What did you do to your Civic today?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
I thought of that aswell but I want a gloss black finish. Usually when i see plastidip it seems matte black, do they have gloss?
I believe you can order the black trim pieces from the LX or you can vinyl wrap them gloss black.

FK7_VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
You can spray plasti dip glossifier over the regular dip to get a low gloss. The more you spray, the more gloss it will have.
Body shop I go to is usually pretty good on prices. If the quote is too high I think ill just go with your idea since I can just peel it off if I ever want to. Thanks!

FK7_VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I believe you can order the black trim pieces from the LX or you can vinyl wrap them gloss black.
LX is chrome too, only sport models have it black. I thought about the wrap too but I want to put a visor on it and don't want to risk the visor removing some of it if I ever choose to take it off, also I'm horrible when it comes to sticking shit on can barely put on a screen protector without messing it up lol

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Received my Progress Rear Anti Sway bar today.

Can't wait to get this bar installed!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! ima

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
was that hard to do?
Nope, behind the sliding piece of the console is a trim piece, that pries back toward the back seat and will come off backward. There are 2 c-clips through a bar, take one off, slide the bar out one side, take the sliding piece off. Put the new one on and put the bar back in, then put the c-clamp back on and the trim piece back.

For the sides they literally pop upward and you just pop the new ones on. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get that console trim piece off but after that it was maybe 5 minutes.

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag

Ace hardware cuz autozone didn't have anything similar to what I was looking for

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
No rattling sound while driving?
Just about to take it out on a drive, will update you in about 20 minutes

Edit: very, I mean very minor key noise on bumpy roads of freeway (way better than cup holder noise when turning and accelerating) and it isn't constant. no key noise during sharp turns, acceleration, or deceleration. I had the music off, windows up, and ac off to listen for noise. In regular conditions you won't hear it at all
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.