tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
On the same subject of electronic gadgets, has anyone ever used or thought about using a product like this as an alarm if someone tries to steal your expensive, after-market wheels and tires?

https://www.onlinecarstereo.com/Car...j3n-zYHgyR8-EmaUzHV7Hfi6GeSz4WioaAudaEALw_wcB
It's an interesting idea. If you don't do your own tire rotations or mount and balance your own wheels, you best let the person know before you hand them the keys to your car (or remember to disable it).
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
It's an interesting idea. If you don't do your own tire rotations or mount and balance your own wheels, you best let the person know before you hand them the keys to your car (or remember to disable it).
Nah, just pretend you don't know what's going on and watch them run around like headless chickens and then say they broke something in the process- LOL

I wouldnt' dare do that to my local guys at the America's Tires- those guys are the best and after 15 years of great service, I wouldn't dare go anywhere else. Wheels Works are the worst and Big O Tires were pretty good as well in my past experiences.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to temporarily disable the system during routine maintenance.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nah, just pretend you don't know what's going on and watch them run around like headless chickens and then say they broke something in the process- LOL

I wouldnt' dare do that to my local guys at the America's Tires- those guys are the best and after 15 years of great service, I wouldn't dare go anywhere else. Wheels Works are the worst and Big O Tires were pretty good as well in my past experiences.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to temporarily disable the system during routine maintenance.
Trying to sip the Kool-ade but so far, no buzz.

Wouldnā€™t any tech advanced system like that used on wheels to detect them being stolen just tell you it was removed? Kind of late then and that might not be the best time if confronting the perps, calling police might be better?

If you could use this to activate 360 degree cams when jostled, now weā€™re talking.

Finding out afterwards is why I notified my insurance of significant upgrades put in my file. That doesnā€™t assure mod replacement if stolen, wheels taken, or totaled but at least I donā€™t have to dispute the current config, whether theyā€™d give a damn is TBD but it canā€™t hurt to try.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Wouldnā€™t any tech advanced system like that used on wheels to detect them being stolen just tell you it was removed? Kind of late then and that might not be the best time if confronting the perps, calling police might be better?
It's just a tilt sensor you hook to your car alarm. Attached to the car, not the wheels. Fairly standard for car alarms I thought. As far as I know they detect if the car is tilted after being parked/stationary (i.e. jacked up to steel the wheels) and actually are designed to turn themselves off if the car is tilted enough to detect you are being towed (i.e. 20 degrees or something). Also don't think it would impact an auto shop since they will use a lift, which won't tilt the car.

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
This baby is going to the shop to get painted. Should get it back to install sometime this weekend!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? ECFA9066-E829-4CEC-92D2-C45978D8DDEB

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally after about 8 months got my carbonmyride tweeter covers to match all my other interior parts from them. The delay was due to sourcing OEM honda tweeter covers to treat with carbon fiber. Zah at carbonmyride as been nothing but great to deal with. I have always been a fan of their quality.

Last edited:

Arch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally after about 8 months got my carbonmyride tweeter covers to match all my other interior parts from them. The delay was due to sourcing OEM honda tweeter covers to treat with carbon fiber. Zah at carbonmyride as been nothing but great to deal with. I have always been a fan of their quality.

View attachment 265109

View attachment 265110
I was looking at all their stuff last night. How is the fit on pieces that are designed to just sit over the original part? Have you used adhesive or double side tape? Any chance of pics of all the bits you've purchased please? :)

Thanks,

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was looking at all their stuff last night. How is the fit on pieces that are designed to just sit over the original part? Have you used adhesive or double side tape? Any chance of pics of all the bits you've purchased please? :)

Thanks,
Hey brother it just depends on what exactly you are buying from them. Some are direct replacements for example my front door switch controls (but they do have the overlay also available), my side mirror caps, and the Tweeter covers. The rest I have are all overlays which you use double-sided tape they provide. Examples would be my rear door switch covers, the steering wheel lower trim, the shifter trim, the type R badge number emblem trim, the dash and door trims. Now originally I was shipped a steering wheel trim that didn't fit well but the guys at the company made it right and shipped me a better fitting one. Zah at carbonmyride has always been my point of contact. The main reason I went with them over some of the other European companies is they seem to run better sales. from what I learned though they all kind of get them from the same sources. One thing I was looking for was for all the weaves to match and they do. As long as their parts are in stock it ships in arrives to you really fast. It's just that when they're out of stock that could be a wait. But as all of us know made to order parts do take time.
Here are some of their other parts.

Last edited:

Arch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats awesome, thanks a lot for posting those, they look really good. :cool:

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
Hey brother it just depends on what exactly you are buying from them. Some are direct replacements for example my front door switch controls (but they do have the overlay also available), my side mirror caps, and the Tweeter covers. The rest I have are all overlays which you use double-sided tape they provide. Examples would be my rear door switch covers, the steering wheel lower trim, the shifter trim, the type R badge number emblem trim, the dash and door trims. Now originally I was shipped a steering wheel trim that didn't fit well but the guys at the company made it right and shipped me a better fitting one. Zah at carbonmyride has always been my point of contact. The main reason I went with them over some of the other European companies is they seem to run better sales. from what I learned though they all kind of get them from the same sources. One thing I was looking for was for all the weaves to match and they do. As long as their parts are in stock it ships in arrives to you really fast. It's just that when they're out of stock that could be a wait. But as all of us know made to order parts do take time.
Here are some of their other parts.

View attachment 265133

View attachment 265134

View attachment 265135

View attachment 265136

View attachment 265137

View attachment 265138

View attachment 265139

View attachment 265140
Would you be still have the link for the passenger side pocket/organizer, thanks in advance

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the very detailed replies to Tuck & I, very good info.

With a few software update hiccups yet to be ironed out, Iā€™ll wait a bit longer to go wireless with Car Play.
Good information.
I would hazard a guess that Carplay2wireless is not vetted and tested by Apple, lol. So bugs glitches are to be expected.
Of course all software has bugs and Carplay's interaction with Android in my CTR is no exception, but adding that rogue wireless adapter thing is too much work for me to keep up with.
Sponsored