What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Colored mudflaps ftw

trsdrasdasd.jpeg
Dude, I would love some purple flaps. I've been looking for some 1/8" material I can trace the rally armour flaps onto and cut it out but haven't had much luck. What kind are these / where did you get them??? They're so sick on the white, and I assume you have more neon green accents coming which will make it look even crazier!

You need some underglow now ;) get that nice neon green going under there...

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Installed the Type R subframe brace. I forgot to take pictures:headbang:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dorking around with the doors. I found that all those little clipped together sections and the trim fasteners themselves rattled like mad. I wasn’t done with the first one quite yet when I took this but it’s coming along nicely. This is all a first for me but I’m looking forward to seeing the results. Tons of little foam pieces being stuck inbetween everything trying to decouple.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dorking around with the doors. I found that all those little clipped together sections and the trim fasteners themselves rattled like mad. I wasn’t done with the first one quite yet when I took this but it’s coming along nicely. This is all a first for me but I’m looking forward to seeing the results. Tons of little foam pieces being stuck inbetween everything trying to decouple.

I think you have the makings of a new drum set there.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you have the makings of a new drum set there.
Yeah. Trying firm the panels slightly. I’ll tell you: the “money” spots on this door are the little green trim fasteners themselves. If you put a piece of foam the size of a thumbnail or a piece of felt under them... they tighten right up. When I was knocking on it they rattled like crazy. Lots of other little spots where the different trim pieces overlapped and we’re screwed or clipped together needed a little TLC, but those fasteners were the worst.

Here too where the two pieces come together where you put the single Phillips head screw in...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1381C443-3880-4D97-AB64-12814DF45499

Last edited:

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

i appreciate you taking the time to make the video and showing us the differences.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i appreciate you taking the time to make the video and showing us the differences.
Man... I don’t know that I’m that helpful. You can find disassembly/reassembly vids on YouTube easily enough. If you interested in doing this... I did happen upon this I posted on another thread:

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/reference-information/

It gives a good description of the differences and strategies between this deadener (just rubber sheets with an aluminum backer), the closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl (MLV) which is an actual sound blocker I’m not going to use at all. Just want a bit better thunk to the doors and, more importantly, to eliminate rattles. I’m probably overusing the closed cell foam. I’m learning as I go and it’s very validating work if nothing else. It doesn’t take much time/$$$ to see an effect. I’m mostly just using the time to play on something while the weather outside looks like it’s going to rain at any moment. ?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel guilty for taking advantage of your irrational desire for silence. Thanks, though!
Don’t feel guilt. The rattles were driving me to see therapy. Sticking this crap on my car is my version of a counseling session.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F1C129DC-C59B-4C43-ACEF-901FB92A3B0C

Learned that either I’m a wimp... or someone used a hydraulic press to push my OEM tweeters into their mounts. Never thought of them rattling before but... but when I was messing with the door sails and shook them, they sounded like one of these:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 87760AFF-6FDC-4CCC-B9A8-4E3C8E706AAC

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I love my car, but the cabin is a massive rattle trap.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my car, but the cabin is a massive rattle trap.
I wasn’t kidding earlier... before and after adding some tiny felt squares.

I’ve found and stopped so many tiny little rattle points in the doors. I didn’t even recognize these in the car. Also, I haven’t messed with the dash yet. It’s slow work but it’s a nice lazy Friday screwing around with the stuff.
Sponsored