First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Technically not today but saturday, went to do the tint on my hatch and for what I read on the forum I had to run away from that place. It looks they don't know what they are doing. So now I'm scared to go to any other shop. Please someone in Broward FL area recommend me a trusted shop to do the tint on my hatch, preferably someone that has done their hatchback there. :bow:
My dealer had trouble with the back glass due to the spoiler. They aced the rest of it by a mile though.
Sponsored

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My dealer had trouble with the back glass due to the spoiler. They aced the rest of it by a mile though.
Yeap, that's why I'm scared. I read a lot of posts about shops having problems with the back bc of the spoiler, getting things broken, bad installation, missing screws and what not. Some other posts say their shop knew about the spoiler but they did it very pro. And others said the shop didn't even have to remove the spoiler bc the tint was computer cut out and prepared on a separate mirror or glass before applying it to the car.

How much did your dealer charge you?

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My boy painted my Calipers. I went with Blue.

It was between Gold but I got free Blue Lugs so I wanted to match it. Even my Valve Caps are blue.

I'll post pics later.

lopperman

Honda Convert
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Yeap, that's why I'm scared. I read a lot of posts about shops having problems with the back bc of the spoiler, getting things broken, bad installation, missing screws and what not. Some other posts say their shop knew about the spoiler but they did it very pro. And others said the shop didn't even have to remove the spoiler bc the tint was computer cut out and prepared on a separate mirror or glass before applying it to the car.

How much did your dealer charge you?
The place that tinted my Hatch bought the Hatch window from Honda, so they can pre-cut and mold it perfectly, without having to take anything apart. They have a $75 up charge for Civic hatches, but say they'll drop that once the window ($700) is paid for. You might want to suggest this to your local tint shop.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up my Evo from the body shop, saw this:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! TEzEkp4

felt the pain for the owner, looked so new.
I would probably cry my eyes out if that was my car! I've enjoyed my Civic every day since I bought it but I'm nervous about every penny I put into it because I know it could be totaled in an instant by some crazy driver on the streets. At least that one doesn't look like it's life is over yet. It'll just have a scar on its record for the rest of its life :(

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The place that tinted my Hatch bought the Hatch window from Honda, so they can pre-cut and mold it perfectly, without having to take anything apart. They have a $75 up charge for Civic hatches, but say they'll drop that once the window ($700) is paid for. You might want to suggest this to your local tint shop.
I will adviced them to that, but I still don't want that shop to do my hatch since it looks like I would be the first they do. I don't want to be the guinea hatch lol

Last edited:

M1joachim

New Honda owner!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
wouldnt touch that with 10 ft pole. Dont go cheap on your tuner. Ktuner and Hondata are the way to go
Thanks. I figured, but i was curious as I'd never seen it before.

jbrandona119

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I hit a deer the other day... Couldn't have avoided it. More like it hit me...

I haven't even made a payment on it yet :(

The side panel is keeping the passenger door from opening. It also rubs against the wheel on tiny bumps. I need a new hood, panel, headlight, bumper... I'm so sad. Obviously it could've been worse but it's been a decade since I hit any animal. It sucks.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! GVpkL4O_d

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The side panel is keeping the passenger door from opening. It also rubs against the wheel on tiny bumps. I need a new hood, panel, headlight, bumper... I'm so sad. Obviously it could've been worse but it's been a decade since I hit any animal. It sucks.

Oh Deer! That hurts. :cry:

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Nooo!!! Ahhh man sorry to hear that!

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I was able to wash the car, it had been awhile. Full detail on the outside. Tried the Meguiars Utlimate Wax and really liked it. I was also able to add the exhaust tip from Sundely. More stuff to come.

CivicX1-7-15-17.jpeg
CivicX2_7-15-17.jpeg
CivicX3_7-15-17.jpeg
CivicX4-7-15-17.jpeg
CivicX5_7-15-17.jpeg
can you post a link to exhaust tip? thanks

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
1. Handling is noticeably better, turning and going around corners are a lot more fun than before. Made a big difference in a good way, even with the 2 inch drop. I like the springs. I probably would try out the coil overs for this car in a year or two.

2. Overall experience is that I feel more in control of the road and know I can switch lanes if needed. The suspension is a lot more comfortable than I expected and it is better than before specially now that I am running on lower psi. It can get a little bouncy on a road that has a little dip but it does not scuff anywhere. I will try running higher psi again if someone needs more info on that. We do know that it is a lot rougher running higher psi though. I prefer the current psi as it has reduced road noise and absorbs more of impact better.

3. I have noticed that my mileage went up a little. I currently have over 1k miles recorded on my trip A and have noticed that my mileage got better. I have not checked it in actual MPG on a daily basis but I fill up longer than before since most of the time, it rolls more freely compared before. Back then, after letting go of the gas, it would not roll as far as it does now. I was running 45 psi all around before since I have the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT 245/35 tires but I am currently running 35 front and 38 back.

4. No, the wheels are not touching any part of the car when driving. Note that I am running on TSW 19x8.5 My Kuya who installed it, tested it himself and was surprised that there is no rubbing at all. I have documented just 2 times in my dash cam that it had a slight touch on the road itself. It was when I was entering the freeway and did not realized that there was a sudden drop on the road and there were a lot of potholes up ahead. The second was a deep and wide pothole on an area where I was not familiar with. Checked the bottom splash guards and nothing to worry about. Normal humps, I though I had to do the left or right first then follow but I do not have to do that. I can just slowly go over the humps like I normally would. Long lower humps are even better. The one I dislike the most are those little long bumps on some road that I think is covering some piping, those are the worst and they are narrow, around 2 inch thick and about 1.5 inches high. I do however pay more close attention to rail tracks on some streets. (the ones that are within city streets) some areas have some deeper missing road and not flushed flat. Those are the 2nd ones that you would feel the difference in terms of how the suspension is taking the sudden change in the terrain.

Extra info: I still run the car fully loaded with 5 adults and still no rubbing or scuffing. I get a lot more praises and questions regarding what I have done to my car that it stands out a lot more than the other ones they have seen on the road. I feel that I accelerate a lot faster with minimal press on the gas. I think that it will have a lot more pros on comfort on 18 inch wheels due to the nature of their thickness. I like how low it is and the elderly that I take with me once in a while appreciated the drop since it is less hassle for their aching knees. I have to be careful now since the car is lower than the curbs and curb block. I have trained myself to eyeball it as close as possible and have yet to hit one in the future. (hopefully not) I do like that this car is not too long so parking is not affected. My house has a steep and narrow entryway to my parking and garage but there is also no scuffing going straight.

PS: I am not a professional and only answering the questions based on what I know and what I have experienced firsthand. If I have worded some things wrong, let me know. I drive multiple cars from different brands so I know the feeling of having different heights and suspension setup.

My bad for the long post. Moving along. :hide:

thanks a lot for the detailed response! I really appreciate it!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.