedure works consistently for me, hopefully helps other too even though it’s a PITA.
??

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today:

Race Chip removed (my R was prototype). Still great non-tuner power increase system.

In goes Hondata Flash Pro with Phearable2 tune by John Vega.

W

O

W

!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today:

Race Chip removed (my R was prototype). Still great non-tuner power increase system.

In goes Hondata Flash Pro with Phearable2 tune by John Vega.

W

O

W

!
I agree....I too went from a piggyback to a tuned Hondata last year and the car became awesome. So smooth and also all the other additional functions of Hondata like starting in R mode made it all so worth it. Anybody on the fence about Hondata just do it. I was tuned by @kefi though and have had nothing but smiles since. Welcome to the dark side brother Dave...

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree....I too went from a piggyback to a tuned Hondata last year and the car became awesome. So smooth and also all the other additional functions of Hondata like starting in R mode made it all so worth it. Anybody on the fence about Hondata just do it. I was tuned by @kefi though and have had nothing but smiles since. Welcome to the dark side brother Dave...
Thanks!
Phearable2 got my attention like a shiny metal flake boat at Bass Pro, check out these features in picture, some I have yet to try like FTFShifting (cheating?). Exceeds Hondata base maps by 25%. Surely Kefi, Derf, or many others could do same but the concept of a tailored custom-like tune selected based on my FBOs that performs this well blows me away, traction tremendously improved, like 1/2 previous spin.

The only feature I miss from RC thus far is using any 3 of 7 tunes changed by app instantly on the fly.

Phearable sort of does that by mode:

“Comfort mode functions as it does stock, Sport mode increases power output at partial and full throttle, R mode increases power output at partial throttle and retains the same wide open throttle power output as Sport mode.”

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DCDD0293-28C8-4497-87B0-52C377C74504

Last edited:

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
late post but im just about track ready now. all i need/want are some 18s and sticky tires. currently on 19s with all seasons.

anyway all this went on:

paragon rotors (front)
stoptech rotors (rear)
project mu hyper carbon+ pads (f&r)
goodridge SS brake lines
endless rf650 brake fluid

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 9775C2F8-0BA2-449A-8A5D-F86728E77516

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? A937C854-49DA-4BB6-9B47-7659012D2F73

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Got around to installing a pedal spacer. Always hated the fact that auto-rev match doesn't work under 2K rpm. Disabled it and I'll just heel/toe myself from now on.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got around to installing a pedal spacer. Always hated the fact that auto-rev match doesn't work under 2K rpm. Disabled it and I'll just heel/toe myself from now on.
Anyone know if there’s a Hondata setting to extend rev match to lower RPMs?

I’m new too it but you can change lots, Phearable2 tune (locked) raises max launch rpm to 4,000 and redline to 7,200.

There are probably differences between user selectable menu settings and those used by tuning pros.