What did you do to your Civic today?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
I ordered a kit from Ebay that contains the proper LED's for the interior lights, license plate lights and trunk lights, 14.99 for all the bulbs in a pack, free shipping.
I also hit 41mpg today and I only have 271 miles :)
41mpg already? Very nice.

Please post some pics when you've installed the LEDs. Always love the look and feel of proper interior lights.
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Today I let my boss take my Touring for a little drive. He was very impressed and likes it better than his 2015 Camaro!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
41mpg already? Very nice.

Please post some pics when you've installed the LEDs. Always love the look and feel of proper interior lights.
Will do, I'll try to remember to post a link to ebay vendor. They have pics of the conversion. But I need to find the driving lamps

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got new tires today. The Firestone tires that came on my Touring were garbage. They hydroplaned all over the place. So no brainer they would also suck in snow. The only thing they had going for them was they were quiet.
With the new tires on, much better traction and it's still very quiet. They took my tires off and gave me 75 bucks each for them credit toward the new set. I was debating between 2 different models of Toyo, a Nexxen, made with Michelin and Mastercraft which is made by Cooper.

I went with Mastercraft tires, they are made by Cooper tires. 65 thousand mile warranty, which is pretty good for a low profile tire. They are the perfect blend of quiet ride, good handling and excellent traction. Nice open sidewalls so the water and or snow doesnt stay clogged in the middle treads. Town Fair Tire offers a 30 day tire test drive, so if I end up not liking them they will give me a credit towards a different set of tires. But so far I think they are excellent.

Last edited:

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I got new tires today. The Firestone tires that came on my Touring were garbage. They hydroplanes all over the place. So no brained they would also suck in snow. The only thing they had going for them was they were quiet.
With the new tires on, much better traction and it's still very quiet. They took my tires off and gave me 75 bucks each for them credit toward the new set.
The tires are definitely one weak spot of the car.

What tires did you get? This wasn't through the dealership was it?

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
I got new tires today. The Firestone tires that came on my Touring were garbage. They hydroplanes all over the place. So no brained they would also suck in snow. The only thing they had going for them was they were quiet.
With the new tires on, much better traction and it's still very quiet. They took my tires off and gave me 75 bucks each for them credit toward the new set.
nice.... sounds like a good deal to me.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The tires are definitely one weak spot of the car.

What tires did you get? This wasn't through the dealership was it?
No, I went to a local chain called Town Fair Tire. I went with Mastercraft tires, they are made by Cooper. They are the perfect balance between quiet, handling and excellent traction. I have a 30 day free test drive to check them out. I just need to call the dealership and find out if this voids my tire warranty. The sidewalls on the Firestones that came on my car were closed, which means suck in snow and rain, but completely silent ride. The Mastercrafts I chose have a nice agressive tread and open side walls and they ride really nice and quiet. Very happy with them. And they handle well also.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
nice.... sounds like a good deal to me.
Omg, so many typos in my posting LOL too late to edit it unfortunately. I really do know to spell and use proper grammar LOL
So much for making posts using my cell phone LOL Damn auto correct! LOL

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Got 15% tint all around and a 12in Kenwood with a active line converter to tap of the rear speakers. Sounds like whole a different system now :)
What type and wattage amp are you using to power your kenwood?

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Question on adding optional Honda accessories. I purchased my vehicle about a month ago and if I want to add illuminated door sills now - do you I just contact the dealership for a quote? Do Honda prices on the accessories include install or should I expect about a 50-100% mark-up for installation beyond the price of the component? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Question on adding optional Honda accessories. I purchased my vehicle about a month ago and if I want to add illuminated door sills now - do you I just contact the dealership for a quote? Do Honda prices on the accessories include install or should I expect about a 50-100% mark-up for installation beyond the price of the component? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
You can buy a Honda accessory from any dealership / parts supplier. Then you can either install it yourself, pay a dealership to install it (at their listed hourly rate), or have another shop install it. Labor rates vary, but expect dealer service department rates to be among the highest. My dealership warranties OEM accessories they install even if the part was not purchased from them.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! ima
Just went over 4000 miles. And I have about 300 more to go today.

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex 2012 Odyssey Lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found out that some idiot dented my passenger side door and chipped some of my paint last night!!!!! :banghead::cry:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.