First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put on my caruse wing. So far I'm impressed with the fit and design.

20201211_072302.jpg

View attachment 265373

View attachment 265374

View attachment 265375
Volksparts,

Help an old man out to understand the benefit of this wing?

Is it to be unique, more curvy, stylish, faster or is it supposedly meant to improve down force?

Aerodynamically it appears it’ll provide less down force compared OEM because it’s not as flat. Even with more trailing edge rise, looks like too much air will basically fall off the sides. It’s nice looking but OEM seems to fit tight at outer edges where there’s a small gap visible in one pic (worst possible angle maybe).

Was this one expensive and does it come in other materials/finishes?

You’re quite the early adopter, experimenter, or solution designer and I always look forward to what you’ll do next.

Thanks for sharing, just trying to understand the why?

P.S. - I get home from vacay tomorrow and ASR CF badges came yesterday (297 days), CF scoop nearing completion at day 315.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Volksparts,

Is it to be unique, more curvy, stylish, faster or is it supposedly meant to improve down force?

Aerodynamically it appears it’ll provide less down force compared OEM because it’s not as flat. Even with more trailing edge rise, looks like too much air will basically fall off the sides. It’s nice looking but OEM seems to fit tight at outer edges where there’s a small gap visible in one pic (worst possible angle maybe).

You’re quite the early adopter, experimenter, or solution designer and I always look forward to what you’ll do next.

P.S. - I get home from vacay tomorrow and ASR CF badges came yesterday (297 days), CF scoop nearing completion at day 315.
I'd imagine it could increase the downforce if done properly. Imagine an airplane wing with the flaps up.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Volksparts,

What's up brother Dave. Yeah like tinyman was saying it's meant to create downforce to help you have more traction on the road. I mainly became interested in this specific wing after I was actually interested in the verus P10. The verus has wind tunnel testing which they had done in conjunction with the front splitter and rear diffuser which seemed to help the aerodynamics. I'm one of those people that loves to test different parts and that's what makes owning cars more enjoyable. To see whether or not they seem to help. Just like you would any suspension part or performance part it's fun to test out. So I ordered the caruse wing back in May since it was a lot cheaper than the verus P10. I just received it though because it was still in the design process. Turns out I ended up also ordering the verus P10 on Black Friday which should arrive tomorrow. I plan to test out both of them. But I also have to say that I do enjoy the look of both of these wings just like you enjoy red on your car ?.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's up brother Dave. Yeah like tinyman was saying it's meant to create downforce to help you have more traction on the road. I mainly became interested in this specific wing after I was actually interested in the verus P10. The verus has wind tunnel testing which they had done in conjunction with the front splitter and rear diffuser which seemed to help the aerodynamics. I'm one of those people that loves to test different parts and that's what makes owning cars more enjoyable. To see whether or not they seem to help. Just like you would any suspension part or performance part it's fun to test out. So I ordered the caruse wing back in May since it was a lot cheaper than the verus P10. I just received it though because it was still in the design process. Turns out I ended up also ordering the verus P10 on Black Friday which should arrive tomorrow. I plan to test out both of them. But I also have to say that I do enjoy the look of both of these wings just like you enjoy red on your car ?.
Thanks D. You amaze me as if it exists, you try it and see. Wish I had your skill set and budget.

Appreciate the wing details,

I look forward to OEM/Verus/p10 comparisons from your point of view along with anything else you tinker with.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Checked Carbon Zone Poland lately?

38 total FK8 products, 7 exterior, 31 interior.

I know some of you have full/partial sets but they have lots marked NEW although some not available. Red is thing for them too.

Old news maybe but I drool lots and lose track of time.

Happy Independence Day everyone!

GBA

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the same subject of electronic gadgets, has anyone ever used or thought about using a product like this as an alarm if someone tries to steal your expensive, after-market wheels and tires?

https://www.onlinecarstereo.com/Car...j3n-zYHgyR8-EmaUzHV7Hfi6GeSz4WioaAudaEALw_wcB
I have that together with few other sensor like glass break sensor, motion sensor..

You need the actual viper alarm module or compustar module in order for the sensor to work.
I also put a back up battery so car theft cant just disconnect main battery to kill the siren.
I also put GPS on the car so i know where exactly it is.

One night someone did came on my driveway trying to break in my car, alarm set off, he then slashed all 4 of my new PS4S before he left. i run out to my car and he is already gone

Last edited: