Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
Today I had an RV-6 frontpipe and catted downpipe, along with a PRL intercooler installed at my local specialty shop. Also loaded an updated Phearable OTS tune which accounts for the new parts. Woot!!

On the hour drive home from the shop, I finally started hearing the squealers on at least one of my brake pads. However, I knew this was coming and so bought everything to swap the pads all the way around a few months ago. I guess I'll have another post for tomorrow!!

-bob

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Downpipe1

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Intercooler1

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I had an RV-6 frontpipe and catted downpipe, along with a PRL intercooler installed at my local specialty shop. Also loaded an updated Phearable OTS tune which accounts for the new parts. Woot!!

On the hour drive home from the shop, I finally started hearing the squealers on at least one of my brake pads. However, I knew this was coming and so bought everything to swap the pads all the way around a few months ago. I guess I'll have another post for tomorrow!!

-bob

Downpipe1.jpg

Intercooler1.jpg
Bob, nice choices. Phear’2 rocks! I’m trying the Race Revision just for added fun factor w/ PRL FBO, may try Street version too.

What brake pads you going with?

I’m awaiting a squealer (sounds naughty) to go from 20k mi PowerStops to Hawk Ceramic on a daily that may Auto-X occasionally.

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
Bob, nice choices. Phear’2 rocks! I’m trying the Race Revision just for added fun factor w/ PRL FBO, may try Street version too.

What brake pads you going with?

I’m awaiting a squealer (sounds naughty) to go from 20k mi PowerStops to Hawk Ceramic on a daily that may Auto-X occasionally.
For the first swap I decided to stick with Honda pads, since I've been pretty happy with their performance. (I don't track the car, only spirited driving and autocross). The '20/'21 front pads are Brembo branded.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? CTRFrontPads-Brembo

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PSX_20220526_214650

2020 grille installed.

Next up, gotta get some new rubber put on
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? PSX_20220526_214909

Also ordered another set of GLOC brake pads. My R10s have been phenomenal and I wanna keep a second set on hand. Stepped up to their R12 pad this time around. Still waiting on my club racer rear pads to show up ..

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
On the hour drive home from the shop, I finally started hearing the squealers on at least one of my brake pads.
So they lasted for 20kish miles? My pads are gone too, looking for new ones rn.

Yesterday on the track I noticed a small leak coming from the external bleeder of my FR caliper. Somehow the fluid level was still ok in the reservoir. I did torque to spec last time, don't know what happened. So I applied a little more torque and it seemed to be enough.

This car is so so awesome on the track. It's always a blast to drive the type R :cool:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get caliper weep every now and then too, doesnt seem uncommon but nerve racking regardless.
Agreed. I put a Brembo reservoir sock on and when I went to check level, it was low. WTH, fine for 15k mi then suddenly low, where did it go? Refilled, stayed put.
Clutch shares tank, would volume it sucks up as it wears maybe or beeping brakes?
Although mystery not solved, comforting to know not alone.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my APR GTC-300 67" back from getting ppf.
No point in taking pics lol everyone has this wing.🤷‍♂️
Will be posting the OEM for sale shortly.

Dude, post pictures. We all have the same car. We like looking at the same car.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Agreed. I put a Brembo reservoir sock on and when I went to check level, it was low. WTH, fine for 15k mi then suddenly low, where did it go? Refilled, stayed put.
Clutch shares tank, would volume it sucks up as it wears maybe or beeping brakes?
Although mystery not solved, comforting to know not alone.
If youre not doing any sort of driving events with your car I wouldnt think youd get any caliper weeping issue and if you are, it probably just isnt really tight.

I know for certain my front bleeder screws are tightened to the point where i wouldnt be comfortable putting anymore into it for fear of stripping something.

I guess if all your screws are tight, youll have to try and pinpoint another spot for your fluid leak perhaps

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If youre not doing any sort of driving events with your car I wouldnt think youd get any caliper weeping issue and if you are, it probably just isnt really tight.

I know for certain my front bleeder screws are tightened to the point where i wouldnt be comfortable putting anymore into it for fear of stripping something.

I guess if all your screws are tight, youll have to try and pinpoint another spot for your fluid leak perhaps
I certainly have a few screws loose, my brakes might too.
Upon further review, it could have been the Boomba add on cap unlocking it since it rubs the strut bar slightly.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? B425AE35-44AE-4B8C-A4CB-1A31E651AEBB
Sponsored