What did you do to your Type R today?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Looking at all these pics in the snow makes me want to dig around the house and look for my beanie cap and puffer jacket. Be safe driving out there. I can’t believe the amount of resilience you guys have living out in those areas.

Family and I got stranded one time up in North Tahoe because the main pass had poor visibility and too much snow on road. We ended up sleeping in the car because all hotels were booked.

Luckily we were able to park in front of a 24hr Safeway and waited for Starbucks to open up early in the morning. Caltrans was able to clear the pass and it was sunny the next day. That was no fun at all! I can still feel the bone chill after all these years.
Sponsored

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks... it’s a fun hobby when everything is working. Sadly, there is a reason the old arcades died out.. these things are problematic and unreliable.... A lot of maintenance, obsolete parts and know how is needed to keep them running.... unfortunately I’m lacking in the electronic know department... but I’ve got some friends that help on occasion.

Punch Out! Is packed in there somewhere and it still works :)
been noticing a TON of bar/arcades popping up locally with dozens of old machines. i want a few of the arcade1up’s but they all sell out faster than parts of our cars :doh:

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
been noticing a TON of bar/arcades popping up locally with dozens of old machines. i want a few of the arcade1up’s but they all sell out faster than parts of our cars :doh:
Man it would be nice to own a house with a garage or a bonus room that could be converted into a man cave loaded with arcade games, ping pong table and foosball. Table top arcades are also cool. First time I ever saw one of those was in the late 70s at the local Round Table Pizza. The game was Asteroids. I still remember the sounds of “pew pew, boom and some crackles”.

Last edited:

Arch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sticking with the arcade machines sub topic for a moment, did you guys get the G-LOC R360 machine in the US? My absolute favourite arcade machine ever, only ever played it a few times as there was none local to me at the time, mid nineties. Was £5 a go back then, empty your pockets and strap yourself in, a few seconds later you're Maverick! ?

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sticking with the arcade machines sub topic for a moment, did you guys get the G-LOC R360 machine in the US? My absolute favourite arcade machine ever, only ever played it a few times as there was none local to me at the time, mid nineties. Was £5 a go back then, empty your pockets and strap yourself in, a few seconds later you're Maverick! ?

lmao yes! these were amazing

Man it would be nice to own a house with a garage or a bonus room that could be converted into a man cave loaded with arcade games, ping pong table and foosball. Table top arcades are also cool. First time I ever saw one of those was in the late 70s at the local Round Table Pizza. The game was Asteroids. I still remove the sounds of “pew pew, boom and some crackles”.
same haha, im in an highrise apt building with no garage. have been looking at garage lifts while weve barely even started to browse for houses down here ?

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks... it’s a fun hobby when everything is working. Sadly, there is a reason the old arcades died out.. these things are problematic and unreliable.... A lot of maintenance, obsolete parts and know how is needed to keep them running.... unfortunately I’m lacking in the electronic know department... but I’ve got some friends that help on occasion.

Punch Out! Is packed in there somewhere and it still works :)
Fatherpain,
Scary as this sounds, add me to that friend network. I have 20+ years of electronics experience. Different arcade games though like the ones that perform, radio, radar, navigation and communications on large mil aircraft. No quarters required, tokens occasionally, luck sometimes. I’m not of the modern follow the fault-flow ‘monkey-banana’ generation. We did flightline and back shop work down to troubleshooting to component replacement, multi-layer board soldering and (except for first couple years) those components weren’t glass vacuum tubes. It was fun to be the real space invaders worldwide.
Even with that, I still am too shy to harness hack my CTR, mostly because I know how intermittent things like crimp connections can get. When I did wiring (Ridgeline) always had physical strain relief and soldered connections. That gets trickier the older eyes get and the ever shrinking diagram print doesn’t help.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fatherpain,
Scary as this sounds, add me to that friend network. I have 20+ years of electronics experience. Different arcade games though like the ones that perform, radio, radar, navigation and communications on large mil aircraft. No quarters required, tokens occasionally, luck sometimes. I’m not of the modern follow the fault-flow ‘monkey-banana’ generation. We did flightline and back shop work down to troubleshooting to component replacement, multi-layer board soldering and (except for first couple years) those components weren’t glass vacuum tubes. It was fun to be the real space invaders worldwide.
Even with that, I still am too shy to harness hack my CTR, mostly because I know how intermittent things like crimp connections can get. When I did wiring (Ridgeline) always had physical strain relief and soldered connections. That gets trickier the older eyes get and the ever shrinking diagram print doesn’t help.
@RepyT you and I can relate very well. I was an Engineering Tech for 25 years and lab rat so I’ve touched many PCB designs, reworked and troubleshot many boards and crimped many wire assemblies. Was part of the golden age when technology took its shape from the 90s to now. Those were exciting times to be a part of.

I’m no longer in that scene as I now work on the design side. That line of work is for someone in their 20s with steady hands and strong eyes. Met and worked with a lot of really great EEs who loved to collaborate and easy to work with. I agree with the schematic prints. I was able to work off of 11x17” schematic diagrams back in the days but with my eyes going bad due to old age, I may need to print it out to 34x44 just so I can see anything at all ?

Last edited:

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
We only had one in town, and COVID killed it. I hope another one pops up. It was fun.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Finished polishing and (CarPro Flyby Forte) ceramic coating the side windows and hatch glass.

Also installed Caruse Aeroflap.
If you want a fairly cheap ($199) mod that turns your Wing to a Wang, this is the mod for you. I ordered last Thursday, shipped same day, arrived Monday (today).

Lower wing lip spoiler seems more noticeable now.

With all this added downforce I hope there no chance of a popping a wheelie, do I need ballast like in a tractor pull?

65F43319-FAEB-4ABF-94B9-39EB902B77CE.jpeg

D6AA7080-8EFC-4BC3-891C-20CA947EEC7D.jpeg

86A0A990-26C1-411E-8625-4F040B58EDA2.jpeg
nice wang. what's the smaller wang under the big wang?

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A025F179-D7EF-4A8E-A371-1963855A7194.jpeg
Did an oil change and checked the brakes in preparation for my next track day 2/21/21 @Big Willow. It’s a frigid 48F tonight in SoCal ?
Kind of silly but what do you expect...?

This picture (add chalk outine) looks like Exhibit A on an episode of Forensic Files or First 48 titled, “When Air Wrenches Attack”

Now back to our meaningful discussion, already in progress.

(I love the plate!)

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
dug myself out of the snow!

just kidding, but in all seriousness, any amount of snow in Phoenix, AZ is incredibly rare and almost unheard of.

71FBAE8F-5AD2-44E1-BA39-5A27CD208565.jpeg
You can peg a 2x4 up it’s exhaust and make the worlds largest cherry popsicle.

(Sorry, bad shrooms)

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my Volks CE28SL mounted. Running Azenis 265/25. T1/07 Monoliths.

2B9948A5-AF6E-4C91-8CA4-B6D9E0CDF3E6.jpeg

0DA04101-C655-49DD-AFE9-07D23B4F8954.jpeg
Looks great, thanks for sharing.

First shot looks very similar to Panama City Beach Cars & Coffee at Pier Park, I’ll be there early Sat.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? AF949C10-C767-4DD9-B3DD-A043EDDDB15B
Sponsored