What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Got my snow tire setup. 16" Blizzak WS90s on plain black steelies. Curious to see how much of a difference actual snow tires make. I've lived most of my life in upstate NY, and besides having an AWD SUV for one winter, I've managed to get around mostly OK with FWD cars on all-seasons (I've only driven this Civic in the snow a couple times, not even deep snow, but the factory Sport tires suuuuck in snow). But now I'm working on a steep hill and don't feel like clenching my butthole and being paranoid about sliding down the hill or struggling to get up it, every time I go to and from work. Lol.
If you're like me, you'll love 'em, and you'll never want to be without a winter set again.

I'll give an anecdote: When I went back to my parents' home for winter break, it snowed close to a foot every day for a week. Their driveway, although it's paved and not more than 15 yards long, is sloped up to the house at maybe a 17-20-degree angle.

To get their Camry with all-season tires up the driveway when it's snowy, it needs a running start from across the street so that it could reach the top before the tires lose too much traction. To get my manual-shift EP3 on winter tires up the driveway, all I needed to do was start normally at the bottom, slip the clutch a little at first, and then the car walks itself calmly up the driveway with almost zero wheelspin.

They also make a big difference when stopping and steering, and those will keep you out of trouble as much as anything else.
Sponsored

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
If you're like me, you'll love 'em, and you'll never want to be without a winter set again.

I'll give an anecdote: When I went back to my parents' home for winter break, it snowed close to a foot every day for a week. Their driveway, although it's paved and not more than 15 yards long, is sloped up to the house at maybe a 17-20-degree angle.

To get their Camry with all-season tires up the driveway when it's snowy, it needs a running start from across the street so that it could reach the top before the tires lose too much traction. To get my manual-shift EP3 on winter tires up the driveway, all I needed to do was start normally at the bottom, slip the clutch a little at first, and then the car walks itself calmly up the driveway with almost zero wheelspin.

They also make a big difference when stopping and steering, and those will keep you out of trouble as much as anything else.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying them out and feeling the difference. ?

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
Added a pop of color to the dash and the floor , HFP floor mats and the red dash trim . Really happy with the results , really brightens up the otherwise “dark “ interior .

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) E03F0CC5-802F-4534-9677-6BC1F4389567

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 47FA3286-BB17-4ADF-88CC-FF522CF132AE

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) A009B592-C456-4FCF-92A0-73639A54871A

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
There is a guy on youtube goes by chrisfix and he has two videos- one on how to clean the outside windshield and one on how to clean the inside of so its like 14 steps but it worked! My windshield looks like brand new crystal clear. You use a clay bar on the outside I am gonna test that out on my paint too. He also has one on a flatulence suppressor that uses fans and filters in the seat and he tested it with smoke generators & fart spray - hilarious.

R-36276

First Name
Milo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I typically believe that if you paid for it you can do whatever you want with your car and if you like it then that's all that matters. This one makes me rethink that attitude. And, after all he did for his car he didn't swap out the damn side markers or chrome delete.
I am fine with people doing what they want. Its just the TRD sticker on the front that drove me crazy.

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
So much going on on the front I completely missed that TRD sticker ?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Popped open my hood to compare my 3 year old 30k mile power steering fluid to the fluid I just pulled in my 7 year old 95k mile Odyssey... then learned after a couple minutes of looking for the reservoir with no luck that we have an electric steering rack. So... that’s cool I guess. ?‍♂
Sponsored