What did you do to your Type R today?

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not with a dab of epoxy, JB Weld, or smaller dot of Gorilla Glue but that defeats the swap without removing wheel. I glued mine in.
Good luck getting your wheels balanced without paying $200 for center caps.
Sponsored

EPSi2FKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Civic Type R, 2014 Lexus IS350
Country flag
Just got some pictures back from a great track weekend. 1) I don’t remember those cows at all! 2) I was giving that Miata and M4 passes every other session-great drivers. To have them both behind me a the same time was a bit unnerving. But got em by safely. And most importantly, NO OFFS ALL WEEKEND!!!
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_12554 2.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_12156.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_12330.JPG

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good luck getting your wheels balanced without paying $200 for center caps.
True, TSWs came with caps though so I’m good. Capless for track is a sporty look but seems odd for a daily. Better to have separate racing wheels if feasible.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
engine bay looks clean! Aside from what you mentioned is there anything else I need to be mindful of when doing this?
Foam gun ok for soap but switch to a light (cone) mist to rinse without high pressure jet action, just enough water to rinse soap.

Lots under hood water resistant for even rainy ops but are far from waterproof. Critical things like ECU have good seals but why test them?

Recommend not doing wash there too often, the MP (or others) do a decent job of repelling dirt, certainly better than nothing.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
5CEE75DB-B4AD-4FCB-88F7-F6D96FFC8488.jpeg

tfw you refuse to pay what OEM clears go for and these were $40 on amazon / fit great ?
Bro, no joke I just got these and the fit and finish is spot on. Put them on yesterday, and I couldnt be happier. Fuck my unity ones.

Heres a pic of them from yesterday on the car

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? fk8r-0571

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
tfw you refuse to pay what OEM clears go for and these were $40 on amazon / fit great ?
i bought depo clear ones like a month after the car came out on ebay for like $25. Ran them for years till i color matched my markers.

i liked them over the oem clears because the depo ones takes the factory amber design and just makes it clear. The jdm clears are too "altezza" like for me.

Bro, no joke I just got these and the fit and finish is spot on. Put them on yesterday, and I couldnt be happier. Fuck my unity ones.
any reason why you are unhappy with the unity ones? i was debating on those cause i like how it looks similar to porsche clear sidemarkers.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
i bought depo clear ones like a month after the car came out on ebay for like $25. Ran them for years till i color matched my markers.

i liked them over the oem clears because the depo ones takes the factory amber design and just makes it clear. The jdm clears are too "altezza" like for me.

any reason why you are unhappy with the unity ones? i was debating on those cause i like how it looks similar to porsche clear sidemarkers.
The tab that holds it in place to the car wasnt like OEM, it didnt "snap" into place like OEM and when I would drive the sidemarker would start coming out. So id pull up somewhere and the sidemarker is hanging out sideways. If it wasnt for the bulb connection it probably wouldve fallen out.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The tab that holds it in place to the car wasnt like OEM, it didnt "snap" into place like OEM and when I would drive the sidemarker would start coming out. So id pull up somewhere and the sidemarker is hanging out sideways. If it wasnt for the bulb connection it probably wouldve fallen out.
Ahh i see. maybe ill just stick to my color matched and depo clears for now then.
i dont run a harness to the sidemarker so if it pops out, mines gonna fall lol.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Ahh i see. maybe ill just stick to my color matched and depo clears for now then.
i dont run a harness to the sidemarker so if it pops out, mines gonna fall lol.
when I get home this evening, Ill take a photo of what im talking about for anyone curious.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Depo makes replacement headlights that are almost perfect replacements for OEM. I bought them for my Tacoma-just take the old ones out and put these in-perfect fit. Definitely a better value than the OEM replacements.

I wouldn't have any issue installing their side-marker lights.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
exactly why I didnt wanna wait another month for the unity ones. they look cool but the oem style depo's are ?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PXL_20210429_213834698
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PXL_20210429_213841405

This portion of the side marker on the unity isn't as good as the oem/depo, it doesn't allow my unity side marker to click in and stay...it just wobbles around.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
PXL_20210429_213834698.jpg
PXL_20210429_213841405.jpg

This portion of the side marker on the unity isn't as good as the oem/depo, it doesn't allow my unity side marker to click in and stay...it just wobbles around.
I had this issue with my last side markers. I was able to push the metal on the inside of the fender toward the side marker and it clicked.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I had this issue with my last side markers. I was able to push the metal on the inside of the fender toward the side marker and it clicked.
Yeah I didn't bother with that. My depo ones clicked in right away, no movement at all. Best $40 I've spent.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PXL_20210429_215703194
Sponsored