What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

monstarind

Monstar Industries
First Name
Monstar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.monstarind.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R FK8R
Country flag

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
a fellow honda civic fc friend had some engine problem needing a set of forged pistons & so happen i have them ready stock in hand & they're "blessed" for him too.
i did swap from my stage 2 to stage 1 turbo though
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1600348898140

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1600348935082

blessed under the sun for more enhanced blessings
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1600348957400

received some blessing from my engine before handing over
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1600349001435

engine & turbo is mine just using it for decoration

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1600349042053

9 bladed turbine wheel

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
Finally joined the KTuner/TSP club today along with a PRL stage 1 intake all thanks to @mocaSi hooking me up. Too bad it started raining today lol Can't wait to see what everyone has been raving about with the tune.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) AF594E62-A81E-4053-BAE0-756C5539E693

Starting on sound deadening. Took me about 3 minutes to get to this point. Took me 14 additional seconds to realize my dumbass would need brackets for the replacement speakers I’ve had sitting NIB for another project I figured I’d throw in and harnesses to avoid cutting wires. If well... they’ll be here tomorrow. I can play with deadening the doors to see if it made a difference in the stockers before anything new goes in. One variable at a time!

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my Crutchfield order today. Not to rub it in but they include the bracket and wiring harness for free. First time I ever ordered from them but I can recommend for sure! Plan to install mine this weekend. Also have a foam baffle to drop the speaker into and Noico sound deadening mat for the doors while I'm in there. I was looking forward to your install but I'll be patient. lol

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man. I’m just doing a hack job with this deadening and haven’t added some of that 150 mm foam yet. It’s amazing the difference it’s made on a wide open door doing the old knock comparison.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my Crutchfield order today. Not to rub it in but they include the bracket and wiring harness for free. First time I ever ordered from them but I can recommend for sure! Plan to install mine this weekend. Also have a foam baffle to drop the speaker into and Noico sound deadening mat for the doors while I'm in there. I was looking forward to your install but I'll be patient. lol
Oh it’s rubbed in. I think I bought these speakers at least a year ago and they were sitting on a shelf in the garage forgotten. Oh well. $20 and 1 day shipping and I’ll have a set of brackets and harnesses.

It should be tedious work... but it’s almost soothing to turn off my brain to cut and lay down the deadening stuff and foam. I wish I would have gotten an early start but the weather has been randomly terrible today. I figure I’ll finish tomorrow and check out how the stock speakers are. Then throw in the new speakers over the weekend and see if they’ve got a little more pop.

I figure I’ll do the doors in the front... maybe a half assed job on the back to use minimal material. Do the trunk lid. Inside of the wheel wells cabin-side if they’re accessible. I’ve got to pull the A Pillar trim totally off and see what can be done down there. I don’t know... just dorking around. I have to stay in a hotel for a week away from home by myself so I may buy enough stuff to take with me to occupy myself in the evening.

Edit: BTW... I’ve dug in many doors... 280z, Galant, RSX, 300zx... these are the *easiest* ones to reach into I’ve ever seen. Some of them have tiny access holes that are shaaaarp. These are great!

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Man. I’m just doing a hack job with this deadening and haven’t added some of that 150 mm foam yet. It’s amazing the difference it’s made on a wide open door doing the old knock comparison.

Thanks for posting these! I want to do/am planning to do the same thing soon and this serves as motivation.

Also, the lack of anything in there is pathetic :thumbsdown:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for posting these! I want to do/am planning to do the same thing soon and this serves as motivation.

Also, the lack of anything in there is pathetic :thumbsdown:
Yep. It’s just a big hollow metal drum. Takes maybe 2 minutes to pull the door. A couple more to pull the moisture shield and a couple wiring harnesses. Very, very easy and I think every trim fastener is unscathed. I’m about 1/2 done with the inside of the drivers side. Spent maybe $100 for 36 square feet of that 80mm rubber and 150 mm foam. I bet I’ll have enough to do all the doors and start on the trunk at the rate I’m using it. I’ll just the same amount of I want to go wild. Not pulling carpet, but it should make a difference.

My only regret is being lazy and not doing this sooner.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Yep. It’s just a big hollow metal drum. Takes maybe 2 minutes to pull the door. A couple more to pull the moisture shield and a couple wiring harnesses. Very, very easy and I think every trim fastener is unscathed. I’m about 1/2 done with the inside of the drivers side. Spent maybe $100 for 36 square feet of that 80mm rubber and 150 mm foam. I bet I’ll have enough to do all the doors and start on the trunk at the rate I’m using it. I’ll just the same amount of I want to go wild. Not pulling carpet, but it should make a difference.

My only regret is being lazy and not doing this sooner.
do we need combination? I thought some thing like Killmat or Nioco mat would be sufficient for sound deadening project.
Sponsored