What did you do to your Civic today?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
This is incorrect. The bulb color behind a red lens should always be red. If you put white light (especially a brighter LED) behind a red lens you'll get a reddish-orange light output.
Sure..... Soo honda must have made a mistake when they put a white ( clear bulb ) in mine?.. Maybe i should take it to the dealership.. U know theres literally no such thing as a red light emitting filament? Its created by putting red glass or plastic or whatnot on top of the light emmiter.. Kinda what the red plastic does... But sure keep at at...

Just so you know.. It does not make it orange.. And also please make a note that a bulb in red is dimmed due to the color.. Then it going thru another red will make it even dimmer...

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
This is incorrect. The bulb color behind a red lens should always be red. If you put white light (especially a brighter LED) behind a red lens you'll get a reddish-orange light output.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 14911592961991872115896

For referrence.. This is what the engineers at honda put behind the 3rd brake light.. I suggest u start calling your dealer to get this mistake fixed... After that ask for a tsb to be created and then start calling toyota, nissan, ford, hyundai, chevrolet, etc...... And let them know they are and have been making a huge mistake for years and that they need to also get there engineers eyes checked as they cant see the fact that there brake lights are emitting an orange light amd not red.. And the rest of the world is colorblind at this point due to the magical spell everyone else was put under to make them see red light instead of orange...

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
[ATT
For referrence.. This is what the engineers at honda put behind the 3rd brake light.. I suggest u start calling your dealer to get this mistake fixed... After that ask for a tsb to be created and then start calling toyota, nissan, ford, hyundai, chevrolet, etc...... And let them know they are and have been making a huge mistake for years and that they need to also get there engineers eyes checked as they cant see the fact that there brake lights are emitting an orange light amd not red.. And the rest of the world is colorblind at this point due to the magical spell everyone else was put under to make them see red light instead of orange...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_8763.GIF

Rudyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport hatchback

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure..... Soo honda must have made a mistake when they put a white ( clear bulb ) in mine?.. Maybe i should take it to the dealership.. U know theres literally no such thing as a red light emitting filament? Its created by putting red glass or plastic or whatnot on top of the light emmiter.. Kinda what the red plastic does... But sure keep at at...

Just so you know.. It does not make it orange.. And also please make a note that a bulb in red is dimmed due to the color.. Then it going thru another red will make it even dimmer...
14911592961991872115896.jpg

Wow, that was unnecessary. I don't generally respond to inane arguments, but this is too good to pass on. The only thing more irritating than your arrogance and sarcasm is your horrible grammar and spelling. Not to mention the complete disregard for sentence structure, capitalization, punctuation, etc. Not a great start if you're attempting to be a reliable source of information.

First of all, the point behind his question is because he is interested in upgrading the lighting on his car; not keeping it stock. Mine had a clear bulb behind the lens as well. All of the brake lights do. With a halogen light behind a red lens it isn't that noticeable, considering the lower light output and the lower color temperature; around 3,200k. When you get into replacing those with LEDs (which was the point of the question), you'll generally run into a brighter light output and color temperatures around 5,000k. The increased brightness coupled with the higher color temperature will begin to wash out the red and make it orange, or even pink. Depends on the color temperature and brightness of the bulb used. These hues are especially noticeable if he, as you originally mentioned, used a white light for the 3rd brake light and red LEDs for the others. The contrast between the brake lights makes it much more noticeable.

Also, no, there isn't a red light producing filament. This is irrelevant to what we were talking about: replacing his lights with LEDs. There are plenty of sources for red-light emitting LEDs.

So if you're replacing your brake bulbs with LEDs, use red. That's the best way to do it, and the very reason the LED bulb manufacturers make a specific red light output LED for use with brakes. Heck, it even says it right on the box. Stop misinforming people by giving wrong information as fact.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
View attachment 32501 View attachment 32502 View attachment 32501 View attachment 32502
IMG_0440.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG
View attachment 32508 Wash , installed finally my volk racing VR g2 19x8.5 all around , 35 offset with 245/35/19 tires. Perfect fit
IMG_0434.JPG
GREAT contrast on your car. I really like the sport hatchback wheels, but those Volks are even better. I think your car is one of the best looking white ones on here. You have quite a few mods, and they're all tastefully done without detracting from the original design.

:respect:

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gorgeous :love:

hondo

Threads