First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The shift knob on my 2020 is freezing cold.

Any alternatives or suggestions out there (besides putting on racing gloves)?

?
Apparently my ex-wife and your shift knob have lots in common, both frigid.

LELO has some interesting alternatives that warm things up effectively. No gear markings though, assorted high end solutions to get shifty parts up to body temps and beyond quickly.??
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Cashed in my first claim on the road hazard warranty.
50872B26-3736-4D11-8141-B348A9BFCA72.jpeg
Update. Tire is replaced, but the damn wheel is bent. Must have happened in the half mile I drove with it flat. I'll go to the dealer next week to get a new wheel. Thank God for that warranty!

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Which one? Fidelity Deluxe? Fidelity Premium? Safe Guard? Or one of several others available?
It's administered by the Hendrick dealership group, but you don't have to have the vehicle serviced there. It works anywhere. I think I paid $550. After this tire/wheel, it will have paid out around $1200. No brainer. I think it's called Autoguard.

Tracker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I also just got the CAE shifter, the craftsmanship and shifting experience is nothing short of amazing. Bored out and threaded the stock knob to M12x1.75 to fit CAE.

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg
Please advice on where you got the shifter, Thanks.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
So I got the awe touring exhaust installed a week ago. The inside cabin noise is obnoxiously loud. Around 2.5k rpm the car is just ringing. Cruising at 65mph is loud, too. Almost want to switch back to stock...
btw, how did everyone take their stock exhaust home? That thing is all one piece. I can’t even hide the dang thing

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
So I got the awe touring exhaust installed a week ago. The inside cabin noise is obnoxiously loud. Around 2.5k rpm the car is just ringing. Cruising at 65mph is loud, too. Almost want to switch back to stock...
btw, how did everyone take their stock exhaust home? That thing is all one piece. I can’t even hide the dang thing
I had the shop cut my OEM exhaust in 3 sections and it fit perfectly in the HKS Spec L box I had installed. This is the best sounding exhaust that I have ever had and it sounds awesome. Doesn't sound obnoxiously loud in the cabin at all. Sounds really beautiful when you roll the windows down especially if you're driving through an underground garage or through the mall garage- wow what a sound! I'm thankful for the video that my friend @izzyC-EX posted on his vlog and also in part with guidance from all our fellow members here.

Luckily I was able to resell my OEM the same day to a fellow member and I haven't looked back since. ?

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Ouch yeah I can sympathize. I got the 27won exhaust which is quieter than the awe and my ears are still ringing. The highway drone is killing me. I'm considering having an exhaust shop add a resonator.