Status
Not open for further replies.

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Which features does this set of components support? (Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, backup camera, USB)

I had trouble finding a setup that supported everything.
It supports all that. You can add either the Metra AX-TOYUSB or PAC Audio USB-TY1 to retain the stock usb connection.

Hmoobgreen

First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback sport
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! {filename}
Was in the mail when I got home today! My Sport is getting a much needed upgrade!!

Pioneer AVH- X4800BS
Metra ABMW-124 wire kit
Atena adaptor
Metra PBT-1015 dash kit
Please post up how it goes, I was eyeing this awhile back but wasn't sure

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well after hours of patience and hard work I'm a little upset with my radio install.... took my time thought I did everything right but my backup camera doesn't work right it comes on randomly but not when I put it in reverse and none of my steering wheel controls work...
@euicho it said it was supposed to support all those except USB but as of right now I'm having troubles
@Hmoobgreen As of right now if you can tell it didn't go too well, I hope I can get help from someone whos has done it and got it to work!

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Well after hours of patience and hard work I'm a little upset with my radio install.... took my time thought I did everything right but my backup camera doesn't work right it comes on randomly but not when I put it in reverse and none of my steering wheel controls work...
@euicho it said it was supposed to support all those except USB but as of right now I'm having troubles
@Hmoobgreen As of right now if you can tell it didn't go too well, I hope I can get help from someone whos has done it and got it to work!
I got you. Here's the wiring I used on my sport for reverse and a good spot for illumination.

You will have to reflash the steering wheel controller and possibly even manually reprogram it. It's been a while but I think I did it using my phone with an OTG adapter and their phone app.

Also you can retain the usb! Look up either the Metra AX-TOYUSB or PAC Audio USB-TY1.

I wired mine under the dash. Annnnd I have pics! (sorry to derail!)

These are behind the drivers side panel under the steering wheel.

Here you can see both connections:
Foreground(blurry), illumination - grey wire on brown plug coming from traction control button.
Background, reverse - green wire on green plug by fuses.

Close up of illumination tap

Close up of the reverse tap

This is on the sport hatch, use at your own risk, multimeter everything to be sure yadda yadda

Hmoobgreen

First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback sport
I hope all goes well

SCUMBAG ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP TOURING
Country flag
went into the dealer yesterday for a oil change...i was experiencing random beeps and screen issues beforehand. so they updated to my knowledge the newest firmware update? Ver.1.F190.25 since the update, i haven't heard any beeps or random screen issues.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! FullSizeRender 7

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got you. Here's the wiring I used on my sport for reverse and a good spot for illumination.

You will have to reflash the steering wheel controller and possibly even manually reprogram it. It's been a while but I think I did it using my phone with an OTG adapter and their phone app.

Also you can retain the usb! Look up either the Metra AX-TOYUSB or PAC Audio USB-TY1.
Looks like I have a project to do once I have some free time and that sounds like all my troubles will be cleaned up, Thank you so much I really appreciate it. Yeah, i read up that people were hooking up the steering wheel controls easy and I was messing with my steering wheel controller for an hour last night trying to program over and over and it never worked.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Installed OEM leather wheel. Dealer wanted $200+ just for labor ... I told them to pound sand.

I have the leather wheel on my EX-L and it's great.

For some reason your steering wheel looks to be missing the aluminum trim piece under the airbag..

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring

For some reason your steering wheel looks to be missing the aluminum trim piece under the airbag..
I didn't notice that in the poster's picture at first, but you are right.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase

The reason for that is because the LX doesn't have that aluminum piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.