Not open for further replies.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I'm moving to VA (Winchester) in Dec. and I kid you not (https://www.winchesterva.gov/public-works/snow-policy-procedures) they "require" ;) snow tires or you can be fined.

They help, for sure - but I'm not buying new tires. I was fine last winter with stock tires, including that giant-ass blizzard last year (I had 40 inches)
Wow in Winchester??? Really???? I had no idea but I guess that makes sense since the western areas tend to get more snow than the city. That big azz blizzard last year was a mess!

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
The summer/winter tire changeover happens in both Canada and in mostly your northern, central time zone and northern, east coast states. I'd say the issue affects more Americans than Canadians as your overall population is about 10 times larger than ours. In Vancouver, we have relatively mild winters compared with places east of us. It does snow, but not like in cities like Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, etc. It's mostly rain here in the wintertime but does get cold so the softer compound and more aggressive tread patterns of winter tires does give an advantage in terms of handling and braking when compared to all season or summer tires.

Tire change over, especially at Costco, can be a bit of a pain in the ass since they don't take appointments here in Vancouver and it's on a first come, first served basis. That means that the line for the tire centre can begin at 5am with the tire shop opening a few hours later. Bring a book, magazine, or watch a movie on your phone to pass the time. The only time Costco will make an appointment with you is when you order tires on line and have them delivered to one of their warehouses. Otherwise, you have to get there early and get in line.

I have a friend who lives in Kalamazoo, MI, and he also recently did a change over to winter tires as well.
No appointments??? That sucks. Thanks for the explanation. I usually don't drive in snow and in this area, the mention of snow will shut down EVERYTHING...including the government! Lol

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No appointments??? That sucks. Thanks for the explanation. I usually don't drive in snow and in this area, the mention of snow will shut down EVERYTHING...including the government! Lol
Haha so true...but some people *raises hand* are fine with fed gov shutting down for an inch lmao

I gotta find pics from the blizzard...my car was completely covered. I could see a corner of the taillight. I like snow, snow days are great, but no thx to that crap again.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All my applicator pads were supposed to arrive yesterday but still didn't come. I didn't want to wait so just gave it a good old wash and did a bit of testing of claying and sealing the front hood.

Need to go back out to dry the wheels and to put some nice dressing on them.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20161020_164518

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20161020_170951

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20161020_171004

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20161020_171015

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20161020_171026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Honda Civic Touring
Snow around the Greater Vancouver area usually causes chaos as well as we are not used to it like other parts of Canada. Most people prepare for it, but unfortunately, there are many people who don't know how to drive in the snow. There are times when 2 inches of snow will cripple the city, cause major traffic mayhem, and cause schools and businesses to shut down. I know other Canadians laugh at us for our inability to function in the snow.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All my applicator pads were supposed to arrive yesterday but still didn't come. I didn't want to wait so just gave it a good old wash and did a bit of testing of claying and sealing the front hood.

Need to go back out to dry the wheels and to put some nice dressing on them.

20161020_164518.jpg

20161020_170951.jpg

20161020_171004.jpg

20161020_171015.jpg

20161020_171026.jpg
Foam cannon? Jealous of how even the soap looks...

Edit: Duh, it's right there in the pic. :doh:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Foam cannon? Jealous of how even the soap looks...

Edit: Duh, it's right there in the pic. :doh:
Yup. Grabbed one off Amazon for $16. No need to spend $50+ dollars for the super expensive ones.

J4Berg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Agean Blue
Country flag
Well Ive been away for a little while. In the mean time I haven't done shit to the touring. I've been busy spending my money on Cleveland Indians tickets enjoying October baseball. Maybe I'll gift myself some new toys for Xmas.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.