Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glove box light 008.JPG
Glove box light 013.JPG
Installed a little $5 LED self adhesive strip for the glove box light. Tied it into the back of the 12 volt socket on the center console which powers up when the ignition is on so it stays on the whole time the car is running. Works good and no light escapes when glove box is closed.
I think I would have tied it into the map lights, almost certain to turn those on when you're opening the glove box at night anyways. And this will save power/bulb life.
I think I'll try this mod, thanks for the inspiration. have the link to the led strips?
Sponsored

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha I'm far from rich. Just a middle class dude who's single, has no kids, and no other debit. ;)
Stop stop you don't have to try that hard, you had me at
I didn't feel like negotiating the APR down because of this and I just wanted to get the deal done.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it makes you feel better, until about 2 and a half years ago I had to work 70-75 hours a week at two jobs to pay my bills.
Yes it makes me feel better now I can say my new "far from rich" ;) friend is a really hard working guy. :thumbsup:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glove box light 008.JPG
Glove box light 013.JPG
Installed a little $5 LED self adhesive strip for the glove box light. Tied it into the back of the 12 volt socket on the center console which powers up when the ignition is on so it stays on the whole time the car is running. Works good and no light escapes when glove box is closed.
Was thinking of doing this. But simply buying a mini rechargeable led strip with motion sensor. Comes with magnetic strip for removal for charging.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QV6LH7/

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Installed some oem window visors on the wife's hatchback. Honda Part # 08R04-TGG-100A
IMG_1138.JPG

These don't appear to have any chrome in them. Can you please link me to the exact page you purchased these from. I would definitely like to get these but was scared of purchasing the chrome ones because that is the only oem ones i've seen so far.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These don't appear to have any chrome in them. Can you please link me to the exact page you purchased these from. I would definitely like to get these but was scared of purchasing the chrome ones because that is the only oem ones i've seen so far.
You can search that part number and find the black visors on just about any Honda parts website or possibly even Ebay. College Hills Honda distinguishes the two types (chrome and black) very well on their online parts catalog. Again, the black visor part number is: 08R04-TGG-100A. I ordered mine from HondaPartsNow.com because they were the cheapest after shipping cost. Here's the link: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~visor~door~5d~sport~08r04-tgg-100a.html

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
These are for the sport touring/type R versions with the black wrapped window frames. You pretty much can order these anywhere with the part number I provided. I got mines directly from Honda at their cost with being very good friends with the parts guy.
You can search that part number and find the black visors on just about any Honda parts website or possibly even Ebay. College Hills Honda distinguishes the two types (chrome and black) very well on their online parts catalog. Again, the black visor part number is: 08R04-TGG-100A. I ordered mine from HondaPartsNow.com because they were the cheapest after shipping cost. Here's the link: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~visor~door~5d~sport~08r04-tgg-100a.html
Thank you for providing a link for everyone to use. Agreed this is one of the few places that has them at this low price. I don't think most on eBay can beat it either lol.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.