What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got some shots of the new lights.. Love how they came out! I have the sequential bumper reflectors done now too so it looks like a spaceship when you unlock it. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of with the tail lights is that the red shows through the side pretty aggressively. If I wrap the side with vinyl it might still look clean and stop the light bleed...

IMG_20200914_164421-01.jpeg
Looking great man! I love white, black and grey vehicles. I love the over the top look and glad I’m not the only one to think outside the box for a different look without covering in wrap or vinyl.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Bought a bunch of Chemical Guys stuff a few weeks back:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) chemical guys stuff

Finally had the chance to use it this weekend. Results:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) clean civic

Turned out pretty well, although I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by the Foam Blaster. More like the Foam Dribbler. Perhaps user error...I'll have to futz with it a bit.

Also, now playing: Honey I Shrunk the Civic
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) shrunken civic

This thing desperately needs some mods. I have to perform a chrome delete on the grille, black out the wheels, swap in clear side markers, and add some tiny Si badges. Also need a spoiler and HDMI exhaust. I'll check with College Hills Honda to see if they have any compatible options

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bought a bunch of Chemical Guys stuff a few weeks back:
chemical guys stuff.jpg

Finally had the chance to use it this weekend. Results:
clean civic.jpg

Turned out pretty well, although I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by the Foam Blaster. More like the Foam Dribbler. Perhaps user error...I'll have to futz with it a bit.

Also, now playing: Honey I Shrunk the Civic
shrunken civic.jpg

This thing desperately needs some mods. I have to perform a chrome delete on the grille, black out the wheels, swap in clear side markers, and add some tiny Si badges. Also need a spoiler and HDMI exhaust. I'll check with College Hills Honda to see if they have any compatible options
I bought the Mr. Snubby attachment to try out with my bf’s PW with the foam cannon. You can get the foam cannon off Amazon cheaper than the actual CG brand one. I even changed the orifice out. But I have a ton of CG stuff I need to pack away because I’m in the middle of moving again. Lol won’t be moved out of the house til January so I’m getting a head start. Did you get the DeCon spray? I told my bf to get it because I heard it works good on removing caked on brake dust from your wheels. I don’t have that problem.... yet but I detailed his truck while he was out to sea and I couldn’t get the wheels cleaned up enough. But I did what I could. So I took him to the detail garage near our house so he can check it out lol.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I bought the Mr. Snubby attachment to try out with my bf’s PW with the foam cannon. You can get the foam cannon off Amazon cheaper than the actual CG brand one. I even changed the orifice out. But I have a ton of CG stuff I need to pack away because I’m in the middle of moving again. Lol won’t be moved out of the house til January so I’m getting a head start. Did you get the DeCon spray? I told my bf to get it because I heard it works good on removing caked on brake dust from your wheels. I don’t have that problem.... yet but I detailed his truck while he was out to sea and I couldn’t get the wheels cleaned up enough. But I did what I could. So I took him to the detail garage near our house so he can check it out lol.
The foam blaster is the kind you attach to a garden variety...er, garden hose. I have crappy water pressure at my house, which surely didn't help...but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the only issue. I don't own a power washer. If I can't figure out the blaster then I may invest in one (along with a foam cannon). I'm sure I can find other uses for it.

Re: Decon spray - no, I didn't get that one. Everything I have came in this kit, which came with the "sticky citrus" wheel cleaner. Seemed to work ok, although my wheels weren't all that dirty to begin with.

Prior to this CG purchase, all of my car-washing stuff was years and years old, along with ratty towels/sponges - so I figured I'd start fresh. That kit covers most of my requirements at one shot. One thing I still need is some sort of quick detailer spray, something like this. I'm poking around for reviews. Any recommendations?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing I still need is some sort of quick detailer spray, something like this. I'm poking around for reviews. Any recommendations?

I like the Griot's Garage detailer

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The foam blaster is the kind you attach to a garden variety...er, garden hose. I have crappy water pressure at my house, which surely didn't help...but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the only issue. I don't own a power washer. If I can't figure out the blaster then I may invest in one (along with a foam cannon). I'm sure I can find other uses for it.

Re: Decon spray - no, I didn't get that one. Everything I have came in this kit, which came with the "sticky citrus" wheel cleaner. Seemed to work ok, although my wheels weren't all that dirty to begin with.

Prior to this CG purchase, all of my car-washing stuff was years and years old, along with ratty towels/sponges - so I figured I'd start fresh. That kit covers most of my requirements at one shot. One thing I still need is some sort of quick detailer spray, something like this. I'm poking around for reviews. Any recommendations?
I have the synthetic quick detailed spray from CG. it works good. I used it to clean the interior door jams of his truck. Every time I wash my car I forget about that part of the car being cleaned. His truck is white so you can see EVERYTHING! lol ? I haven’t tried the Mr. Snubby attachment and it’s supposed to rain when I get off so it’ll have to wait til another day.

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
You replaced the entire headlight or you got just LED part? I'm thinking to get aftermarket LED for my sport. But I'm kinda OEM guy. I've just got the philips white bulb, but they're not white. I was gonna return it then i gave up.
I replaced the entire headlight bucket with ome led and purchased a led headlight harness to plug into the stock unit. Works well and looks super cool.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great! How is the fitment on the pro civic grill?
Not great. Now keep in mind it's not actually the pro civic grille. It's THIS ONE. But it is the same design with the only exception being the emblem holder is mandatory whereas the pro civic one you can have a blank grille if you want.

I followed the advice from THIS THREAD and did everything that was suggested. I reinforced the center column, melted the tabs and bent them down so they actually grab the notches and glued them in. Still there is a bit of a gap. It's not as bad as when the tabs actually separate from the bumper like in that thread but it's not as clean as OEM. Honestly though, no one will ever notice. I only see it because I know it's there.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200910_154131
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200910_143437

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
Installed the aquity stage 2 shift kit along with the throttle pedal spacer, loving the solid shifter feel along with being able to actually heel toe lol. Have mine in position C right now and love it but I am gonna put it to B and try it out Cause why not haha also washed, clay bar and waxed to get a good prep for the winter and took some nice shots of her

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) DB4103EE-5754-4D9C-807C-2D8F404B27E7

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) FEF01BB5-8124-414A-8E45-334C9A5A7674

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Received Package #1 of several packages coming over the next week or 2 (LC2i Pro and Knukoncepts 4 gauge Amp Kit coming in the next day or 2, amp next week probably as it still hasn't shipped according to Amazon).

My original plan was to split my 2 DC Audio Level 3 15's between my 2 vehicles so I didn't have to spend the money on a new sub, so I built a new box for a single 15 for my SUV and tried selling my dual 15 box for a while, had many bites but just a bunch of tire kickers that never actually showed up, decided the single 15 and being forced to run it at 2 Ohm (dual 1 Ohm VC) meaning I was effectively getting HALF of my amps power output wasn't enough for me and I didn't wanna have to sell both my subs and buy 2 new dual 2 ohms (one for each vehicle) so I redesigned my big dual 15 box and stuck it back in the SUV and went shopping for a sub to run in the Civic, decided to get this beast from Skar Audio as it is rated for the power of the amp I chose and should get me to about 75%ish of the power i'm running in the SUV, so good enough for the daily, working on rebuilding the box for the single 15 to fit the civic, got it all busted apart, just trying to find the time to make all the cuts I need to make so I can reassemble the redesigned box. This sub is basically a perfect match to the size box I can get out of the redesigned single 15 box.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200916_002350

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200916_002415

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200916_002422

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200916_002428

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Came to Honda for oil change and tire rotation. My car has 45.000 miles. They said i'll need new tires in last service. They quoted around $1900 it was in february. And I got $605 for Good Year tires and around $800 for continental tires. And he said that they have campaign buy 4 tires get 1 free.
so I ended up buying good year. Still waiting at dealership. Let's see!

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Not actually today, but last night finally purchased a 2020 Hatchback EX in lunar silver.

Wasn't the exact color that I wanted, but was given a decent price for a better trim level than what I was planning on getting.
Sponsored