What did you do to your Civic today?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
Took it inside garage on a warm Thanksgiving day (almost 57F in Chicago burbs) located acceptable jack points, hosed and cleansed road salt off the bottom. Wasn't much, so it was more exploratory task than necessary. Moved A6 (replaced by Civic) that I will be selling in Spring. Found Easter Egg #1 - love it!! Is there an official "Easter Egg" thread? I heard it was what line of what plant I think that can be learned....

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! EasterEgg1.JPG
Sponsored

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now that you have it home do you still regret the color choice?
Not at all. The MSM just looked much better in person that I had expected. I still prefer the WOP though. For future buyers, I would recommend trying to see each color in person before deciding. The colors these days have a depth and visual texture to them that pictures just don't capture. It's not always an option if the car just came out or the dealer doesn't have much stock.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my Civic a set of winter tires today (Michelin X-Ice 3,205/60R-16), all weather floor mats, door edge film, and spare wiper blade inserts today.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
Took it inside garage on a warm Thanksgiving day (almost 57F in Chicago burbs) located acceptable jack points, hosed and cleansed road salt off the bottom. Wasn't much, so it was more exploratory task than necessary. Moved A6 (replaced by Civic) that I will be selling in Spring. Found Easter Egg #1 - love it!! Is there an official "Easter Egg" thread? I heard it was what line of what plant I think that can be learned....

EasterEgg1.JPG
the trainer for the the sales team says there is another Easter Egg somewhere in the car -he thinks it is in the audio system somewhere but wants anyone that finds it to email him.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I bought my Civic a set of winter tires today (Michelin X-Ice 3,205/60R-16), all weather floor mats, door edge film, and spare wiper blade inserts today.
What are you mounting those on? Did you get a set of 16" LX steel wheels to use with it?

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are you mounting those on? Did you get a set of 16" LX steel wheels to use with it?
That's what I did. Haven't got the vehicle yet but it will have winters on it when delivered.

I was told that the 2016 LX has the first Honda hubcap that doesn't lock on, just clips on. Maybe we'll start seeing Honda hubcaps along side the roads now.

Last edited:

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Yes, I'm going steel and these hubcaps:

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Automotive-WH553-16S-BS-Spyder-Performance/dp/B00V337VNC/

Not the best looking, but as close as I could get to the stock among cheap hubcaps.
Those look pretty good compared to the price of an extra set of Honda alloy rims. I picked up the Honda steel rims and wasn't planning on getting hubcaps as they tend to rust the steelies. I might just change my mind if I find a set as good looking as yours and just repaint the rims more often.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I washed, clayed, polished, and sealed our new WOP Civic. It wasn't easy to do some of the work in my narrow garage. I took some pictures, but the sun had already gone down. I'll try to give her a proper photoshoot tomorrow in the daylight.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! PB270037 Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! PB270038 Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! PB270039 Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! PB270040 Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! PB270042 Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! PB270043 Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! PB270044

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Today I washed, clayed, polished, and sealed our new WOP Civic. It wasn't easy to do some of the work in my narrow garage. I took some pictures, but the sun had already gone down. I'll try to give her a proper photoshoot tomorrow in the daylight.
PB270037.jpg PB270038.jpg PB270039.jpg PB270040.jpg PB270042.jpg PB270043.jpg PB270044.jpg
I love post-detailing shots! That paint looks milky smooth. Did much contaminants come off on the clay? Always wondered how clean the cars are coming from the factory.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love post-detailing shots! That paint looks milky smooth. Did much contaminants come off on the clay? Always wondered how clean the cars are coming from the factory.
Yes, there were at least a few dozens spots that I had to remove with the clay bar. The white color makes them stand out, but after a while I starting seeing spots everywhere even when they weren't there. I had to enlist my wife to help me spot them. I think it took more time finding and removing them than the rest of the detailing process. As a preliminary test I did the plastic bag test and I felt quite a bit of roughness. This is the day after I took delivery from the dealer who "detailed" it. That's when I knew I had to do a complete process to start things off right. I highly recommend it. It took me 3-4 hours total, but the satisfaction is well worth the labor of love. Now I intimately know the curves of the car. I may do another coat of NXT 2.0, pending the outcome of another plastic bag test.

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Yes, there were at least a few dozens spots that I had to remove with the clay bar. The white color makes them stand out, but after a while I starting seeing spots everywhere even when they weren't there. I had to enlist my wife to help me spot them. I think it took more time finding and removing them than the rest of the detailing process. As a preliminary test I did the plastic bag test and I felt quite a bit of roughness. This is the day after I took delivery from the dealer who "detailed" it. That's when I knew I had to do a complete process to start things off right. I highly recommend it. It took me 3-4 hours total, but the satisfaction is well worth the labor of love. Now I intimately know the curves of the car. I may do another coat of NXT 2.0, pending the outcome of another plastic bag test.
Thanks. Just shows you that factory paint prep isn't great. When I get mine, I'll be giving it a full first detailing and sealant right away too.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just shows you that factory paint prep isn't great.
Yeah, until recently I thought that a brand new car was pretty much flawless and nothing needed to be done to it, like a new cell phone out of the box. Now I realize that they are just making the car and putting it out there and the painting process isn't nearly as perfect as I assumed. Plus the cars pick up dirt and grime during transport and from sitting on the lot. The extra step of perfecting the paint is very time consuming and not an extra cost they would do, especially since most buyers either don't know or don't care enough to have that perfection. Even the dealer doesn't want to put in that kind of extra time and labor. It actually works out though, I don't mind spending a few hours on this thing I just spent all this money on. Plus I get to know it a little better.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.