Not open for further replies.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed ASEAN illuminated door sills (with rears).. Followed the USA instructions and they were spot on, perfect. Although I wish the rear sills were longer, the small rears look too small. But still better than having nothing at all.. I like how they match the look of the fronts.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! gepCDkWl

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! wsIMNlul

Also installed "JDM Yellow" tint on my fog lights..

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! vv0iXlyl

and finished my Dynamat and foam treating to the rear deck and eliminated ALL vibrations. Turned out nice, can run the sub at max gain and zero vibrations now. :p

how did you do the tint? my came out very bad... because the bulb is not flat and the side of the round edges it wont stick well...

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear you had a bad application due to lint. They can be a major pain but what made it easier for me was because I never removed the factory plastic screen cover. It was speck free when I removed it to apply the screen protector. Have you tried using just a simple method of slipping clear tape to remove the dust particles trapped underneath? I used this method with my tempered glass for my iPad, and it was quite effective. You could save yourself the extra unnecessary expense if successful! Here's what I did. First I peeled about 1/4 of the protective backing and lined it up at the top left corner where the actual screen begins for proper alignment. Once aligned and sticking, I slowly peeled the rest of the backing away. You can also use the tape method. Without removing the plastic backing, tape the screen protector to the top edge once you've aligned it properly. Flip it up and clear any dust particles off the head unit and/or lint using a tape. Carefully remove the backing from the screen protector as you slowly flip it down so it sticks from top left corner and top edge first. Then slowly peel the rest, again checking for any dust or lint along the way. If you see any, lift up then use a tape to grab it before proceeding. I shoulda used the tape method because it took me numerous tries to align the top left corner and top edge. I was sure I was gonna botch it up 'cause it was so hot and I was sweating so much it was stinging my eyes. Couldn't run the A/C which would definitely stir up more dust and lint. Luckily it turned out great. But anyway, best of luck to ya.:thumbsup:
Yeah it's aligned perfectly but there's sooo much lint trapped behind it.. I might just use a wet napkin with a bit of alcohol and tape just the original package came with and see if i can take some of that lint off.. hopefully that will help..

ediblebirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 ST
Country flag
Yeah it's aligned perfectly but there's sooo much lint trapped behind it.. I might just use a wet napkin with a bit of alcohol and tape just the original package came with and see if i can take some of that lint off.. hopefully that will help..
Same thing happened to me. I just dipped the film in a soapy solution and did a wet application. Turned out fine for me. No more lint.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happened to me. I just dipped the film in a soapy solution and did a wet application. Turned out fine for me. No more lint.
cool! can you give me more info? should i dip it in a container full of water and soap? thanks

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how did you do the tint? my came out very bad... because the bulb is not flat and the side of the round edges it wont stick well...
Mine aren't perfect either, I have small creases on both fogs.. Although you really can't tell unless you get very very close. We need to wait for Lumin-X to make fog light tint because they use extra thick tint that won't crease.. The cheap stuff I got was so thin it kept crumpling up like a piece of paper on the foglight while moving it around to position it after I sprayed the soapy water on the lens. It will have to do for now.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Nice, that's the obd2 reader I was looking into as well. Might as well pull the trigger on it too :)
Reader came today. Haven't really used it much yet but I can tell you that it does work with my iPhone 6 Plus. I connected it and just went for a quick 5 min boot around town.

Dunno if I have to do some sort of calibration though. I'm not an expert in engines by any means but the fact that the reader is telling me that at idle the turbo is creating -11psi seems weird. Can the turbo boost be a negative number?

On my quick test drive, I floored it in sport mode and saw the boost jump up to 12.4psi but that's the highest I saw at around 6000rpm. I thought the car had a max boost of 16.5psi.

Anyone know if I have to change some settings in the dash command app to make this work accurately?

The app also wants me to set gear ratios to calculate fuel economy and a few other metrics but the way I understand CVTs is that there is no ratio per se... Is this correct? If not can someone fill me in on what the various gear ratios would be?

EDIT: I can also tell you from my quick test that in regards to the turbo meter in the civic's gauge cluster... One bar appears to correspond to 0psi (zero PSI) of boost. No bars seems to correspond to negative boost psi

Last edited:

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic WOP, 2009 Acura MDX Black
Last week I got my WOP EX-T tinted 35 in front and 20 in back, 3M wrapped my hood, bumper, fenders, and rear bumper, and had window and roof visors installed. Today I had a Compustar starter installed, couldn't tell when the factory starter had started the car, and installed Atshark 72W 6600 lumen LED lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! ima

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! ima

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Last week I got my WOP EX-T tinted 35 in front and 20 in back, 3M wrapped my hood, bumper, fenders, and rear bumper, and had window and roof visors installed. Today I had a Compustar starter installed, couldn't tell when the factory starter had started the car, and installed Atshark 72W 6600 lumen LED lights.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Looks really sharp! Does the moonroof visor make a big difference? I've been thinking of grabbing one too.

PaperWingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Civic EX-T
Country flag
Got my ASEAN non-illuminated door sill covers today and going to install them tomorrow! It's supposed to be beautiful out tomorrow after raining all weekend and today so it's perfect!

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
What do window visors run? With a coupe I'd just need 2. I can't decide if I like them or not. Does look sharp on DChews

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
you're car makes mine look sad and deprived haha, where did you get your window visors and price? and you mention you got a starter.. are you experiencing any grinding noises on warm start ups?

dchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do window visors run? With a coupe I'd just need 2. I can't decide if I like them or not. Does look sharp on DChews
The window visors were installed by the dealership, cost $250CAD all in, if you can do it yourself, can find them on eBay.

dchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you're car makes mine look sad and deprived haha, where did you get your window visors and price? and you mention you got a starter.. are you experiencing any grinding noises on warm start ups?
Haven't noticed anything yet, I just picked it up this afternoon, I will post next week if I notice anything!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.