frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Decided to order the Hybrid Racing short shifter, probably shouldn’t have. Oh well lol.
Sponsored

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Pushed through my neighborhood to get on to a main road that was plowed so I could go to work. I didn't have to but I have a lot of crap I need to do. I wouldn't have made it if the roads weren't plowed. Took some maneuvering to get out of my driveway and neighborhood lol but I did it cause this car is a BEAST :D

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I need to swing by Hybrids place one day and try out their shifter in their R. They only like 10 mins from me, just always working.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I have both, just finished installing the hybrid racing one yesterday but haven’t taken it for a drive yet.

FE298D18-F4CA-4936-80EA-96B00F935E42.jpeg

3C68130B-34A5-40B6-9F49-AEB64D16FE48.jpeg
Would be really interested to hear you take on both. What was the reason you bought the hybrid racing after having the acuity?

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Would be really interested to hear you take on both. What was the reason you bought the hybrid racing after having the acuity?
My reason? to settle the stupid debate of certain people saying the hybrid racing shifter is better plus I had disposable $$$ to spend lol.....

I didn’t use a shift knob to feel how the hybrid shifter feels like, I used my bare hands and right off the bat I can feel the gate spacing on the hybrid one being very slightly shorter than the acuity one. The gear throws on the acuity one is obviously shorter than the hybrid one, once I have everything installed by next week I will give a review, just waiting on my beatrush boot collar at the moment.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
My reason? to settle the stupid debate of certain people saying the hybrid racing shifter is better plus I had disposable $$$ to spend lol.....

I didn’t use a shift knob to feel how the hybrid shifter feels like, I used my bare hands and right off the bat I can feel the gate spacing on the hybrid one being very slightly shorter than the acuity one. The gear throws on the acuity one is obviously shorter than the hybrid one, once I have everything installed by next week I will give a review, just waiting on my beatrush boot collar at the moment.
:lol: well I appreciate your financial sacrifice and look forward to your comparison.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dearest Tim818 [~#$M?] my new bestest (philanthropist) buddy,

I was just thinking... why doncha’just get a second Type R and install one shifter in each for direct comparison? I’ll hang out with you and drive one so you can switch off anytime. Once you decide which one you like better I’ll gladly hang on to the culled one for you and when done with will donate it to a fine charitable organization (eventually). Gotta’ have the matching clear title though as y’know ‘the man’ keeps a close watch on those places. I hope we can use the jet to get it back to my crib so I can make sure it’s fed, watered and gets regular exercise.

Thanks dude, Elon said hi and not to throw rocks at either R windows. Oh— you pick colors of course, they don’t have to match but Rebels and Jedi (B&W) might be sweet, which one do you want to go with the one on level 3 of your garage?

Your Florida pal REPYT sends hi five!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? BC3874DC-A1C2-427F-9D36-20B65AFB00AE

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Dearest Tim818 [~#$M?] my new bestest (philanthropist) buddy,

I was just thinking... why doncha’just get a second Type R and install one shifter in each for direct comparison? I’ll hang out with you and drive one so you can switch off anytime. Once you decide which one you like better I’ll gladly hang on to the culled one for you and when done with will donate it to a fine charitable organization (eventually). Gotta’ have the matching clear title though as y’know ‘the man’ keeps a close watch on those places. I hope we can use the jet to get it back to my crib so I can make sure it’s fed, watered and gets regular exercise.

Thanks dude, Elon said hi and not to throw rocks at either R windows. Oh— you pick colors of course, they don’t have to match but Rebels and Jedi (B&W) might be sweet, which one do you want to go with the one on level 3 of your garage?

Your Florida pal REPYT sends hi five!

BC3874DC-A1C2-427F-9D36-20B65AFB00AE.jpeg
You’re really going to want to be my friend, because I have a set of these:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 0F0788E9-559F-425C-A93F-5757D31DE126

**NOT CHINESE MADE**

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 14CC342E-2426-4F46-9869-7A2D3CFAEBDF

Used one of these neat little Turbo Boost Leak Detectors with 2.75” adapter to check for Vacuum leaks. Found (3) leaks including a large one. Hopefully this will clear the high RPM at idle and P0507 CEL I was experiencing.

More details can be found here starting at the middle of the page, if interested in reading further:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/fatherpain’s-2018-type-r.42379/page-3

Last edited:

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is no, these garnishes aka cheese grater replacement but in carbon fiber aren’t readily available yet in USA (some research so I’m prepared to be educated) but I’ll know more once we when begin the shifter testing on the pair of CTRs. I wonder which one I’ll... oh hi Tim, help yourself.

I’m still getting to know TiI$M ($- is silent) and we haven’t talked about where these came from but he’s a man of integrity, (+10 suck-up points) so we can be absolutely certain they’re not from The People’s Republic of China. He’s sharing hints so it’s possible that he spent a measly $1k (pocket change)on these four parts (being humble so he may not want to say) they possibly came from:

A) An undisclosed Japan/JDM supplier from an overseas vendor online
B) From UK POC perhaps made in orient.
C) He owns a major Carbon Fiber manufacturing company and had them installed to do prototype testing on his ‘Tuesday’ Type R. He’s probably been in business so long he remembers when carbon fiber only meant verified ancient laxative. He may be a SEIBON (shhhhh) but they have yet to market these. FYI, SEIBON is Spanish-American-French name so I’ve read (I wrote it then read it). Braking (+2 pun score) it down, Si’ for yes (not the Civic trim) es en Español, I meaning English for not used when spelling team). BON (pronounced like baw with a truncated w, it helps to hold nostrils closed and purse lips lips open like a goldfish at the end. Here come the Canucks to bash me?) and it’s the French word for GOOD. So, the name SEIBON (not poking the Corp, or is that I’m coping with pork?) heritage wise translates to, “Yes team I’M good (Big M added for Millionaire, see how I did that?).

Some say SEIBON is an acronym, (Super Expensive Intelligently Boosting Our Numbers) but that’s not true,
so I’ve red (CTR).

Anyway (this one time at Type R camp...) my pal Tim will tell us if and when he feels like it. You may have seen him at SEMA this year, valet parked inside main hall, is that? YEP, ‘nuff said.

RepyT rests, Tim never does (thus ^$$$ flows like a Type R 2500-7000 RPMs).

Last edited:

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
You’re really going to want to be my friend, because I have a set of these:

0F0788E9-559F-425C-A93F-5757D31DE126.jpeg

**NOT CHINESE MADE**
I can't wait to see these installed. sooooo prettttyyyy *flies like a bug to a zapper light* lol

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got around to installing my PRL intercooler. Was interesting trying to remove the bumper to say the least, read that you only need to remove 10 fasteners, I think I initially removed 20! LOL, at least I didn't have any "extra" parts when bolting everything up!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Hood Open

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Bumper Off

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Side by side

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PRL FMIC

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Post Install

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? CTR Gotha