What did you do to your Type R today?

UDEL09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Is this just adhesive or were their rivet/pin holes? Hadn't thought of it, but strongly considering this.
Adhesive. I used a combination of fishing line and goo-gone to remove it. Some also recommend using a heat gun as well but it worked okay without it for me.
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed acexxon front splitter protection on my APR splitter. Already paid for itself when out cruising today and it took the scrapes of some steep driveways.
Also, thanks to this forum for the recommendation, installed front and rear Akebono brake pads. My stock pads still looked brand new with only 3500 miles on them. I changed them to decrease the brake dust.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200707_164549

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200707_152035

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200707_093031

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Is this just adhesive or were their rivet/pin holes? Hadn't thought of it, but strongly considering this.

It's a sticker compound on the rear of each letter. Be careful "others" have peeled paint from the car rushing the job or to be fair removing their letters. I would find something to soak them in to lessen the adhesion before trying to remove them.
There are threads about that on the forum, i believe using a certain type of "Spider" fishing line does the trick after the adhesion is lessened with alcohol, goof off, or something like that.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Installed acexxon front splitter protection on my APR splitter. Already paid for itself when out cruising today and it took the scrapes of some steep driveways.
Also, thanks to this forum for the recommendation, installed front and rear Akebono brake pads. My stock pads still looked brand new with only 3500 miles on them. I changed them to decrease the brake dust.

20200707_164549.jpg

20200707_152035.jpg

20200707_093031.jpg
So can you quantify by how much the brake dust was lessened? I know I can wash my car and the wheels and drive around the block and come back and they're dirty again.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just had the Spoon Springs and rigid collars installed. Ride was nice. Will have further insight after more driving. (Car is a little dirty)
Interested in more impressions of the Spoon springs. That's what I'm leaning toward. Does it still drive okay in Sport mode or does it feel under dampened? I don't want to have to drive around in R mode just to compensate for the new springs.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
So can you quantify by how much the brake dust was lessened? I know I can wash my car and the wheels and drive around the block and come back and they're dirty again.
I switched to the Akebono pads a month or two ago (hard to keep track of time these days) and the difference in brake dust is dramatic. I wash my car every couple of weeks and can pretty much just hose off the wheels with water to get them clean. With the stock pads I used to clean the wheels every weekend whether I was washing the car or not, using wheel cleaner, two brushes and plenty of elbow grease.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
after a little set back on TYPERLEDS, they did the right thing and sent back the correct sidemarkers.

They look great but.. not as bright as I thought it would be considering they are "LED". In the parking garage where it's dim at work they look great but outside, let alone in direct sunlight. They look super dim or spray painted over. All in all im happy but not excited.

Another downfall is that there's a quarter of inch gap around the sidemarkers. I heard this was normal due to our fenders. But since my car is black. Doesn't really bother me.

20200707_145647.jpg

20200707_145621.jpg

20200707_145549.jpg

20200707_145527.jpg
InkedHisto,
Not so sure I’d be thrilled with that kind of corner light gap either, it’s not normal. Post between this reply and your OP show good tight fit with JDM corners. Mine tight too with car decal overlays. Sometime I need to replace them with Type R logo lights w/sequential turn signals I’ve had month or so ready for install, just not big into hacking into OEM harness.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1725F0CE-E7BC-47B6-89C2-2B4CCB63EE3B

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 6560633D-FF7C-4C50-A980-AF8916E2AC8D

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes that's exactly how I feel. I'm tired of cleaning them after 1 drive. I can't quantify as I really haven't driven the car yet. But, there are others here who have said it was significantly less.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got a new set of Motegi MR145's wrapped in 245/40/18 DWS06 rubber mounted. Wanted to get a different set for daily driving. So far seems to have more than enough grip while smoothing out bumps.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
tell me more about these lights :oops:
kefi (Apple auto-corrected your name to LEGO),
Not sure what I can say not having installed them yet. There are chasers that connect to turn signals and they have three lights total. They look like the right fit holding up to existing ones.

Search member here named Omar0123 as I think he put the other color ones in and posted some lights in motion pics.

Mine have poorly soldered wire extensions several inches from the housings that need fixing before install, no attempt at heat shrink, just twisted and zapped with a hot poker (sorry, I’m an accomplished trained electrical solderer w/prior mil service)

Here they are on eBay:

Civic Cornering Type R Logo Lights

Last edited:

Tracker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I switched to the Akebono pads a month or two ago (hard to keep track of time these days) and the difference in brake dust is dramatic. I wash my car every couple of weeks and can pretty much just hose off the wheels with water to get them clean. With the stock pads I used to clean the wheels every weekend whether I was washing the car or not, using wheel cleaner, two brushes and plenty of elbow grease.
Can you give up the info on the brand of Akebono pads, ProAct, Euro or the performance brand of pads?

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag

BoozerC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
Dropped off at a shop to get full front ppf, ceramic coating, and window tints.
Sponsored