What did you do to your Type R today?

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Installed wide angle side mirrors. Bought the ones that are heated. Will probably wire it up over the winter when I redo the wiring. Fuse box is a mess right now with 3 add-a-ciruit.

Planning on adding a fuse block running directly from the battery and making it switched via a relay.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Cruising around this morning and this Tesla Model 3 wanted a piece of the Type R.
Hey, I've been struggling to find a good view from my rear camera. Looks like you found a really good one. Would you mind posting some pictures of how you have it placed? Going to be moving mine this weekend or next.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Cruising around this morning and this Tesla Model 3 wanted a piece of the Type R.
Lool look at him completely over driving his appliance. That thing was getting scary at easy transitions! Family car needs to family car regardless of it's golf cart zip to 30mph.

Tesla's are so boring and overhyped.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey, I've been struggling to find a good view from my rear camera. Looks like you found a really good one. Would you mind posting some pictures of how you have it placed? Going to be moving mine this weekend or next.
What I did was place a long piece of masking tape from the shark fin antenna down to the window on the outside. Once on the inside, I cetered the camera lens with the piece of tape, and placed the camera about an inch down from the top edge of the window. I will see if I can snap a pic.

Lool look at him completely over driving his appliance. That thing was getting scary at easy transitions! Family car needs to family car regardless of it's golf cart zip to 30mph.

I am not the best driver by any means but you can definetely tell the person driving the Tesla did not have the best lines or driver mod lol. The heavy curb weight of the Tesla did not seem to help either. At the 1:06 mark, you can see how unsettling the Tesla got after the bump in the road.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
What I did was place a long piece of masking tape from the shark fin antenna down to the window on the outside. Once on the inside, I cetered the camera lens with the piece of tape, and placed the camera about an inch down from the top edge of the window. I will see if I can snap a pic.

I am not the best driver by any means but you can definetely tell the person driving the Tesla did not have the best lines or driver mod lol. The heavy curb weight of the Tesla did not seem to help either. At the 1:06 mark, you can see how unsettling the Tesla got after the bump in the road.
zero surprise even with a skilled driver it's just a family car with some zip and a ridiculously sized iPad glaring at you from the entire center console. LOL

Good on you settling them down and getting them back to reality (in second place)

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag

That’s probably more the driver than the car. The model 3 has won B street nationals in SCCA autocross at least twice that I’m aware of. It’s quite capable in the right hands.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Did an autocross event in a monsoon today. The rain was so intense they didn’t actually bother timing anyone. Just turned it into an exhibition event rather than cancelling. My car actually did better on the RE-71’s during the event than during the drive down. Those tires are NOT meant for highway speeds in heavy rain. That was a white knuckle drive.