What did you do to your Type R today?

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I finally ordered forged wheels. I’ve been all over the place and almost ordered TE37’s, RSR’s, and Titan7’s in the past. Finally settled on 19X9.5+45 Titan7 TS5’s in satin titanium. I haven‘t ordered tires yet. I still have 3-4k left on the OEM tires before I need to make a decision. I’m thinking either AS4 or PS4S.
Sponsored

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
YOH! Filled it up with E25 =) Someone was taking a picture of it as I was uh fill'n and complemented me on the car! Where did I go after that...? Back in the garage with the tire clamps back on! Car was almost stolen right from my driveway!

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
I finally ordered forged wheels. I’ve been all over the place and almost ordered TE37’s, RSR’s, and Titan7’s in the past. Finally settled on 19X9.5+45 Titan7 TS5’s in satin titanium. I haven‘t ordered tires yet. I still have 3-4k left on the OEM tires before I need to make a decision. I’m thinking either AS4 or PS4S.
im runnin a 255/35/19 on wheels same spec as yours. next time around i might go 265's.
it gets cold where im at, so i went with these:

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/tires/g-force-comp-2-a-s-plus

i like em, and while the grip/confidence isnt the same as stock tires, theyre still really good.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha I did the same thing. Not sure if it really helps or not. I just wanted something to spend money on. I didn't hear any wind noise after install....but not sure if I had any noise before since I do not daily my car....hmmm. report back with how you feel about them.
So after a few errands, some on highway my AF damaged ears couldn’t tell much difference with door gasket.

So to be scientific, used my audio meter to measure sound at top of inside drivers door jam with gasket installed, then without. It is sensitive to where you hold it and angle too but there was only a 1 to 2 db less wind noise with this seal. Note that -3 db is half power, + 3 db double.

I got it primarily to measure exhaust (AWE Touring to Track conversion next month, also handy for making family members aware). Here’s a decent one that is pretty cheap and works well for $23:

Decibel Meter on Amazon

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
I got Xpel PPF installed on the front bumper today, as well as the mirror caps. Both of these areas took the most rock chip damage on my 2019 CTR after putting 18k miles on it. I’ve spotted a few blemishes in the film but since it hasn’t been on the car but a few hours, I’ll give it a week or two before I worry about it. Overall I think it looks great and can’t notice it at all.

83717B78-E30E-4713-8133-82E7BB59C5FC.jpeg
Nice! So just bumper & not hood or fenders?
I went for full front on my 2021 after seeing what my 2018 went through.
Also have xpel & love it! Ceramic coating whole car after PPF was icing on the cake! Now I blow dry my car… lol

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
So just bumper & not hood or fenders?
Exactly, bumper and mirror caps only, I do have to go back to get the grill and Honda badge PPF'd though, they didn't know I expected that done in the bumper job.

I left the fenders and hood alone. On my 2019 CTR, that majority of chips I took were on the bumper and mirror caps, my hood held up really well. Due to COVID, I work from home permanently, I drive way less compared to the mileage I put on my 2019 CTR, so I'm taking the risk and leaving PPF off my bumper.

Still a $1k job though, brutal what these shops charge! I plan to get Ceramic Coating from a shop in Tampa next time I make it across the state.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Exactly, bumper and mirror caps only, I do have to go back to get the grill and Honda badge PPF'd though, they didn't know I expected that done in the bumper job.

I left the fenders and hood alone. On my 2019 CTR, that majority of chips I took were on the bumper and mirror caps, my hood held up really well. Due to COVID, I work from home permanently, I drive way less compared to the mileage I put on my 2019 CTR, so I'm taking the risk and leaving PPF off my bumper.

Still a $1k job though, brutal what these shops charge! I plan to get Ceramic Coating from a shop in Tampa next time I make it across the state.
Indeed… mine was close to $2k for the full front & another grand for the xpel ceramic coating..

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
Damn, that sucks. I left the factory hose clamp on that piece (on both ends) and while it was a total pain in the ass, I did eventually get them on there.
Being a TRUE co-modder, I have to say that this is a LOT of money and effort to go through for ONLY vanity!
Wishing all to do as they please but considering where the attention, labor and money is spent is how I have to do my shit.

Best wishes Alpha!
Sponsored