What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Those look great.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I know we mostly talk car stuff here but I added a couple of unique pieces to the interior of my house:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20201016_150149666~4

Seriously though, I decided I'll go through winter with my stock wheels and install these 18's in early Spring. I still have tons of tread left on my OEM tires.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my snow tire setup. 16" Blizzak WS90s on plain black steelies. Curious to see how much of a difference actual snow tires make. I've lived most of my life in upstate NY, and besides having an AWD SUV for one winter, I've managed to get around mostly OK with FWD cars on all-seasons (I've only driven this Civic in the snow a couple times, not even deep snow, but the factory Sport tires suuuuck in snow). But now I'm working on a steep hill and don't feel like clenching my butthole and being paranoid about sliding down the hill or struggling to get up it, every time I go to and from work. Lol.

20201016_120206.jpg
I need to see a pic of those things installed! ? Did you at least get hubcaps for them? I understand the practicality of the winter tire set, but yeeow! I'm sure glad I don't live somewhere where I have to try turn my civic into a jeep!

sabanisdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
Today I painted my calipers. Turned out better that I thought it would.
20201016_164057.jpg
Ooh I love this. Not sure if it’s just my phone, but your picture makes the Lime Green look more like the tonic yellow pearl color. Would you say the g2 is a true lime green?

AzGRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ooh I love this. Not sure if it’s just my phone, but your picture makes the Lime Green look more like the tonic yellow pearl color. Would you say the g2 is a true lime green?
Its a brighter lime green. Here is a picture with them taped off. The green tape is the frog painters tape. Hope that helps. To me they are green and not bright yellow in real life.

ETA: It seems its a hard color to capture correctly when I googled it. Although this is not G2, it is the color that looks like to me in real life. http://www.ascartuning.com/foliatec-two-component-brake-neon-green/
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201016_151741

Last edited:

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I need to see a pic of those things installed! ? Did you at least get hubcaps for them? I understand the practicality of the winter tire set, but yeeow! I'm sure glad I don't live somewhere where I have to try turn my civic into a jeep!
Nope. No hubcaps. Lol. While ordering, it let me know that they don't have any hubcaps for those steelies. And honestly, I think hubcaps look cheesy. They remind me of the 90s too much. I mean, the plain steelies are certainly ugly, but I'd rather go with ugly than cheesy. But that's just me.

My main motivator here was money. I just wanted good snow tires, and didn't care about the wheels. I could have just gotten the tires in 18" and had them installed onto my factory Sport wheels (which I love, by the way), but I'd rather have two full sets so I could just switch them out as needed for the seasons. I can easily do that at home. I can't swap tires from wheel to wheel at home easily.

So I'll have to deal with riding on some ugly ass shoes for part of the year. No biggie for me. "Function over beauty", as they say. But I certainly understand those who prefer having both, and just throwing snow tires on some nice wheels.

I'll get some pics up of the functional ugliness after they're installed. ? Still got another month or so before snow is a real concern, though.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope. No hubcaps. Lol. While ordering, it let me know that they don't have any hubcaps for those steelies. And honestly, I think hubcaps look cheesy. They remind me of the 90s too much. I mean, the plain steelies are certainly ugly, but I'd rather go with ugly than cheesy. But that's just me.

If I were to rock the steelies for winter I'd either go with black with chrome center caps a la police cars, or I'd go with paint match and/or striping

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1602950054574

Ooooohhh that chrome center cap

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1602950165645

So bold... you know you wanna do it

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
If I were to rock the steelies for winter I'd either go with black with chrome center caps a la police cars, or I'd go with paint match and/or striping

1602950054574.png

1602950165645.png

So bold... you know you wanna do it
Not really my style. But maybe I'll do something goofy to them for fun. :p

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag

1602950054574.png

Hmm, could be another Bluesmobile (it's got cop wheels).