What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oooo... got another toy in the mail.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) BA422585-41AB-4548-B2B3-03E684DDA8B8

It’s allegedly a quick charger and can charge up to 10w... accepting either 5 or 9v. It was cut perfectly to fit in the car. My hand-me-down iPhone X has a big honkin’ rubber case and it started charging immediately when I put it on there. Kind of surprising... I figured I’d need a new case. Not too shabby for just under $50. The spruce up continues...
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my car, but the cabin is a massive rattle trap.
To you and @charleswrivers. Scary stuff. How in the world does my car have zero rattles??? Dumb luck?

Anyway, I washed my silver bullet today. They chip-sealed our neighborhood earlier this month. It's been a dusty mess. Yesterday they came back and sprayed a topcoat layer of tar oil (?) on top of the stones to lock it in place. And voila no more dust, so I washed her up good. My turtle wax ceramic spray is hanging tough. Best 10 bucks I ever spent on her. Bugs wipe right off, no scrubbing!!! And oh, that gloss!!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think what happened was the earlier model years had limited sound insulation in Hondas effort to reduce weight / eek our more mpgs. Here's a little blurb from an article written regarding the mid-cycle refresh:

"Changes to the cabin include redesigned steering-wheel controls, a center console cupholder that’s better for large drinks, new dashboard trim and extra sound-deadening material".

But yes, in Charles case, it is just a case of bad karma. :p Just kidding.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I have a few rattles in my 20', but they go away after a couple minutes. My wifes 18' has buzzing noises that never go away.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
BA422585-41AB-4548-B2B3-03E684DDA8B8.jpeg

It’s allegedly a quick charger and can charge up to 10w... accepting either 5 or 9v. It was cut perfectly to fit in the car. My hand-me-down iPhone X has a big honkin’ rubber case and it started charging immediately when I put it on there. Kind of surprising... I figured I’d need a new case. Not too shabby for just under $50. The spruce up continues...
I could use one of those. Linky?

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I have a few rattles in my 20', but they go away after a couple minutes. My wifes 18' has buzzing noises that never go away.
My wife often makes buzzing noises that never go away as well:rolleyes:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
BA422585-41AB-4548-B2B3-03E684DDA8B8.jpeg

Lucky...I wish I had seat heaters in my Type R!

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my car, but the cabin is a massive rattle trap.
I’m fortunate I don’t have any rattles in my 2019. I heard interior fit quality was addressed starting in the 2019 models however I see some are having issues with 2020 rattles. Rattles are almost always the thing I use my warranty for, otherwise a car really shouldn’t fail before 36,000 miles. I’ve had vehicles that I had in the shop 3-4 times before they could duplicate the rattles and fix them. My car did have a defective touch screen that was replaced before I took delivery of it.

A good portion of my interior was removed to install the Honda accessories packages etc. so I’m glad it didn’t start rattling from that. Sometimes the simplest things can create a difficult rattle to stop. I want to do the sub and amp upgrade but I don’t want to create a bunch of rattles either.

Now that I’ve got about 2500 miles in on the fuel upgrade system on the E85 oddly it seems to be running really nicely. It may just be getting use to it now and the last mods feel normal now and not new.

My car isn’t a daily so it is mostly in the garage so it’s not heating up and baking in the sun, rain, and snow. (Heating and cooling extremes can create rattles)

I’m really looking forward to the next upgrades and will basically have the car finally done, just not looking forward to the build time, I think I’m one of the most impatient people in the world when it comes to waiting. P600, 2.3L engine build, and twin disc clutch.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m fortunate I don’t have any rattles in my 2019. I heard interior fit quality was addressed starting in the 2019 models however I see some are having issues with 2020 rattles. Rattles are almost always the thing I use my warranty for, otherwise a car really shouldn’t fail before 36,000 miles. I’ve had vehicles that I had in the shop 3-4 times before they could duplicate the rattles and fix them. My car did have a defective touch screen that was replaced before I took delivery of it.

A good portion of my interior was removed to install the Honda accessories packages etc. so I’m glad it didn’t start rattling from that. Sometimes the simplest things can create a difficult rattle to stop. I want to do the sun and amp upgrade but I don’t want to create a bunch of rattles either.

Now that I’ve got about 2500 miles in on the fuel upgrade system on the E85 oddly it seems to be running really nicely. It may just be getting use to it now and the last mods feel normal now and not new.

My car isn’t a daily so it is mostly in the garage so it’s not heating up and baking in the sun, rain, and snow.

I’m really looking forward to the next upgrades and will basically have the car finally done, just not looking forward to the build time, I think I’m one of the most impatient people in the world when it comes to waiting. P600, 2.3L engine build, and twin disc clutch.
BTW... your car is gorgeous. I noticed it when it popped up as the car of the week on the reliability thread. Really stunning.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh and I've got the red interior lights too I love it! I'm told it's like a psych ward in there... to which I reply "Well yes, it IS my car right?"

Question though, what are the little red pieces on the side of your rear diffuser? You've got the mugen kit back there - black instead of red like the rest of the kit which is another curiosity of mine - but then where it wraps around there's that little red piece! What is that?
Absolutely it’s your car make it the way you like it!

the red sides are the red portion of the Mugen rear. The only portion of the Mugen rear diffuser that’s the color of the Mugen body kit is the very sides Since it is a side and not a part of the under spoiler / diffuser. The black portion (the actual diffuser portion) comes black no matter what color you choose The kit in and the rear sides are the color of the kit. it is confusing on King Motorsports website because it shows the entire rear unpainted on their webpage. There’s only certain colors the Mugen comes painted in otherwise you can get it and have it painted any color you’d like, for example you could buy the unpainted kit and match it to your wheels if you wanted.

my concept was to take the red accented pin stripes and basically bring that out more and flipped the wheels red with black detail. So basically create an emphasis on the styling already there.

examples of the kit in other colors are the same:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) E2523130-0DBB-4D1C-BC64-2BADC0BC9BFA

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 508F5D30-5821-49E8-90C6-6B901178E4BB

My color scheme worked out well for the Honda Red, Grey, and Black Carbon Fiber weave for the Type R.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 280F982A-AF70-4885-A307-B31325448B8E

What’s even stranger to me is that no region has all the Honda CF parts available so you have to buy from multiple regions to get them all.

Last edited: