First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Zombie,
I live 15 miles from their USA HQ here in Florida panhandle so I got mine direct.

it has been publicly available for about four months either direct online or affiliate vendors.

This is a great option for those who want strap on performance gains without warranty issues since OEM ECU is not jailbroken.

Currently RC doesn’t have the tools or versatility of specialty tune systems like Hondata & K-tuner. That won’t change but tunes that work with FBO (and partial, for PRL items) willbe developed as I go FBO end of this month. The tunes used can be pushed to all or specific serial numbers.

Again, as a piggyback (OBD2 not occupied) it’s probably best for the casual power increase vs serious tuner. You get to pick 3 (Eco/Sport/Race) of 7 tunes available and can switch between them via phone app (or directly on the RC ECU under hood) at anytime except under acceleration. You can select a warm-up timer. Unlike car modes that are separate, RC ECU keeps last mode selected after restart.
I’ve never had any problems or CEL so far, buddy in NY has after PRL HVI and they’ll be working on duplicating and resolving that next week.

Although RC claims a conservative 51 WHP gain, I got 81 (70s F, 93 octane, sea level).

They just released the Accord Sport 2.0T version too and my buddy has it, about to go FBO (using R turbo) so we may turn out to have similar gains FBO).

Please see my reply to Volksparts for publicity details and PM for any other aspects/questions. I’m not paid to endorse but was an incidental happy customer with a stock R for modding back in Feb 2020 they used for R & D.

17-21 Race Chip CTR

EBDD2B95-EB76-4659-9BFA-3E1A04423827.jpeg

<snip>
That's a very smoothed out dyno plot, would it be possible to see a raw dyno plot? I know the last time someone posted a dyno plot of a piggyback (JB4) it didn't look all that smooth; looked worse than what was shown on JB4's site actually.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they were actually still being made I possibly would've went with them instead of my te37sl's. Such a great looking wheel.
Actually Race Chip has been available for the Type R at least four months now. The frustrating part for me is that track promo and install videos shot in Feb/Mar have yet to be edited and approved, then released by corporate HQ in Germany.

im excited to see how things turn out FBO and the resultant updated tunes as I’ll get re-dyno’d and retuned right after install.

This isn’t special, it’s just a piggyback solution for non-tuners like me that don’t want to have to become tuners to enjoy power gains, even FBO, without obvious warranty impact.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a very smoothed out dyno plot, would it be possible to see a raw dyno plot? I know the last time someone posted a dyno plot of a piggyback (JB4) it didn't look all that smooth; looked worse than what was shown on JB4's site actually.
That’s all I have, witnessed dozens of runs, all smooth and massaged by RC guru.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also should be noted that the Racechip uses 4 different sensors under the hood as opposed to the other piggyback solutions

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bought it awhile ago and just got time to install it. Fitment is not thr best, lots of grinding and sanding to make it fit, took me alot of hours to fit it in but outcome is amazing.

Should I keep the red pinstripe stripe or remove???

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210703_174617

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210703_174531

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210628_164307~3

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210629_190933

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210629_190944

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210703_174552

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210703_174601

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210710_211000

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210710_210952

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R, 08 Z71, 2019 Traverse Redline, 2011 Ruckus GY6 150
Country flag
Actually Race Chip has been available for the Type R at least four months now. The frustrating part for me is that track promo and install videos shot in Feb/Mar have yet to be edited and approved, then released by corporate HQ in Germany.

im excited to see how things turn out FBO and the resultant updated tunes as I’ll get re-dyno’d and retuned right after install.

This isn’t special, it’s just a piggyback solution for non-tuners like me that don’t want to have to become tuners to enjoy power gains, even FBO, without obvious warranty impact.
Thats why im somewhat interested... my dealer gave me warranty forever.... but again its a Honda, this is like my 4th civic, and ive never had any issues before...for the price, im leaning towards a Flashpro for all the customization it offers over a piggybqck

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also should be noted that the Racechip uses 4 different sensors under the hood as opposed to the other piggyback solutions
Roger that, the camshaft being one of those, it’s monitored not controlled. ?

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
Installed the Whiteline rear motor mount bushing, disabled the fake engine sound, and installed the Sequence catback this weekend. The bushing was not too hard since I had the undertrays off for the exhaust swap and unplugging the fake sound box was super easy.

With regard to the catback, it is such a beautiful piece and I am even more impressed with it now that I have driven the car with it installed and no fake noise. Doing a catback on this car in your garage by yourself, on your back, is not too much fun, though!

The Whiteline bushing really has no drawbacks. It definitely firmed up the high rpm shifting and there is only a very minor increase in NVH sometimes at idle but, to be fair, I was driving around with the radio off and the AC on trying to listen for any vibrations or rattles. Most people would never notice it and if the radio had been on, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have noticed.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Painted switch covers so they match better, still not perfect but in the STHU range.

Be RED or be…dea… AHEM, some other color you like more.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 2768E6E6-66E4-4D73-93E7-24FE95415B98
Sponsored