Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've been meaning to grab this dashcam, any cons while you've had it?
Overall, it has been solid since I bought it back in 2017. I did have a minor issue with constant restarts but it was easily resolved with a firmware update. If you do get one, especially an older model, make sure you have the latest firmware update as they have patches to fix issues. Blackvue has them as free downloads from their website but they do stop support after a while.

The 650S that I have is discontinued but you can still find them, or any older model at a very affordable price. I hard wired mine to my under dash fuse box so it records all the time while in parking mode. Hot, warm, cold weather does not seem to affect the performance since I have had it. The desktop software to configure the camera settings and view footage is simple to use, and they also have an app where you can do the same on your phone.

Blackvue is always coming out with new models, I think they are up to the 900 and LTE series at the moment. The only gripe I have is that their prices keep going up for their latest and greatest.

The good thing is that dash cam market has been flooded within the last couple of years and today, there are way more affordable options out there that are solid competitors and alternatives to Blackvue.
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That will work- I used to have one on my minivan and it was super-comfy on long, highway trips. The wifey didn't take a liking for it so it had to be removed. Now I'm left with the sticky, 14 year old OEM steering wheel. Now I have justification to slap it back on again.
Thanks, sounds like a true to life saga, As the Wheel Tuns at your place.
Wifey here sees cars as transport appliances that must be safe and comfy, Lex GX460 does that. WRT steering wheel, she says yes, it needs one.
I’m over the top thrilled w/CTR but no one to appreciate it with until car show weekends, fun drives, and mass cruising.

I hope we all get out in the cooler air to appreciate being mask free without stranger close proximity as nature heals as do grippy wheels.

One not so young lady at work said she found another womans thong in her husbands car few days ago but kept quiet.

She vented her anger by spiking his body wash with Heet, Said certain parts of his nearly exploded, serves him right.

Turns out it was his face mask.:doh:

Last edited:

r_35800

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Overall, it has been solid since I bought it back in 2017. I did have a minor issue with constant restarts but it was easily resolved with a firmware update. If you do get one, especially an older model, make sure you have the latest firmware update as they have patches to fix issues. Blackvue has them as free downloads from their website but they do stop support after a while.

The 650S that I have is discontinued but you can still find them, or any older model at a very affordable price. I hard wired mine to my under dash fuse box so it records all the time while in parking mode. Hot, warm, cold weather does not seem to affect the performance since I have had it. The desktop software to configure the camera settings and view footage is simple to use, and they also have an app where you can do the same on your phone.

Blackvue is always coming out with new models, I think they are up to the 900 and LTE series at the moment. The only gripe I have is that their prices keep going up for their latest and greatest.

The good thing is that dash cam market has been flooded within the last couple of years and today, there are way more affordable options out there that are solid competitors and alternatives to Blackvue.
Thanks for that.

I'm leaning towards Blackvue because of the parking feature. Maybe I haven't done enough research yet but that feature alone sells me. I have real paranoia when it comes to parking my car in busy parking garages or parking lots for that matter. Always that person parked furthest away from everything.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for that.

I'm leaning towards Blackvue because of the parking feature. Maybe I haven't done enough research yet but that feature alone sells me. I have real paranoia when it comes to parking my car in busy parking garages or parking lots for that matter. Always that person parked furthest away from everything.
I've got the Blackvue 750HDS front/rear hardwired to be always on. It's good shit, but the app has always been garbage.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Changed the transmission fluid, detailed the R and picked up groceries. For daily driving, the CTR is king. Amsoil MTF - huge fan, I don’t know if it’s placebo but it does indeed seem to shift better. Only 14k miles but I did it anyway, well worth it IMO

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 16F82D34-0E1B-47A4-9029-E0248B81796D

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for that.

The parking feature is awesome. I work from home now but when I used to park my car at my work parking garage, I used to get the same paranoia especially after walking back to your car at the end of the day and seeing some POS beater parked less than one feet next to you. There was this one time where that happened and after reviewing my footage, I did hear a soft "thud" when the person was exiting their car after parking next to mine. Luckily I did not find any dent or scratch on my door but I was easily able to see a clear visual image of the person, as well as the license plate as they were pulling into the parking spot.

Another brand that comes to mind with parking mode recording is Thinkware. I am sure other brands do offer the same, you would just have to research them.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I actually bought one of these watches. MSTR keeps re-releasing the watch in a different color scheme as a limit production run. The Rallye Red only has 150 made for example. Boost Blue was available before it and the Pheonix Yellow before that (along with a long line of others).

That said, if you're a watch person, it's a Japanese Seiko quarts movement, so kind of meh. The Chronograph is nice an simple to use. The casing looks quite gaudy to be honest and is pretty huge (though I have small wrists in general). That all being said, it stands out as much as the Type R does, a lot.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSC09402

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSC09409

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually bought one of these watches. MSTR keeps re-releasing the watch in a different color scheme as a limit production run. The Rallye Red only has 150 made for example. Boost Blue was available before it and the Pheonix Yellow before that (along with a long line of others).

That said, if you're a watch person, it's a Japanese Seiko quarts movement, so kind of meh. The Chronograph is nice an simple to use. The casing looks quite gaudy to be honest and is pretty huge (though I have small wrists in general). That all being said, it stands out as much as the Type R does, a lot.

DSC09402.jpg

DSC09409.jpg
Very nice Tinyman,
Me meh in black version, they made 250.
Got it from a UK Marine Sales Shop (boating), why it was there new, no clue, GBP 127 back in May. Not sure how many chickens that is using the new livestock standard.

Changed band and it took three tries on eBay & Amazon to find a red silicone band, all said red but were orange. This one listed as wine red... no, crappy Sangria maybe.., with side order of salmon.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 056D12CF-7989-494C-8A7A-92A1B7A10043

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 68B773B7-A11C-49B2-A11A-9B83DE246D45

Last edited:

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Decided to not stand out that much and go for a more subtle look. Started wrapping all my red pieces in a forged carbon fiber vinyl. Gonna work on the mirror pieces tomorrow. Oh, and finally ordered my Mishimoto catch can this evening, so just waiting on that to come in.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20201003_094847
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20201003_095003
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20201003_092945
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20201003_093035

Josh May

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
Where did you order these from?

i finally got around to installing the depo clear reflectors, and removed the "civic" emblem from the rear.....to me the chrome civic emblem doesn't go with the black chrome type-R emblems. just imo

2C1DF376-4E4B-45AA-A648-7D447674D082_zpsluycfbtn.jpg

9F56264B-FFC1-45D4-9C00-05726A9B37BE_zpsyb5bqcv1.jpg

95C73CF3-5501-418E-BBCB-DA02845855D7_zpsjn6ldw33.jpg

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Remote dyno tuned a 2019 in Hawaii today.

I don't normally tune 91, so I relied a little more on boost than usual. Turns out the EGT disable makes a huge difference after about 5k RPM. I used to say it didn't matter much on the OEM turbo but that's not true at all. Learn new things every day. I'll have a writeup on the wiki about it later.

Everyone focuses on peak gains, but holy god damn can you pull some mid-late power gains out of these things.

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
What’s up guys.
My post is , what did you not do to your type R today!!
Unfortunately some asshole broke into my car and stole my mugen steering wheel and adapter that I had in my trunk , yeah granted, the question is why did I have them in my trunk, the answer , laziness to put them in my garage until install time.
Smdh.. karma comes back around .
Sorry, I had to vent !!
Stay safe y’all !!

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What’s up guys.
Unfortunately some asshole broke into my car and stole my mugen steering wheel and adapter that I had in my trunk , yeah granted, the question is why did I have them in my trunk, the answer , laziness to put them in my garage until install time.
Sorry, I had to vent !!
Stay safe y’all !!
Man, that's terrible. You should put out on the radar that mugen wheel got stolen. They'll probably try to sell it.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s up guys.
Sorry, I had to vent !!
Stay safe y’all !!
Oh crap that sucks. Just curious...was the steering wheel or box visible from the outside? How did he/she get in? Always thinking if ways to prevent theft.

Hope there wasn't damage to you car which to me is more important than the steering wheel.
Sponsored