Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? A025F179-D7EF-4A8E-A371-1963855A7194
Did an oil change and checked the brakes in preparation for my next track day 2/21/21 @Big Willow. It’s a frigid 48F tonight in SoCal ?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
what is it with this car that every part is backordered? :what:
Yup pretty much- wheels in particular! I was lucky to get my set at an early time.
A025F179-D7EF-4A8E-A371-1963855A7194.jpeg
Did an oil change and checked the brakes in preparation for my next track day 2/21/21 @Big Willow. It’s a frigid 48F tonight in SoCal ?
Man you're brave to go out there tonight- it's hella freezing and (Bay Area) wind blowing like crazy outside!! Do you at least have a heater nearby? ?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heh, brave, OCD or not that smart! Don’t get home from work until 7pm-ish and I’m not wanting to wait til the last minute + the missus gave me the ok to work on the car....Seems she doesn’t mind so long as I’m freezing my arse off ?.

No heater, but feels good once I start exerting my old self and generating some body heat ?

Man you're brave to go out there tonight- it's hella freezing and (Bay Area) wind blowing like crazy outside!! Do you at least have a heater nearby? ?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Heh, brave, OCD or not that smart! Don’t get home from work until 7pm-ish and I’m not wanting to wait til the last minute + the missus gave me the ok to work on the car....Seems she doesn’t mind so long as I’m freezing my arse off ?.

No heater, but feels good once I start exerting my old self and generating some body heat ?
Yup nothing like getting the old adrenaline pumping once you're dialed in and focused. What would be really nice is to own a house with a real garage- seems like only the priveledge in the state can afford nice garages!

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 504CED47-A841-470C-B3EF-6CC4DBCE4FB1

Smh... the sad part is we do have a nice garage... however it’s a bit of a mess stuffed with car tools, parts and overflow from my “other” hobby..

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? AC07BBC9-AFBA-446F-8486-D7F83C6603BB

Gotta organize it so can park the car inside where it belongs and don’t have to rough it...
Don’t mind the cold so much.... and being outside feels less claustrophobic... but can’t stand summer mosquitos!

Yup nothing like getting the old adrenaline pumping once you're dialed in and focused. What would be really nice is to own a house with a real garage- seems like only the priveledge in the state can afford nice garages!

Last edited:

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
504CED47-A841-470C-B3EF-6CC4DBCE4FB1.jpeg

Smh... the sad part is we do have a nice garage... however it’s a bit of a mess stuffed with car tools, parts and overflow from my “other” hobby..

AC07BBC9-AFBA-446F-8486-D7F83C6603BB.jpeg

Gotta organize it so can park the car inside where it belongs and don’t have to rough it...
Don’t mind the cold so much.... and being outside feels less claustrophobic... but can’t stand summer mosquitos!
I am tempted to fill up one of those 5lb Home Depot buckets with nothing but quarters and then coming over to play those old-school arcade games!! My favorite of all time is Punch-Out!!

What a nice collection!!

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks... it’s a fun hobby when everything is working. Sadly, there is a reason the old arcades died out.. these things are problematic and unreliable.... A lot of maintenance, obsolete parts and know how is needed to keep them running.... unfortunately I’m lacking in the electronic know department... but I’ve got some friends that help on occasion.

Punch Out! Is packed in there somewhere and it still works :)

I am tempted to fill up one of those 5lb Home Depot buckets with nothing but quarters and then coming over to play those old-school arcade games!! My favorite of all time is Punch-Out!!

What a nice collection!!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
dug myself out of the snow!

just kidding, but in all seriousness, any amount of snow in Phoenix, AZ is incredibly rare and almost unheard of.

71FBAE8F-5AD2-44E1-BA39-5A27CD208565.jpeg
Oh wow. I was clearing the driveway this morning too so my dad could get out for his doctor's appointment... I think the amount of snow you have on the ground is about how much has accumulated back up by the time I finished shoveling.... With a snow blower.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh wow. I was clearing the driveway this morning too so my dad could get out for his doctor's appointment... I think the amount of snow you have on the ground is about how much has accumulated back up by the time I finished shoveling.... With a snow blower.
We got pummeled in WI today too. I snowblowed before work, got ready and came out to a fresh 1/2”. Drive to work this morning was interesting. Had to drive the woman’s R today?
Pic is on a 6 lane wide major street.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 312AC51B-FFEF-4B82-9F29-87F075903EF1

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
We got pummeled in WI today too. I snowblowed before work, got ready and came out to a fresh 1/2”. Drive to work this morning was interesting. Had to drive the woman’s R today?
Pic is on a 6 lane wide major street.

312AC51B-FFEF-4B82-9F29-87F075903EF1.jpeg
oof, that looks about right. Luckily I don't need to leave the house today. Or at least I'm not planning to for a while. Stay safe out there.