First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Financial status? Eh, then they shouldn't be driving a new car if pockets are that hurt lol
I don't agree with that, I'm driving my new car but it doesn't mean I need to have a spare lump sum of money to fix an expensive damage. Not everybody has that kind of money, and those who don't like me don't have to be deiving old cars either. IMO.
Sponsored

_forjio066

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX , 2005 Honda Accord EX
I don't agree with that, I'm driving my new car but it doesn't mean I need to have a spare lump sum of money to fix an expensive damage. Not everybody has that kind of money, and those who don't like me don't have to be deiving old cars either. IMO.
OK lol

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Geesh!! Sorry that happened to you! That is alot of back and forth, specially already dealing with the fact it was stolen! I had a friend who with through with getting his car fixed through one of those sketchy side shops the insurance claimed they worked with, and some of the parts didn't even match with the vehicle. Hope everything turned out for the best with your car though?
Well yeah at the end OEM and dealer replaced it but I had to come up with the money, and dump that insurance lol

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let's just
Yeah guess it really just comes down to insurance really and how good of coverage you have
I actually had full cover with sone addons, but I did f-up with the deductible, my deductible was way to high (1k) so when I wanted the insurance co to pay the other $800 they refused because they fount a cheaper shop with aftermarket parts and the total would've been $980 or something like that, so that way they didn't need to pay a cent. If my deductible was lower they didn't have a choise but to pay but either way they would've wanted to pay the aftermarket vs the OEM.

zombie_yuri

First Name
Yuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Same bro

_forjio066

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX , 2005 Honda Accord EX
Let's just

I actually had full cover with sone addons, but I did f-up with the deductible, my deductible was way to high (1k) so when I wanted the insurance co to pay the other $800 they refused because they fount a cheaper shop with aftermarket parts and the total would've been $980 or something like that, so that way they didn't need to pay a cent. If my deductible was lower they didn't have a choise but to pay but either way they would've wanted to pay the aftermarket vs the OEM.
It's pretty annoying how insurance companies work..always trying to find loop holes. Hopefully you went with a much lower deductible this time around with your new insurer.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's pretty annoying how insurance companies work..always trying to find loop holes. Hopefully you went with a much lower deductible this time around with your new insurer.
Oh yeah, my new insurer gives me better coverage, lower deducible ($50, yes $950 less than my previous company:headbang:) and I pay like $20 more a month but completly worth it.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah, my new insurer gives me better coverage, lower deducible ($50, yes $950 less than my previous company:headbang:) and I pay like $20 more a month but completly worth it.
nice! here in CA we have the choice on what shop does the repairs.... i believe that's for everyone regardless of insurance company....

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
The only thing that makes waking at 4:30 am totally worth it.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20170711_064913

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice! here in CA we have the choice on what shop does the repairs.... i believe that's for everyone regardless of insurance company....
In Illinois it is the same thing. If the insurance company tries to get us to go to a specific shop, the state calls it "steering" and it is illegal. We get to choose whichever repair shop we want. Imagine that! Something IL government is good for!

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Eh, true.
But with such a new car, most would rather get it fixed sooner rather than later. Been almost two months since I've seen it this way. Up to the owner to go through with getting it fixed, even if it wasnt their fault.
Same thing for my former Sc300 that I traded in. One time within the first 6 months of owning, a road rager threw a big piece of concrete broken off from a sidewalk, carried it up to where my car was parked (with me inside facing forward and not aware) and threw it upon the backside leaving a big mini-crater type dent. It was the first dent, as well as first ding since the body was just about perfect except the bumpers.

Another time another road rage incident once again, it was a hit and run where the car next to me did a pit maneuver and then made a quick u-turn, stopped and then sped off.

Now I do agree that things happen but I would never risk getting close to anything like that in this car. It's a different mentality with this car where you avoid and take the high road on everything including parking next to cars which I avoid.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.