MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Did an autocross event in a monsoon today. The rain was so intense they didn’t actually bother timing anyone. Just turned it into an exhibition event rather than cancelling. My car actually did better on the RE-71’s during the event than during the drive down. Those tires are NOT meant for highway speeds in heavy rain. That was a white knuckle drive.
In case you've never tried, you can fit an entire set of tires in the back. Along with a floor jack, torque wrench and a cordless impact driver. I use a couple of U-Haul blankets to keep the car clean while doing so.
Sponsored

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed the perrin rear motor mount inserts last night. Haven't decided if I like them or not. For basically what is a commuter car, it's kinda annoying but when I am moving, it does feel nice

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Just installed the perrin rear motor mount inserts last night. Haven't decided if I like them or not. For basically what is a commuter car, it's kinda annoying but when I am moving, it does feel nice
You shouldn't be experiencing excessive NVH's honestly - just some vibration if AC on and stopped. Is that your experience?

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You shouldn't be experiencing excessive NVH's honestly - just some vibration if AC on and stopped. Is that your experience?
It's just at that specific rpm at 800-900 where it seems excessive. That is with A/C. But I'll give it a few weeks before I decide anything further.

Might try to do that thing with the tuner to set idle to 1000

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
It's just at that specific rpm at 800-900 where it seems excessive. That is with A/C. But I'll give it a few weeks before I decide anything further.

That would def fix it if it's annoying - I got used to it pretty quickly but if you hate it not the worst thing to remove to go back to stock. Hope you like it though! One of my fav things I did to my 19 and about to do to my 21

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Mine is going in the shop tomorrow for a leak in the AC condenser and the hose. Gotta love warranty work lol

vandalous

First Name
Vandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm at the dealership to install the carbon fiber accessories and fix/replace the constantly-rebooting head unit. I picked up this car a week ago and the HU is already hosed lol

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm at the dealership to install the carbon fiber accessories and fix/replace the constantly-rebooting head unit. I picked up this car a week ago and the HU is already hosed lol
Just curious, what aspect of the HU is constantly rebooting? the system-level OS itself or your Android Auto/CarPlay?

vandalous

First Name
Vandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious, what aspect of the HU is constantly rebooting? the system-level OS itself or your Android Auto/CarPlay?
It loads the audio control software but hangs afterward. It can happen without any input from me and occurs regardless of iPhone connection. I haven’t joined my phone to BT and only connect via USB. Phone is running iOS 14.8.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

See if your slight vibe seems to only be noticeable at idle with A/C on. Even in NW FL I seldom use anything but 4-down cooling unless raining. I feel slight increase with air on but not from cold start, only warm so it must find that resonating freq. All other RPMs aren’t harsh yet it still does decent job of controlling wheel hop from digs. I’m quite happy with this no harshness insert as I believe it’s better than just OEM overall without any severe vibe or harshness of full RMM replacements in street or race variants. Sure, it’s easy to get used to any mod like that but this Perrin insert seems good middle ground. It should be even smoother once Hondata and Phearable2 tune provide better traction controls, Flash Pro came today.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It loads the audio control software but hangs afterward. It can happen without any input from me and occurs regardless of iPhone connection. I haven’t joined my phone to BT and only connect via USB. Phone is running iOS 14.8.
Typical, bet the fingerpointing exercise begins.
Mine does this once every day/every other day, no fix, no HU swap attempted by Honda, Apples problem. Apple response… crickets.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Not today but a couple of days ago, I changed out my spark plugs. Looks pretty normal for 55K miles. Daily driven year round, custom tuned on 93 octane with a drop in filter, inlet pipe, intercooler, and exhaust.

Honestly looks like I did not have to change em, the new spark plugs from Honda were not cheap lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PXL_20210920_200651398
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PXL_20210920_200736006
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PXL_20210920_201003506