Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
How's your rear window? There's a thread with people having issues with light refraction. I'm was going to do mine until I saw that thread.
Yes there is some refraction... However, i already noticed the refraction without the tint... My understanding is that it is because Honda uses slightly thicker (cheaper) defrost elements and this coupled with the slope of the rear window causes the refraction. So for me, I went ahead and did it anyway. That being said, the refraction I am noticing is not as bad as some of the photos I have seen and it is the same amount of refraction I noticed before getting the tint. The tint is fresh and you can still see the solution used during application (can't wipe that off for a little while until the tint completely dries out and cures)... The picture atttached makes it look a lot worse than it actually is with the naked eye (Sorry, phone camera has been getting worse and worse). I will take another picture in a week or so after I can clean the inside of my Windows.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMAG3056_1

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering how hard is it to switch? How long did it take?
Very easy, took 20 minutes. Just a matter of changing bulbs, no wiring changes involved. It's in the owners manual DVD how to change them.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a bit of a newbie at this; are there LED bulbs like this that would work in place of the halogen headlights, or do we need to stick with halogen replacements or HID kits?
Those are in place of the fog/driving lights in the lower bumper. No clue if there are LED's that could replace your headlights if you have a lower trim than a Touring. Sorry. Dealership service department might know? It would help to start with the size bulb you need. That should tell you what the options are for the size bulb. The driving lights are H8, which offers an LED replacement size

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
How's your rear window? There's a thread with people having issues with light refraction. I'm was going to do mine until I saw that thread.
So the tint has had a couple more days to cure and I noticed driving home today that the light refraction is much less in the back window... Headlights are only lighting up a few extra defroster elements vertically and with much less intensity. Hopefully it disappears all together given a little more time.

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
I'm a bit of a newbie at this; are there LED bulbs like this that would work in place of the halogen headlights, or do we need to stick with halogen replacements or HID kits?
Replacing headlight bulbs with LED bulbs is highly discouraged. Heat issues, light output issues etc. This is discussed earlier in this thread and others. HID or "white" halogens are the way to go.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Replacing headlight bulbs with LED bulbs is highly discouraged. Heat issues, light output issues etc. This is discussed earlier in this thread and others. HID or "white" halogens are the way to go.
LED is a very cool bulb, coolest there is, ever touch for example LED christmas lights? Completely cool to the touch no matter how long they are on. Regular bulbs throw a TON of heat.

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
LED is a very cool bulb, coolest there is, ever touch for example LED christmas lights? Completely cool to the touch no matter how long they are on. Regular bulbs throw a TON of heat.
That may be true for certain bulbs, but not all are created equal... I am just going by what some of my "car guy" friends tell me from their experiences... They do NOT recommend replacing headlights designed for halogen bulbs with LED bulbs. I will defer to any electrical engineers and to other threads with much more technical information on the matter.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That may be true for certain bulbs, but not all are created equal... I am just going by what some of my "car guy" friends tell me from their experiences... They do NOT recommend replacing headlights designed for halogen bulbs with LED bulbs. I will defer to any electrical engineers and to other threads with much more technical information on the matter.
I can't advise either. All I know is I changed over the fogs, to LED to match the touring headlights, cool to the touch and look nice IMHO.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.