Status
Not open for further replies.

GC2tone32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I like the smokey look, which film did you use? Link?
The guy that tinted my windows gave me some thicker tint to use on taillights and side markers, so that's what I used. Unfortunately I don't know what kind it is.

This is both of them done. I'll drive around a few days with it on and see how I feel about it. My last car had the whole taillight tinted and just the reverse area was left clear, so I guess I wanted to try the opposite on this car. Not sure how I feel about them because I do think the clear looks nice. We shall see.....

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_5820.JPG
Sponsored

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it's not bad...kinda like it. It matches with the black plastic parts and reflectors in de bumper.

wingnut171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The guy that tinted my windows gave me some thicker tint to use on taillights and side markers, so that's what I used. Unfortunately I don't know what kind it is.

This is both of them done. I'll drive around a few days with it on and see how I feel about it. My last car had the whole taillight tinted and just the reverse area was left clear, so I guess I wanted to try the opposite on this car. Not sure how I feel about them because I do think the clear looks nice. We shall see.....

IMG_5820.JPG
Looks good

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_5820.JPG
Now I'm thinking you need to dip the emblem and Civic badge to match

Justinr1324

Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback LX 6sp MT
Country flag
A few days later, put in OPT-7 Fluxbeam X LED headlights. It's a MUST if you have an LX, those headlights aren't bright at all. Install: 10 min and some zip ties, idiot-proof.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_0026.JPG

Kasai808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

IMG_5820.JPG
For some reason, the tinted interior makes the red outside look more "bulged" out. Maybe because the tint makes the inside area look "deeper". This is not a criticism, just a humble self observation

GC2tone32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Now I'm thinking you need to dip the emblem and Civic badge to match
Your right, I'm just nervous to do it cuz I've never messed with dip and wouldn't know how to do it. Do people take the emblem and civic badge off or just tape around it and spray them in the car?and if they are taking the badges off, how hard is it to take off and secure them back on?

Kasai808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It is really easy to use plasti dip. Just mask off around the letters (no need to get right up against the edges) and then use something to cover the rest of the immediate areas of he car. I use drop paint plastic coverings for carpets. Then start to spray in even coats with the first being extremely thin. Small light multiple layers to build up the thickness. Wait 20-30 min between coats and do many layers. The thicker the dip, the easier it is to peel. Use toothpicks to get the peeling started in the tight areas and pull slowly around the edges. If thick enough, it should peel perfectly along the sharp edges. Here are close ups on how the edges should turn out.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_1305.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_1306.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_1307.JPG

Last edited:

GC2tone32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
It is really easy to use plasti dip. Just mask off around the letters (no need to get right up against the edges) and then use something to cover the rest of the immediate areas of he car. I use drop paint plastic coverings for carpets. Then start to spray in even coats with the first being extremely thin. Small light multiple layers to build up the thickness. Wait 20-30 min between coats and do many layers. The thicker the dip, the easier it is to peel. Use toothpicks to get the peeling started in the tight areas and pull slowly around the edges. If thick enough, it should peel perfectly along the sharp edges. Here are close ups on how the edges should turn out.

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

Wow that looks amazing. I'm guessing you put some sort of masking tape literally in between the letters to get it so perfect or does the "toothpicks" serve as your cutting tool around the letters?

Status
Not open for further replies.