Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok I just had my side skirt and two passenger doors replaced (because no one does body work-they just change parts) and I got no "delay/shipment issues from the body shop. So I suppose the parts are available - at least mine were.
Sponsored

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Ok I just had my side skirt and two passenger doors replaced (because no one does body work-they just change parts) and I got no "delay/shipment issues from the body shop. So I suppose the parts are available - at least mine were.
Fingers crossed. I'm going to reach out to Honda on my lunch break and see what they say.

Shifty67

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2018 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
Damage 1.jpg
Damage 2.jpg
Damage 3.jpg

...Shitty start to this fuckin day. Got to work early, did a walk around and boom this is the first thing I see. Someone clipped my car and didn't even leave a note. Can any tell me or give me an idea on how much this will cost to be replaced? Lip is cracked and as you can see bumper too. Smh..
Super unfortunate! I hope it all works out wether you fix it, or just replace the whole thing.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Called Honda during my lunch break. They told me they have the front bumper but not the lip. Lip is on back order with an ETA of next month and subject to change. Had them email me the PN # and price for both parts. They quoted me $393 for the front lip and $487 for the front bumper, is that a normal price? or can I find both the parts cheaper at like a body shop?

This fucking sucks cause I was saving up for Spoon springs too. Smh

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Called Honda during my lunch break. They told me they have the front bumper but not the lip. Lip is on back order with an ETA of next month and subject to change. Had them email me the PN # and price for both parts. They quoted me $393 for the front lip and $487 for the front bumper, is that a normal price? or can I find both the parts cheaper at like a body shop?

well my doors were about 200+ more at the body shop than straight out buying them from Honda.
I checked the part numbers on the quote on google say at a Honda parts/dealer site.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Using some commercially available cyber tools, I came up wit 17,493 donor Type R candidates by IP address that equates to exact location based on Civic-X users, including mine.

Just kidding!
It’s more.
I need a bigger drop in turbo. Can you find me a donor that is within a couple of miles? Not @Project-09373, he's a good guy.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag

Respectfully, if you want dealer parts, this is what you're gonna pay. You could go to a discount parts place and maybe save a little. idk. Given the price, you might be looking at unpainted parts.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

might want to speak to your insurance company and check on your policy regarding hit and run (and how it'll affect your premiums also). The painting of the bumper is gonna be a few hundred on top of the cost for those parts since the bumper comes unpainted.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Respectfully, if you want dealer parts, this is what you're gonna pay. You could go to a discount parts place and maybe save a little. idk. Given the price, you might be looking at unpainted parts.
You right. I'm all about quality of quantity just wasn't sure if there was a better option. And I pray to God I hope the parts Honda quoted me for a painted already lol. (I'll be sure to ask when I reach back out to them.) Thanks for the input

well my doors were about 200+ more at the body shop than straight out buying them from Honda.
I checked the part numbers on the quote on google say at a Honda parts/dealer site.
Guess I can take the PNs over to a body shop and see what they say.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
might want to speak to your insurance company and check on your policy regarding hit and run. The painting of the bumper is gonna be a few hundred on top of the cost for those parts since the bumper comes unpainted.
fuck. lol day just gets better and better

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gents, Keep in mind…
Who says X’s insurance company will pay for new OEM parts? Many of them even for warranty extension repairs (separate subject and insurance policy) or accident damage only pay for used or aftermarket parts if available. Customer can opt for OEM but gets bill for the diff. Hope that’s not the case here. If not a ‘frequent claimer’ or accident prone, unlikely this claim would change rates. This aftermarket priority money saving policy is best demonstrated for windshields. Free replacement in Florida, OEM over 2x price for our R. Good luck.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Gents, Keep in mind…
Who says X’s insurance company will pay for new OEM parts? Many of them even for warranty extension repairs (separate subject and insurance policy) or accident damage only pay for used or aftermarket parts if available. Customer can opt for OEM but gets bill for the diff. Hope that’s not the case here. If not a ‘frequent claimer’ or accident prone, unlikely this claim would change rates. This aftermarket priority money saving policy is best demonstrated for windshields. Free replacement in Florida, OEM over 2x price for our R. Good luck.
mine will always use oem parts but i dont know if his will and thats why i said he needs to check with them.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Gents, Keep in mind…
I had this very conversation with the body shop and they said there were no cheap aftermarket knock offs for my doors so they had to use OE. I googled the numbers on my estimate and sure enough they were actual parts from Honda. No pick n pull or salvage parts in the repair.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Gents, Keep in mind…
If there's no appreciable difference in quality, I'm all about aftermarket. For example, my Tacoma's headlight failed. So, I bought a couple of AM pieces. After checking, the assemblies came complete. Just plug them in. About 1/2 the cost of Toyota parts. They were exactly the same, down to the off color plastic used in the turn signals.

That said, please read your insurance policy. If you are having your vehicle repaired, your policy should state what kind of replacement parts you're entitled to. Mine say I can opt for mfg or aftermarket parts.

After the deer incident, I had my R repaired with mfg parts.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If there's no appreciable difference in quality, I'm all about aftermarket. For example, my Tacoma's headlight failed. So, I bought a couple of AM pieces. After checking, the assemblies came complete. Just plug them in. About 1/2 the cost of Toyota parts. They were exactly the same, down to the off color plastic used in the turn signals.

That said, please read your insurance policy. If you are having your vehicle repaired, your policy should state what kind of replacement parts you're entitled to. Mine say I can opt for mfg or aftermarket parts.

After the deer incident, I had my R repaired with mfg parts.
My USAA policy stated "OE parts only on cars up to 2 years old. Older than that must use aftermarket unless customer is willing to pay the difference".
Paraphrasing somewhat in the statement above.
As I said fortunately no aftermarket parts were available. And, the doors were unpainted-body shop said they're all that way.
Sponsored