What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Awesome! Hey I don't know what other people have done around here, but if you buy the center armrest, instead of completely removing it, I just undid the screws that held the cloth portion on and swapped it with the leather. Kind of a waste since it's the entire assembly, but my car is still fairly new so it made no sense to tear the whole thing out if I didn't have to. Hope that makes sense.
I already had center leather console arm rest (leather part only without plastic lid) I got from the junk yard few years ago, so just needed sides and door arm rests
Sponsored

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
win
time for some window visors. When in rain crack the windows, air flows in defogs and rain is kept out.
window visors are a bit tacky imho, never liked the look but to each his own :)

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my wheels powder coated gloss black completing my chrome delete! Looks 10x better compared to the original chrome imo. (2nd picture is the car stock for reference)
21722285-E4B3-49A4-91D8-893AF25DC88F.jpeg
C7D2835D-A7A1-446F-AF69-EFF958F0A7AB.jpeg
How much did that run you? If it’s not to expensive I’d probably get mine done too. Is it worthwhile?

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I don't mind at all. The easiest upgrade you'll do that's worth every penny. Hated that sandpaper cloth. Parts are for the front doors and center console.

Purchased from oempartsource.com
Didn't take more than about a week for it all to come in.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 7.00.40 PM.png
Anyone thinks these parts will fit to hatchback?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got some shots of the new lights.. Love how they came out! I have the sequential bumper reflectors done now too so it looks like a spaceship when you unlock it. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of with the tail lights is that the red shows through the side pretty aggressively. If I wrap the side with vinyl it might still look clean and stop the light bleed...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20200914_164421-01

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I ended up doing some ebay hunting and found some OEM LED touring lights and harness for my Civic EX Hatchback. Nice upgrade to the stock halogens, and in my opinion looks cool. I also did the horn replacement, went from 1 meep to an actual sounding dual horn setup. A pain to work on, but worthwhile upgrade.

Next on my list is the auto dim mirror/compass combo. I ended up finding a mirror with the sensor at the top of the mirror which I am hoping helps with the hatchback wing blocking light.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I ended up doing some ebay hunting and found some OEM LED touring lights and harness for my Civic EX Hatchback. Nice upgrade to the stock halogens, and in my opinion looks cool. I also did the horn replacement, went from 1 meep to an actual sounding dual horn setup. A pain to work on, but worthwhile upgrade.

Next on my list is the auto dim mirror/compass combo. I ended up finding a mirror with the sensor at the top of the mirror which I am hoping helps with the hatchback wing blocking light.
You replaced the entire headlight or you got just LED part? I'm thinking to get aftermarket LED for my sport. But I'm kinda OEM guy. I've just got the philips white bulb, but they're not white. I was gonna return it then i gave up.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much did that run you? If it’s not to expensive I’d probably get mine done too. Is it worthwhile?
TLDR; To paint wheels black: time, effort, and a little elbow grease will yield near equal results compared to powder coat, and here's my process.

To answer your question, around $350, but if i'm being honest, it's not that much better in terms of quality over spray paint (NOT plastiDip that stuff is garbage for wheels). About a month ago i decided to try painting them myself, $40 in spray paint and a couple days (nights after school) worth of effort and i achieved i'd say 90-95% quality that the powder coat rendered me with, and i painted them in cold rainy weather, so Here's what I bought: Rust Oleum 2X Ultimate High Gloss Black, Rust Oleum 2X Gloss Clear, Dupli Color High Performance Gloss Black Wheel Coating, Dupli Color Black Tire Paint, 120 & 320 Grit Fine Angled Sanding Sponge, Finish 1st Grey(800gt) & Maroon(360gt) Scuff Pad, Meguiar's Ultimate Wheel Cleaner, Turtle Wax Ice Seal n Shine, some painter's tape and a pack of notecards. I scrubbed the wheel after putting the cleaner of to get all brake dust and grime off, then I dried the wheel completely. I scuffed the whole wheel with the maroon pad, then sanded the clear coat on the chrome with 120 grit, washed, and then 320 grit. After taping off the valve stems & putting notecards in the crevice between the tire and wheel (tape doesn't like to stick to the rubber but ymmv) I sprayed 2 or 3 coats of the 2X Black roughly 15 minutes apart, starting thin and ending with a heavy coat by spraying evenly to yield a gloss finish. 30 minutes later i came back with the grey scuff pad lightly over the good areas, and the 320 grit on the orange peel areas. Then 3 coats 15 minutes apart of the Dupli Color coating with the same procedure (sanding down orange peel & light scuffing on the good areas). Then 3 Coats of the 2X Clear same old same old but this time 30 minutes apart. After 1 hour, I took the Seal n Shine and went over the whole face of the wheel for the extra gloss and grime resistance, then covered the wheel with a circular cutout of cardboard and painted the tire with the Dupli Color Tire paint, rinse and repeat for the other 3 wheels and boom. The lug nuts i found to be very difficult since they don't sand easily by hand and the paint chips off after the first use so i'll have to buy some anodized ones either red or black dunno yet. If possible, let the wheels cure in the sun for a good day or even two, alternatively you could leave them on your car and park the car one way one day and reverse it for the next day, but the sun is crucial to get the paint to cure hard and fast. Will update on durability as that is virtually the only thing would be different from powder coat to spray paint.

TLDR; To paint wheels black: time, effort, and a little elbow grease will yield near equal results compared to powder coat, and here's my process.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The best decision I made was to Ceramic Coat my wheels. All the brake dust rinses right off and it’s easy to clean the inside of rim just by spraying and drying. I highly recommend it it’s only like $100 to have it professionally done.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 03986BBB-426F-4A41-883B-6928DEE7D815

I also do t leave my car in the sun to prevent fading and baking the carbon fiber in the sun.

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got some shots of the new lights.. Love how they came out! I have the sequential bumper reflectors done now too so it looks like a spaceship when you unlock it. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of with the tail lights is that the red shows through the side pretty aggressively. If I wrap the side with vinyl it might still look clean and stop the light bleed...

IMG_20200914_164421-01.jpeg
Lookin noooiiiiicccce ??

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lookin noooiiiiicccce ??
Hey thanks man! It's wild to look at a stock white hatch and think that somehow mine used to look like that. I'm very proud of how it's come along, and it's just about "finished"... Or as much as you can be with modding a car lol. Just need new canards (on the way) then swap the Type R roof fins and wrap hood, roof and hatch and we done with exterior. Welllllll that and I need some early 2000's vibe going on with the underglow
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) thumb
Just have to decide on the fins... the OEM are $140 each now, compared to $100 for the fins and the little vortex generators from absdynamics. I don't think I can justify the extra $180, but I don't like that there is no screw on the ABS ones and they are held on by 3m tape.

But for real, you never end up being "done" with your buiild. I'm sure I'll see something here on civicx shortly after getting that small list done and go "Well I can't NOT get that...." *cash register noise*