First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had a head start in a quarter mile street race with this beast in my LX with the econ button off last night. Lets just say I showed him not to race me anymore...Because im sure he's not done laughing. =(

20161204_202434.jpg
I'm sure you smoked him!
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Picked up my 17 Civic Touring today, any quick tip or suggestions as to what to do to it first
14819072030331478935112.jpg
Play with the infotainment... Alot.. If you have android dissable car play.. If you have apple dissable android auto. Seems to free up some ram.. Then if you wanna spend some money id start with lighting.. Interior i like the sylvania osram bulbs.. Exterior theres lots of choices

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
It is very easy, they say 30 minutes, it took me 40 which included gathering up the tools and taking my time. The only issue I had was the stock PCV hose didn't want to let go of the manifold so I had to split each end of it where it connects to loosen it enough to come off. Getting the Mishimoto bracket bolted to the firewall is a bit awkward, just take your time and don't drop any bolts.
Did the fix the issuebwith the fuel smell over time? Think it had to do with it permeating thru the hose material

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
Did the fix the issuebwith the fuel smell over time? Think it had to do with it permeating thru the hose material
I haven't smelled anything, I read his post about it and used the supplied Mishimoto hoses anyway. Even getting under the hood after a drive I'm smelling no fuel or oil smell.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't smelled anything, I read his post about it and used the supplied Mishimoto hoses anyway. Even getting under the hood after a drive I'm smelling no fuel or oil smell.
Good to. Hear.. Il check with you in a few months.. But it looks like the changed the hose material to me..

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Did you get ur clear sides from ijdmtoy? They were a perfect fit as they are original honda parts but god i was ready to kill someone on the passenger side... The plastic clip didnt wanna "click" in for an hour.. Then finally i pushed it in amd it did.. I was like wtf... Only took 5 pushes in on the drivers side and it clicked.. Passangers side had to be abiut 300 pushes in...
No, some random seller on ebay lol

Mine clicked easily. No issues with the install.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Today I spent half the day at the Service department :(, I met with a Honda Engineer to have him hear the doors vibrating by the tweeters, the rear deck vibration, the issues with my remote start etc.
He agreed none of that is normal, they ordered new tweeters and new panels for the doors, don't know when they will be in. Have to take it back in a week or 2 to have them do more diagnostic on the remote start, ran out of time today. They aren't sure what they will do with the back deck yet, but they put in sound dampening and it worked for a while but the vibration is back again. :(
I also pointed out that my windshield looks sand blasted at 19K miles, he said there is no difference in the glass than any other car, but it may be the aerodynamics of the nose that is making the glass get more sand blasted at it than say a CRV or Crosstour (which I've owned both).
While I was waiting I started chatting with a sales person and right now they have some ridiculously great deals on 2016 CRV's because the 2017's just landed. They have 118 2016 CRV's to get rid of ASAP.
Told them run me some numbers and get back to me tomorrow.
Tomorrow we are getting 6"+ of heavy wet snow, and I admit I do miss having a CRV and just driving over the snow versus shoveling the crap. The Civic is sexy and sporty and all, but it can't touch a CRV in snow.

The engineer thinks some of the reason I'm having trouble is I bought literally the first Touring that landed at the dealership last year. Since then there have been many production changes that fixed issues. (curse of the early adopters)
In comparison to a 2017 Touring sedan, no rattles no issues like mine has had. We could blow the doors off with the speakers and no vibrations at all.
Mine has been doing this for 1 year and 2 days since I bought it, and I'm getting sick of taking my car in to the dealership. Don't get me wrong I love the dealership, but I'd rather not see them so much! Couple times a year for oil changes would be my preference. I've been in there at least 8 times for things to get fixed or diagnosed in the last 1 year and 2 days plus 2 oil changes. Hopefully they can come up with some good numbers for me and I'll get a CRV and laugh at snow again! :headbang:
My car also alerted me 2 days ago that my maps are out of date, and it's time to fork over some cash to update the maps. WTF Honda? :doh:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my 17 Civic Touring today, any quick tip or suggestions as to what to do to it first
First thing I did was tint my windows, buy the OEM Honda high wall matts, mud guards, and put on the window visors after the tint cured. I also had clear film put on the hood and the headlights to protect them from chipping.

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

P4Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Sonic Gray, 2018 Honda Accord EX-l 2.0 Turbo, 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1965 GMC Pickup, 2009 KTM Enduro 690R

I would just drive it a lot. That is what I would do first.
Enjoy It!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.