Not open for further replies.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I grieved for my Civic Touring today. I have been tracking my baby by VIN# for a few weeks now. This morning I was advised that Honda Canada had to take her off life support. Apparently about 20 of the first born at the Allison plant had the same problem and were all put to sleep.

I have a new VIN# now and hope to take delivery by the end of the week. I had bought a new dash cam for #101000, hope it (DOD LS360W) fits the new baby.
Sponsored

Last edited:

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I grieved for my Civic Touring today. I have been tracking my baby by VIN# for a few weeks now. This morning I was advised that Honda Canada had to take her off life support. Apparently about 20 of the first born at the Allison plant had the same problem and were all put to sleep.

I have a new VIN# now and hope to take delivery by the end of the week. I had bought a new dash cam for #101000, hope it (DOD LS360W) fits the new baby.
Sorry to hear about your original baby. It had a cool VIN too. Seems like you've been waiting for your car for a LONG time, but sounds like you'll have your car very soon!

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Long story short it was the exact last 6 numbers, 101000, as my wife's 2016 HRV. We would have had twins!

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
You'd think theyd place the camera under the plate area a little bit more. Nighttime+rain=useless rear camera. Good thing I don't really rely on the back up cam for anything but to see how close I am to the car
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20151207_204703
behind me (I always park reversed) or to see if there are any people walking.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad

Can you share more info? Mine is 100963 so you're worrying me a little. My original pick's VIN was even lower and as far as I know it has still not arrived at the dealer, maybe same issue?

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you share more info? Mine is 100963 so you're worrying me a little. My original pick's VIN was even lower and as far as I know it has still not arrived at the dealer, maybe same issue?
Not to worry, I was assured it was something QA caught immediately and corrected. Imagine they were running things very slow for the first dozen or two. My replacement was made just a bit after yours.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Not to worry, I was assured it was something QA caught immediately and corrected. Imagine they were running things very slow for the first dozen or two. My replacement was made just a bit after yours.
They will run the first the same exact way they ran others and those numbers don't go in order at least not for the crv I have a job building them and I have not been able to figure out any order that the number goes in it bounces all over the place and about them scrapping the first cars my guess is something went wrong in the build process and they pulled them from the line and will rebuild them eventually it happens quite a bit

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My scrapped vehicle was shown on dealer printouts as built and released for dealer delivery. Not familiar at all about how Honda codes build and delivery status.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Nice upgrade. Did you get better performing tires too?
70,000 mile Goodyear Assurance touring.

17x7 wheels

215/50-17 tires

As close to the original circumference as possible.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.