What did you do to your Type R today?

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag
You are? What’s the event? Friday test and tune? It’s pouring here.
Yeah I did the Open Test & Tune. The CTR did not disappoint!!! The first session was steady rain with standing water on parts of the track. I’m not going to lie, it was scary at times. The track was still wet during the second extended session, but MUCH better and I got to open it up a little. I was doing the Lead/Follow, since it was my first time, and had NO problem keeping up with anybody there. Corvette’s, Camaro ZL1’s, M3’s, you name it. When it was my turn at the front, the instructor told everyone to keep doing what they were doing and that he and “The Type R”(me) we’re going to have some fun. We left everybody far behind. We actually had to take a slow down lap to let them catch back up. In short, it was a blast and I’ll be definitely going back. They even offered us 50% off the next time, since it was wet most of the evening. All the other drivers were checking the CTR out and asking about it and the instructor was telling everyone how great it was. One M3 driver came up to me afterwards, telling me how quick it was and saying how he wasn’t able to keep up when he was behind me. Good day!
Sponsored

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag
We need to do lunch soon! Not sure I’ll make it to super car cars & coffee tomorrow since forecast calls for rain. Maybe Sunday afternoon we can grab a coffee. I want to see the car now all put back together lol
I might be at CC&C tomorrow as well. Maybe I’ll see you guys there. Hopefully, the rain will be done early and we’ll have nice weather.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Not the best photo, but diamond dark gunmetal 265/30/19's on Sport Cup 2's. Onto other news, the Time attack edition wheel that was missing has been confirmed as lost this week. Monday I will be given options. It will be a huge disappointment if I cannot get the last wheel or a complete set.

Eventuri Intake was installed over the weekend as well. The intake sounds phenomenal. Installation was really easy.

6.6.18 Mounted.JPG

Eventuri Installed.JPG
Where did you buy the intake? I ordered mine and they said 2 months :(

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 BMW F90 M5, 2018 Audi SQ5
Country flag
Had my exhaust installed this morning.
20180608_153459.jpg
Did you get a chance to see what diameter does the reduction by the front pipe connection is with the tri-tip Greddy? Wondering how it will affect flow when paired with a 3 inch front pipe if any at all and does it still qualify as 3 inch even if there is a reduction in pipe size...

See @1:10 on the video where he indicates where the reduction is:

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the missing wheel, but car looks great on the 265/30/19's. I run the same tire size but purchased 4s's but I am wishing I'd have just gotten cup 2's!
Really disappointed, but I find out Monday what my options are for the time attack edition wheels. With the 19's and the cup 2's there is so much grip. The handling is way better than the stock tires and wheel setup. Thank you for the compliment. The Time Attack wheels were meant to be the everyday wheel and the reg ZE40's the track wheels. I wanted to see how it felt with them on.

19's look so much better in my opinion. (not bashing on the rest that have 18's)
Thank you! I like more wheel than tire to fill out the wheel well. My personal preference.

Go big or go home! :headbang: I’ll be testing out my Cup 2’s at Mid-Ohio later this evening!
I saw your post about it. I love these tires!

We need to do lunch soon! Not sure I’ll make it to super car cars & coffee tomorrow since forecast calls for rain. Maybe Sunday afternoon we can grab a coffee. I want to see the car now all put back together lol
I've been busy and my schedule doesn't look like it is letting up, but it sounds fun and hopefully we can get others together aswell. My car now has 230+ miles on it. I finally pulled all the plastic off the interior and put the floor mats in the car.

Where did you buy the intake? I ordered mine and they said 2 months :(
I PM'd you, but I ordered mine from USR in March.

zelmo

First Name
Romy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2020 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Congrats @boosted180sx & @zelmo
Do either of you have video clip of this Greedy 3 tip??
I have one on order but am' keeping my Magnaflow until I'm convinced it's not louder & / or more annoying! lol
Thank you, sir!

Really loving this exhaust! Logged in 50 miles today (5 city and 45 highway), and the sound is really deep!

I tried attaching a video file but it seems that the file is too big. =(